brighter green than verde ithaca

Luxeous

I say go for Verde Scandal! All the way!

+1 The Scandal is pretty hot! Never seen it before. I'd love to see a blue version. Bright highlighter blue glow. It would be this version of Monterey.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I decided on Verde Ithaca, some dealers advised me against it, saying it was hard to move. (They didn't have any VI cars on their way either.) When I started to see VI cars hit the showroom floor, they were moving faster than I anticipated. I bought mine as soon as I discovered Lamborghini Orange County had it. Honestly, I'd go with what you love. I think it's wonderful to see one of a kind cars out there. The only downside I have is when I go to a rally and a bunch of us are flying down the freeway, and I'm the ONLY green car, I really stick out for that mondo ticket.

I'd order exactly what you like most and while I understand concerns about resale, there are two schools of thought, one is that by being unique, you are holding the value of your car, but the trick is making sure what you have as unique is what the market wants. I'd talk to several of the larger dealers like LOC and a few others to both get a price and to get their opinion. LOC moves a lot of cars and may have some really solid input about what holds value. I'd give Nora a call.

Also, if you get a Roadster, I'd go with a dark interior as they do easily collect road dirt. I've had light interiors on convertibles and I'd never do it again.

Tom

Thanks for the input Tom! I agree with you, if I am going to spend that much on a car, I want it to be exactly what I want. Unique and flashy, thats what Lambo's are all about! :)

I really want the bisportive (I think thats what they call it) seating with the inserts and bottom of the dash to be colormatched to the outside of the car. is that going too light like you were mentioning for a roadster? What do you use to clean something like that? My biz partner is looking at ordering monterey blue with all white interior, probably not the best idea then huh?

Thanks for the input Tom! I agree with you, if I am going to spend that much on a car, I want it to be exactly what I want. Unique and flashy, thats what Lambo's are all about! :)

I really want the bisportive (I think thats what they call it) seating with the inserts and bottom of the dash to be colormatched to the outside of the car. is that going too light like you were mentioning for a roadster? What do you use to clean something like that? My biz partner is looking at ordering monterey blue with all white interior, probably not the best idea then huh?

The white would be a great looking interior but I'd hate to try and keep it clean. I keep my cars spotless and it's a pain when you have to take it in for leather cleaning all the time. It would be a lot easier if it wasn't the roadster. I think you can get away with a green interior. There was a new VI with a green interior on the market and it wasn't moving all that fast, but I don't know if the dealer was asking a premium for it or if it was the car, or their local market, but it looks like it did finally sell.

In the end, I'd get exactly what you love and let that be your guide more than anything.

I would not get a light coloured interior, having a tough time with my cream interior. I personally like the VI with the glass engine cover and CCB is a must.

I would not get a light coloured interior, having a tough time with my cream interior. I personally like the VI with the glass engine cover and CCB is a must.

Sameer has it right! (can't wait to see your CF pictures Sameer)

Sameer has it right! (can't wait to see your CF pictures Sameer)

Will post pics by mid next week buddy

Go with the CUSTOM Color (Colour)!!!!!

If I spec out a new one, I too want it to be a 1 of 1. Get it because you love it, not because of how it MIGHT sell in some time.

I am also thinking of a custom color (inside and out) so go for it!

If nothing else, you and I will stand out from the crowd of "dull" Lambos! :lol2:

dont mean to hijack this thread, but does anyone have a picture of the color Verde Miura?

p400s17.jpg

How about a Miura in Verde Scandal instead. :icon_mrgreen:

Actually, I can't tell Verde Scandal and Miura Verde apart in pictures.

They both look the same to me. Maybe they are the same.

post-7955-1207419704_thumb.jpg

How about a Miura in Verde Scandal instead. :icon_mrgreen:

Actually, I can't tell Verde Scandal and Miura Verde apart in pictures.

They both look the same to me. Maybe they are the same.

Thats what i had though thanks!

dont mean to hijack this thread, but does anyone have a picture of the color Verde Miura?

Google "Lamborghini colors" and it will come up at the top in the PPG colors. Scroll down and it's on the list.

I think this is a similiar SV as to the one on page 1. It's beautiful, A Lp640 in this colour :icon_super:

post-536-1207439203_thumb.jpg

edit: not sure if its the same colour though, anyone know?

I think verde ithaca is the defenetly the best shade for the Murci. The others are just going to be way too light.

• 1 year later...
I think verde ithaca is the defenetly the best shade for the Murci. The others are just going to be way too light.

bumping an old thread!

is this the same verde scandal available on the new gallardos?

carsandcoffee01102008094.jpg

carsandcoffee01102008095.jpg

carsandcoffee01102008098.jpg

carsandcoffee01102008099.jpg

Holy depreciation Batman! That Verde Scandal/Yellow-Black LP just took a $80,000 nosedive before it even left the factory.

Holy depreciation Batman! That Verde Scandal/Yellow-Black LP just took a $80,000 nosedive before it even left the factory.

Haha my thoughts exactly.

the interior could be redone :P

so the paint is the same color?

I'm asking because it's looks like they may have revised it. I believe the paint on the diablo is a two stage paint and the gallardo photos above appear to be 3 stage.

its so hard to tell with different cameras.. lighting conditions.. etc..

that verde scandal color is bad ass! not sure about resale, but I know Verde Ithaca has been fetching an average of 10% resale more than most of the common colors.

that LP560 without the aftermarket rims looks like VI under harsh lighting?