What is the proper way to jack up the Murci

Camel Toe Juice

I am assuming in the rear you can simply slide a jack under the center part of the axle but what is the best way to lift up the front?

I also heard a rumour if you jack up one side of the vehicle the front windshield may crack, any truth to this?

I also heard a rumour if you jack up one side of the vehicle the front windshield may crack, any truth to this?

I don't know about the coupes, but 4 years ago I watched a mechanic jack up the left front of my roadster and by the time he was on his 3rd pump of the jack, CRACK! There went the windshield! I think the coupes chassis is too stiff to let the windshield crack if improperly jacked.

I don't know about the coupes, but 4 years ago I watched a mechanic jack up the left front of my roadster and by the time he was on his 3rd pump of the jack, CRACK! There went the windshield! I think the coupes chassis is too stiff to let the windshield crack if improperly jacked.

Ow!

I cringed just reading that!

Did it do any damage to the frame?

-Tucker

Thats very very poor design!

I am assuming in the rear you can simply slide a jack under the center part of the axle but what is the best way to lift up the front?

I was told the best way to jack up the front of a murci is with 2 lifts. One from the side (either side is fine) and another from the front cross bar.

Like Mike, i've also heard stories of windshields cracking when lifted from the side only.

I was told the best way to jack up the front of a murci is with 2 lifts. One from the side (either side is fine) and another from the front cross bar.

Like Mike, i've also heard stories of windshields cracking when lifted from the side only.

So there is no possible way to jack up the front if it is one person?

I was considering building some wood ramps high enough to slide one jack under the front axle, any thought on this?

• 2 weeks later...

We jacked up the front of my Murcie to change a flat tire and we used two hydraulic jacks...one on each side just behind the front wheel well...one person can do it....just go from side to side one or two pumps on the jack at a time until you get both tires off the ground. By the way....we also needed to drive the car up onto a couple of 2x4's to get the clearance to push the jacks under the car.

Regarding the cracked windshields...even the dealers will tell you never jack up one side from the front!!!

Bad design or not....I love my Murcie :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a single point on the rear most frame where the rear of the car may be lifted but it is not recommended. The front can only come up by lifting on both sides. The 4 point lift areas are very specific. This is true of just about any car these days. Even lifting from 4 points must be done at the correct areas at the same time and height. You can bend the frame or unibody.

aehaas

ive gotta lift the rear of my car to change the tires ... its only gunna be up a little bit for a short time while i swap the tires over. Where would be the easiest place to lift the rear?

• 3 years later...

I bought some new wheels for my Roadster and I wanted to see if there is a specific way the car must be jacked up if I use a 4-post lift. I remember it being mentioned that a type of socket was required for the lift points?

So would the best way to do this simply be to have 2 of those harbor freight jacks and have a buddy help me so we do both sides at the same time? I have access to a 4-post but I'd rather just do it at home.

if you look under the front bumper you will see rivets that go into the front cross brace. Lift from one of the rivets and you will jack the front up evenly. I have never had one issue doing it that way as it is basically lifting it the same was as the rear brace.

if you look under the front bumper you will see rivets that go into the front cross brace. Lift from one of the rivets and you will jack the front up evenly. I have never had one issue doing it that way as it is basically lifting it the same was as the rear brace.

Is it the same on a Roadster? Im just worried since i know the Roadster flexes more.

I tried it and was shitting bricks, but it works! Thanks! Now I'm rocking some forged 1-piece 20" rims!