4.3 million$ Miura SV Jota for sale

Diablo_4_Ever

I spoke with the owner of Russo & Steele Auctions at the C&C on Saturday and he said he will have an SVJ, supposedly one with the original Bob Wallace SVJ motor in it (the motor was reportedly pulled from the original SVJ after it crashed and placed in this car), for auction at Monterey. I'm not a Miura historian, so I can't vouch for the validity of the claim, but I would think if that is true, it would be worth even more than this car. I guess we'll see what the market bears in August.

Someone who know Bob Wallace well should call him and get that story staight from the horse mouth. If anyone can verify this it is him.

Someone who know Bob Wallace well should call him and get that story staight from the horse mouth. If anyone can verify this it is him.

the story about jota engine comes from a paper supposedly sent by Wallace to actual SV owner

And for what it's worth, another SVJ was in fact sold for €3 millions recently, so that's actually where the market is.

Ex-Shah's #4870?

• 2 weeks later...

Dear GOD that thing is stunning!

• 1 month later...

I guess so. A Miura SV in good condition goes for about 1mln $ these days, I never thought a Jota would go for 5 times the amount. I believe that last year another SV Jota (#4892) was sold from Japan to the US but I am not sure what the price was

this price is CRAZY at very least, the only thing that will make it look "believable" is the reventon price... :icon_mrgreen:

you are forgetting 250 GTOs have some SERIOUS race pedigree, this does not

GTO are also rarer than miuras (i know SVJ are even rarer but are almost the same as a regular SV)

Racing pedigree is only one factor in resale, and its usually in relation to RACE cars...which the GTO was. The muira j was not, and hence the resale falls to rarity and demand soley. The jota, if factory converted, is rarer than the gto's tenfold and hence logically will command a price well above and beyond the relative sv's price. If spyder calis and the like are fetching this money, with no racing pedigree, down to rarity and demand, then this is correctly priced for the right buyer. Personally,I would say about time.

Rule of thumb with pricing classics (road cars) is what they were like in their day. Muira Jota.....enough said.

Ps. Ive sat in the muira jota at the factory.....and no, its not almost the same as an sv.

Racing pedigree is only one factor in resale, and its usually in relation to RACE cars...which the GTO was. The muira j was not, and hence the resale falls to rarity and demand soley. The jota, if factory converted, is rarer than the gto's tenfold and hence logically will command a price well above and beyond the relative sv's price. If spyder calis and the like are fetching this money, with no racing pedigree, down to rarity and demand, then this is correctly priced for the right buyer. Personally,I would say about time.

agree: if a california is worth more than 3M euro (the 6 M car looks not a real current market price to me) an SVJ is worth this and more!

correct: rarity and nice design make the SVJ much more expensive than a regular SV

in a rational way the differences btw the SV and SVJ do not justify to spend 4 or 5 times for the later, but market is not a rational thing at all and is governed by offert and demand

Ps. Ive sat in the muira jota at the factory.....and no, its not almost the same as an sv.

here i have to disagree

just to be 100% clear the only jota was 5084 that does NOT exist anymore: this car was the only that really was much different in the mecanic department from a regular miura or even an SV (it had also completely different wheels, brakes, tyres and suspensions and a completely "racing" interior, all features that factory SVJs do not have in fact)

there are then some SVJ cars, also reffered to miura jota, built by factory (5 or 6 depending who you ask)

these cars have some cosmetic features that make them look similar to the real jota (well not completely to be honest) , plus some unique toches that makes them one different from each other as bigger tanks, single wipers....ecc

the biggest mecanical difference is the sport exhaust and only one of the factory SVJ had a dry sump (may be some have some healty engines but NOT really different from a regular SV!)

if you have sat in a miura jota at the factory that was so different from an SV you were not in a factory SVJ :shock:

my guess is Piet's jota replica that is NOT the jota neither a factory SVJ (but a replica built on a P400 miura)

it is the closest thing to the jota (and i would kill to own it :monkeyleft: ) but was not built this way by lamborghini

Yes Emillio...the 1OTA is the car I was referring to, and it was very different...........gorgeous

yes, it is indeed a very nice car :headbang: and much different from an SV

i also bet you would be disappointed seeing how close the SVJ are to "regular" SV underside: they are still gorgeous but mainly have cosmetic differences from SVs

I love the Miura SV as it is and no way would I do the SVJ conversion if I had one. It looses it's character after doing the conversion, unless if it were done by the factory.

I'm disappointed to hear none of the factory SVJs had the Jota's engine mods. Didn't it produce something like 440bhp, in an ~800kg body? Monstrous.

No cars got the original motor, but car#5100 got an engine based on real Jota parts amd built to allmost that spec WITH dry-sump as the original. Later built to a normal Miura body with normal exhaust shortly thereafter, and again built back to SVJ sometime after 1979.

Love all the "normal" Miuras, but (flame suit on)

this thing is ugly!!! Although I do appreciate the history of it.

One of the prettiest cars ever built. Gorgeous! The exposed rivets/screws really make that car. A true sign of the times.

i love the rivets and the front spoiler ..........

• 3 weeks later...