Another one gone?

Viper_Mike

http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/sports/20...es-burning-car/

I think this was a silver twin supercharged car that was for sale recently.

Found it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Just-Servic...1QQcmdZViewItem

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Wow !

What's more interesting is that the car sold for only 135k. I guess it was only a good price while the car lasted. : :crybaby2:

Well, one 6.0 less....more for the rest !

Shamile

You think the fire was caused by the extensive mods???? I hope so, I just bought a 6.0.

no, they ALL catch fire ...it is only time before it will happen

KIDDIN ;)

That is a damn shame, something was array with this. The guy only 3 weeks ago had the superchargers rebuilt & the engine serviced.

Someone is going to have to answer a lot of questions with this.

The only consolation i see is this, my 6.0 will be the only twin supercharged 6.0 in the world now, Should have it back on the road in about 4-6 weeks, hopefully it will not share the same fate.

Oh, and i will add there is no way that car sold for $135k, that's just not going to happen.

Bad, bad, bad news.....

It's too bad that the same newspaper they used as "proof of date" in the ebay add, has to anounce the misfortune of the car only a couple of weeks later. (the ebay pic didn't proof a lot to me to be honest)

And no, I wouldn't pay 135K for this car; although it might look like a bargain these cars are not built to be modded IMHO.

Good the driver is safe BTW !

I had someone look at the car today, he had a hard time getting an odometer reading for me, I guess it really is a TMU car now...

4099886_8_I.jpeg

• 5 months later...

Here's what I don't understand. People spend mega $$$ to install force-fed induction systems yet they will do nothing to reduce the heat in the engine bay, insulate the fuel lines, or install fire extinguisher systems. What's so difficult about coating the exhaust pipes with ceramic, or installing shut-off valves which cut the fuel if there is a sudden pressure loss. Or at least install an engine-bay fire extinguisher. A local Supra owner has a system in his car where once a rip-cord is pulled, the car is filled with foam. Might not be great for the interior but sure as hell beats a fire.