Sold my Viper... thinking of a Ford GT

RL in Florida

I just sold my 2006 Viper. I actually really liked the car, but was able to sell it for more than I paid for it, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity, especially with the crappy economy in Florida.

I was looking at Ford GTs, maybe the one that LamboChicago has for sale. It looks like the prices of these things is actually going up.

Just wanted some opinions from GT owners, especially those that have owned Vipers or Lambos....Driving experience, Fun factor, reliability, problems to expect, and anything else you could throw in would be helpful.

Thanks!

Love Mine !!!

No Problems to speak of and it is also a Heff TT car...

Makes plenty of power and is a smooth enough ride and driver

to want to take it across country without stopping..

And YES , these things certainly hold their value as well..

I love mine as well! Here are my thoughts:

Driving experience/Fun - awesome, i love it. It's basically a street legal race car. The car has a tremendous amount of power and just continues to pull. There are no driver aids so you definitely have to respect the car. Alot have been totaled because drivers just dont appreciate the power it has. If you've had a viper,etc you are fine. It is amazingly docile when just driving around but when you want to push it - its got more then enough there.

Reliability - I have put over 1k miles on mine and had no issues as of yet. Any minor issues the guys on the GT forum are very helpful in diagnosing and assisting in but it seems that overall the GT is a solid and reliable car. The engine is also easily upgradeable whether its a whipple supercharger, pulley and tune or TT from Heffner,etc if you want more juice. Plus maintenance is cheap as hell too.

Negatives - cant think of any really, it really is an all around great package. I think the doors get a bit annoying since you need a really wide spot to park in. The stock exhaust sounds a little docile in my view as well but thats an easy fix. The GT gets ALOT of attention, more than a ferrari or lambo in my view, which i consider a negative but others may disagree. Lets face it, if you want a nice fit and finish with piping on the seats, navigation,etc - Lambo or Ferrari is a better choice. Seeing as you have a G already, get the GT. You wont be disappointed! I have not met a single GT owner who regretted owning it. I would check the ford gt forum for additional owner commentary.

On resale - yeah they have held up quite well and i think that continues. Only 4028 were made, a good number have been totaled. Plus only 101 were officially exported. With the dollar as weak as it is and the relative price/performance alot of these are getting shipped abroad.

Anyway - those are my thoughts.

Don't hesitate, by far the best car I've ever owned.

With the amount of exotics Mike has owned/traded over the years, that speaks VOLUMES in my opinion..

• 1 month later...
With the amount of exotics Mike has owned/traded over the years, that speaks VOLUMES in my opinion..

:iamwithstupid:

This is quite the statement Mike. I also think Ford built a gem. I've never had the chance to drive one yet though.

Don't hesitate, by far the best car I've ever owned.

When are you buying (and keeping) another one?

When are you buying (and keeping) another one?

I miss my car dearly and have been close to buying another one at least on two occasions. I don't know if I'll get another one or not, as much as I loved the car its one of those "been there, done that" kind of things. I don't like used cars and doubt I'll ever be able to find another FGT brand new in the wrapper for what I paid for mine back in Dec 04, so who knows!

Not many around, and haven't owned one, but after driving it pretty hard for a day, it's definitely the next thing down from a Viper in the straights, but IMHO, handles much better and easier to control.

If you're not sure, check out a Q1... Rossion Cars