Korean supercar

RedShft

looks pretty cool if the calendar reads 1980? Kind of 'been there' with ALL the styling cues. But build quality is a big factor and if I know the Korean's they probably built it pretty well!!!

It doesn't look bad, but nothing exciting or worthwhile.

I'm sure on the eastern hemisphere it'll sell, but the further west from Korea they try to appeal, the harder it will be to find takers. They have high barriers to get thru, and right now they have designed a car that just reaches the minimum requirements for a unique and possibly really fun sports car. (notice I didn't say a supercar).

The headlights look like the idea was taking from a rarer wide body conversion kit for the Mazda RX7, I think by RE Amemiya. The rest of the design and shape looks like a "baby" imitation Koenigseigg (sp?).

If this car beats the reputation that Korean carmakers have (which is similar to US carmakers), and the build quality, and interior features don't look cheap, then this car could be a hit.

i think the car looks good. the headlights seem like the Tesla electric car. the style is kind of conservative but i think that's typical of korean culture. however, i think it's a little overpriced if it cannot do somethine extra special. for the same money people will always favor the european counterpart or even the nissan GTR. but if 100-300 units is their target, i don't think they will have any problems just selling to their local market

Its has a mid engine 2.7L supercharged V6 from a Hyundai. The styling is clean but generic. They are gonna have a tough time selling it at $100K a piece.

They are gonna have a tough time selling it at $100K a piece.

:iamwithstupid: I believe it is a Tiburon sourced motor; I could see the car having decent sales at half that price. You have a lot more proven competition in that price range. The only people state side I could see buying this is Tiburon fanatics who just won a scratch off ticket.

Speaking of, the new Tibby is supposed to be a strong contender in the entry level sports car market. So much so that Hyundai is debating on dropping the name to distinguish its matured performance.

After looking at it, the thing looks terrible honestly.

Profille shot you've got your NSX, gallardo front fenders, i see even a hint of the 360 in it.

3/4 does anyone else se CCS anyone?

eh. i don't think they'll see their 300 they hope to eventually.

I think it looks great, but $100k? That's stupid, but I suppose there are more than 300 collectors out there that would pay to have the first Korean "supercar". At under 400hp, it's no supercar though. At best it's a 911, Maserati or Aston V8 competitor.

koreans buying their own cars at 100k is fairly reasonable there. comparing to european cars sold there that are up the butt in terms of pricing+tariffs which is easily twice that amount, its a relative bargain there.... The Korean gov. really protects domestic car manufacturers.... This company sees a niche...smart company. In Asia, european cars generally are so hiked up over the prices we see stateside its not even funny... In some countries, what you pay for a mercedes, you could buy a murcie here.... And ever heard of RX300 lexus suv going for 75000usd? Believe me, its there... So, bottom line is 100k is not expensive at all... for them.. they are used to it...