Is it Illegal to run a NON Streetlegal car.**UPDATED ROYS RESPONSE**

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the state DMV found out about that wouldnt there be big problems?

"non street legal" = not legal to be driven on public roads! Come on!

So isnt that a public admittal to illegally driving a NON CONFORMING automobile on the street by way of using a dealers license in a manner for which it was not intended?

It's not so much that the car isn't street legal, an LP640 with all 4 cats removed would be non-street legal in Chicago because it wouldn't pass emissions. The problem I see with this, is that the GTR is a pure-bred race car, and race cars pose many more difficulties with running on the street than non-legal street cars.

The risk of fire is much greater, the crumple zone's effectiveness are more diminished due to the stiffer chassis used for racing, everything is quicker and less forgiving. Roy's an old man, old men shouldn't drive race cars, especially on the street.

It's not so much that the car isn't street legal, an LP640 with all 4 cats removed would be non-street legal in Chicago because it wouldn't pass emissions. The problem I see with this, is that the GTR is a pure-bred race car, and race cars pose many more difficulties with running on the street than non-legal street cars.

The risk of fire is much greater, the crumple zone's effectiveness are more diminished due to the stiffer chassis used for racing, everything is quicker and less forgiving. Roy's an old man, old men shouldn't drive race cars, especially on the street.

If he is in California, hopefully he isn't doing something stupid to attract "more attention" (if there is such a possibility with that gorgeous lambo), because I hear the cops are un-forgiving with "racers".

Um, NO Roy, it's NOT "kinda ok" to put dealer plates on a non-street legal car and drive it on public roads. :rolleyes:

It's "kinda ok!" :lol2:

It has to be true because he said it was okay. How could it not be from someone who has a guarantee like,,,,,,,,,,

CATS EXOTICS offers our "EXCLUSIVE MONEY BACK GUARANTEE*". If you are not happy with your car for any reason within 72 hours of delivery, simply ship it back to us and we will refund all of your money no questions asked. Ask us for details.

Sounds like a real honest guy.................LOL

Or what if he ends up in an accident?

Here in the US, if you get into an accident with a non-compliant car, your insurance company does not have to cover it.

I know here in Orange County, if it can't be registered/tagged, it can't be driven on public roads.

In Roys defense, and this is something I have never been to before since I dont know him, everyone on this forum would be bragging about driving that car on the street if they could. There would be no talk about crumple zones and emmissions and any other dealer plate bull shit. Roy may have proved to be an asshole over and over, but the last car he got called on around here he bought a new tire and fixed the clutch for. He did enough for that car that everyone on this board was begging the new owner to take his deal for. Now people want to bitch about him driving a pure racing enthusiasts car??? Get a life.

:eusa_naughty:

Allan, something was wrong with your picture I fixed it. FYI It was missing the flames and smoke.

Anything I can do to help.

Best,

John

Can you supply the real inferno pics? :icon_mrgreen:

In Roys defense, and this is something I have never been to before since I dont know him, everyone on this forum would be bragging about driving that car on the street if they could. There would be no talk about crumple zones and emmissions and any other dealer plate bull shit. Roy may have proved to be an asshole over and over, but the last car he got called on around here he bought a new tire and fixed the clutch for. He did enough for that car that everyone on this board was begging the new owner to take his deal for. Now people want to bitch about him driving a pure racing enthusiasts car??? Get a life.

Not so much about driving a non legal car on the road as an example of a pattern of behavior, hypocricy and something else that I can't talk about...

fcuk Roy. If people on this site do not realize what kind of person he is and want to do business with him than that is their own fault. No one who regularly keeps up with this site, and no one that searches it for that matter, will ever do business with Roy without realizing he is one scum bag mutherfucker. I wouldnt buy a car from him if it was the only one on the street. And when I did look for a white Murci roadster not long ago, and Roy was the only one who had something that matched what I was looking for, I passed right by it. I hope it costs him money in the end. But when you start blaming him for driving a car like that around on the street your stooping to the level of Roy running background reports on people or calling them terrorists for no reason. Im all for frying someone for being a piece of shit, but lets wait till he does something wrong before he gets fried AGAIN. Other than that, if he really does drive that car like its stolen, God bless him for one lousy thing.