Porsche GT1 Replica

xknowonex

Now that is pretty cool. Who makes that?

If I'm not mistaken that things got some sort of an american V8 in it. Not that exciting IMO.

That is pretty bad ass! I would wrap it for my company as a race car for the street and do some track days at Firebird.

If I'm not mistaken that things got some sort of an american V8 in it. Not that exciting IMO.

I was thinking more of a twin Turboed 996TT version with around 1000hp. That would be exciting... Any info on the makers?

I know Jose from Turbowerkes built something similar. The bodywork was done before he received it though. He did much of the engine suspension, brakes, etc. But the one he did was silver and IIRC it was 600-700 hp

The one pictured is based on a 993 though his was a 996-almost 100% exact replica with the same wheels pictured

there is a guy here who has this body kit on a turbo porche, and he also has a clk mercedes with the clk gtr body kit on it also.. im not sure who made the kits but both came from the same maker...

I know Jose from Turbowerkes built something similar. The bodywork was done before he received it though. He did much of the engine suspension, brakes, etc. But the one he did was silver and IIRC it was 600-700 hp

Haha! That car was based on a burned 996 back in 1998 that I sold Patrick who in turn turned it into what you saw! What a small world!

Haha! That car was based on a burned 996 back in 1998 that I sold Patrick who in turn turned it into what you saw! What a small world!

Like I said before, I used to be there all the time as my dad had a 1991 C2 Turbo, and an 87 Carrera with a bunch of work done to it that was always there.

Isnt patrick the guy that also had a skyline project too? I dont know if it is the same guy.

The Silver 996TT looked awesome. I cant find pictures anymore. It was in excellence magazine though.

Jose is helping my dad right now with a frame off resto of his 64 POS convertable. It is all apart now, and they are trying to finish it in 2 weeks.

Where is the info? i wanna plan my next project!

I can give you Jose's number if you want. He is working on about 13 cars right now though.

Like I said before, I used to be there all the time as my dad had a 1991 C2 Turbo, and an 87 Carrera with a bunch of work done to it that was always there.

Isnt patrick the guy that also had a skyline project too? I dont know if it is the same guy.

The Silver 996TT looked awesome. I cant find pictures anymore. It was in excellence magazine though.

Jose is helping my dad right now with a frame off resto of his 64 POS convertable. It is all apart now, and they are trying to finish it in 2 weeks.

Patrick as in Patritti, the half french half vietnamese guy who did all the porsche body kits. Remember this...

Patritti-F1-Status-RA-L-1024x768.jpg

Guest skokos

Do you think this guy could build one of these GT1 replicas that would actually be worth while on a track,and if so how much do you think you would spend on a project like that?

Patrick as in Patritti, the half french half vietnamese guy who did all the porsche body kits. Remember this...

Patritti-F1-Status-RA-L-1024x768.jpg

There it is! I thought when I had seen it, it had the same kinesis wheels as the other replica though. I remember the intercoolers in the back side vents and being able to tough the turbos right next to the exhaust as seen in the pics. Old memories there.

I think he changed the front end as when I saw it, it looked more like a GT1. The new front end that is on his website looked horrible.

Do you think this guy could build one of these GT1 replicas that would actually be worth while on a track,and if so how much do you think you would spend on a project like that?

That car is a custom tube frame. Id be interested if it was built off a real 993 or 996, not some cobbled together frame of god knows what..

That car is a custom tube frame. Id be interested if it was built off a real 993 or 996, not some cobbled together frame of god knows what..

:iamwithstupid: x 10000! With big block power no less! :aiwebs_017:

• 1 month later...