SL65 not enough!?

OC

when can we expect to see decent gear box (twin clutch auto) in Mercedes top of the line super car?

Mako told me it would be launched May 23 at 12pm.

That's Gallardo pricing, and it'll be slower, heavier, bulkier, and ugly compared to the LP560-4.

It's 570 lbs lighter, great LOL, still over 3500 lbs I bet.

That's Gallardo pricing, and it'll be slower, heavier, bulkier, and ugly compared to the LP560-4.

no way. with 500-600 lbs off its curb weight, that would put it near murcielago level weight (if not less), and 670 hp and 740 ftlbs. This might have the SLR beat. I cant wait.

That car is HOT! And if it truly is 600lbs lighter, you are dreaming if you think a Lp560 will be faster. It should also be faster than the SLR , which will make it a Lp640 and 560... KILLER.

I am glad they didnt go crazy on the price over a normal sl65. 225k is not that much for what you are getting. 500-600lbs will put it at 3900-4000lbs and to think with an ecu tune you can get a normal sl65 up to 580whp so this should be able to see 625-650whp easy. The bigger rubber helps and since the lbft is the same I am almost positive they did some turbo work to change the power band which is what the sl65 needs.

Mako told me it would be launched May 23 at 12pm.

:lol2: :icon_thumleft:

If they lop off "570lbs" it puts it right at 3,910lbs wet, which is nearly identical to the SLR, and lighter than the LP640.

It will easily demolish both if it makes as much power as the article claims.

hopefully we see a Murcielago SV/SL or something when this comes out.

anyways, I hope they play their cards right with the body kit. I cant wait!

Plus, with the wider body and more tire, it should (finally) hook decently even with that ridiculous amount of torque.

I'm not sure if I like the looks, but I'm very impressed with MB and AMG doing this. :)

And slowpoke, that Swedish girl in your avatar is absolutely gorgeous...I'm at a loss of words...I went to Sweden once, last fall...and I can't wait to go back!!! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

-Olivier

Plus, with the wider body and more tire, it should (finally) hook decently even with that ridiculous amount of torque.

I'm not sure if I like the looks, but I'm very impressed with MB and AMG doing this. :)

And slowpoke, that Swedish girl in your avatar is absolutely gorgeous...I'm at a loss of words...I went to Sweden once, last fall...and I can't wait to go back!!! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

-Olivier

thats a guy.

They just need to give it a PROPER gearbox!!!!

Give it a few more years and i think you will see the new MCT tranny in there. The problem is that these 65 and 600 engines produce so much torque they literally rip apart the transmissions which is why you only see them use the 5 speed slushbox.

Give it a few more years and i think you will see the new MCT tranny in there. The problem is that these 65 and 600 engines produce so much torque they literally rip apart the transmissions which is why you only see them use the 5 speed slushbox.

If Bugatti can make theirs handle 50% more TQ, MB has NO EXCUSES!!! :)

If Bugatti can make theirs handle 50% more TQ, MB has NO EXCUSES!!! :)

Very true considering MB spends more than a what a veyron cost a day alone on Research and Development. Then again is it really cost effective for MB to develop such a transmission?

I think its 10 mil a day? Trust me MB pisses me off alot with their arrogance, such as why the hell dont cars like AMGs come standard with bi-xenons?

-Olivier

You should see my other one :icon_mrgreen:

such as why the hell dont cars like AMGs come standard with bi-xenons?

My friend just got himself a new fully loaded (and very girly) SLK55 AMG, we almost got into a fight when I pointed out to him he had no HID/Xenon lights :lol2:

I very much doubt this....with these stats it puts it closer to slr performance.....which itself will walk all over the 560.

However....it wont go around a corner so for fat cats only.