4.3 million$ Miura SV Jota for sale

Diablo_4_Ever

Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

With numerous "normal" SVs selling for the $1 million dollar range, and I personally know of a couple offers close to $2 million for original or rare specimens, $4 million for an SV/J is not far off from where I believe the market will eventually be.

Private Ferrari 250 GTO owners are asking $30-40 million for cars. Why is the original supercar and historic Lamborghini flagship any different?

BTW, if anyone is interested, I can offer you another Jota, 22 years newer and about the same mileage, for half the price. Hell, lets say $2 millions even :icon_mrgreen:

They need somebody who's a bit better at photoshopping.

The car is obviously located in Japan, not at Autosalon Singen.

Crazy price, STUNNING car!

Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

With numerous "normal" SVs selling for the $1 million dollar range, and I personally know of a couple offers close to $2 million for original or rare specimens, $4 million for an SV/J is not far off from where I believe the market will eventually be.

Private Ferrari 250 GTO owners are asking $30-40 million for cars. Why is the original supercar and historic Lamborghini flagship any different?

this price is CRAZY at very least, the only thing that will make it look "believable" is the reventon price... :icon_mrgreen:

you are forgetting 250 GTOs have some SERIOUS race pedigree, this does not

GTO are also rarer than miuras (i know SVJ are even rarer but are almost the same as a regular SV)

this price is CRAZY at very least, the only thing that will make it look "believable" is the reventon price... :icon_mrgreen:

GTO are also rarer than miuras (i know SVJ are even rarer but are almost the same as a regular SV)

Emilio, I agree with all your points but the unique pricing of GTO's is more of a cult positioning than racing pedigree. There are numerous Ferrari models perhaps even prettier, with MUCH more racing pedigree than a GTO, but the GTO has remained the quintessential vintage Ferrari.

I am not trying to argue whether or not the GTO is worth more than other historic Ferrari vintage racers. Only comparing prices of what other culturally significant automobiles with cult following request.

I personally believe this car is worth around $2 million.

Last think I heard from Gino was that an SVJ was in fact sold for €3 millions, but he might have been talking about this one. Anyway there are probably only a handfull buyers in the world, so not an easy sale if it's 1, 2 or 3 millions.

Last think I heard from Gino was that an SVJ was in fact sold for €3 millions, but he might have been talking about this one. Anyway there are probably only a handfull buyers in the world, so not an easy sale if it's 1, 2 or 3 millions.

you are right: at these levels you start to get very little buyers for cars, i personally believe an SVJ is not a over 1M euro car today

since we agree that the price tag on the SVJ is absurd, what do you guys think is the fair value for the P400;P400S and the SV¿?

just curious to see if we evaluate the cars in the same amount....

since we agree that the price tag on the SVJ is absurd, what do you guys think is the fair value for the P400;P400S and the SV¿?

just curious to see if we evaluate the cars in the same amount....

Well, in my opinion the SVJ value is not as simple as either 1 or 2 million. It's an extremely rare car, and there is probably only one for sale. So it's a sellers market, and he can demand pretty much what he wants. If he gets what he wants for it is another question, but I'm pretty sure at 1 million it would have sold long before it hit the internet. I'm also quite sure that the classified on their web page is as much for bragging rights and status as it is an actual ad. Not many people shop for 2-3 million euro historical cars on the net (allthough I'm sure someone do :icon_mrgreen:), they have other channels they go through.

BTW, I just got off the phone with Gino at Ross AB. He knows the owner of this car, and was very surprised to see it for sale. As Hovik pointed out, the car is (obviously) not located at the dealer, so I'm wondering if this is the real deal, or one of those get an offer and ask the owner kind of deals. I will know more tomorrow.

And for what it's worth, another SVJ was in fact sold for €3 millions recently, so that's actually where the market is.

Here, for those of you who are interested in buying it :icon_wink: .

One of the prettiest cars ever built. Gorgeous! The exposed rivets/screws really make that car. A true sign of the times.

I spoke with the owner of Russo & Steele Auctions at the C&C on Saturday and he said he will have an SVJ, supposedly one with the original Bob Wallace SVJ motor in it (the motor was reportedly pulled from the original SVJ after it crashed and placed in this car), for auction at Monterey. I'm not a Miura historian, so I can't vouch for the validity of the claim, but I would think if that is true, it would be worth even more than this car. I guess we'll see what the market bears in August.

the motor was reportedly pulled from the original SVJ after it crashed and placed in this car

This was done, but if my memory serves me correct it was put in a regular SV, not an SVJ. It might be that this SV was later converted, I don't know.

This was done, but if my memory serves me correct it was put in a regular SV, not an SVJ. It might be that this SV was later converted, I don't know.

Sounds right.

about the real jota engine:

NO SVJ has the real jota engine and it never had.

a miura SV is "rumored" to have the real jota engine, but this is still to be proved as of my knowledge