Our S1 1121038 for sale

De993

For me, Gary's asking price is well above the logical value of the item, today.

He may find a buyer at the asking price, (as another person will inevitably decide the value of this item differently than me), and for Gary's future plans I hope that he does, but it won't be because supply and demand drove the sale, (I could finish this sentence but it will come across as rude to Gary and/or the future buyer, and I really am not trying to be so I will leave it at that).

so what do you think the car is worth today?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With respect to all here.

Owners and prospective buyers state values for obvious reasons.

The only way to determine value objectively is to go by recent sales of a like condition car. (not easy to do)

I know the price Gary & Dee are asking as well as what I think they will take for the car.

I think it's a good deal (bad economy excluded) for someone to get into a rare car.

If I had the money to buy and restore it to my standars I would have done so already.

Tony

Emilio,

I agree with Tony, that it is not too easy to establish the value of an S1. We all know, that one or two sales does not establish the market price. How many S1 cars, are sold each year ? I would guess it is not all that many - like the LP 400. With modern exotics, like the 2001 360 Spyder and a 6.0 with 20,000 miles, you have enough monthly car sales to determine true market price. How do you determine the market price, of a nice 400 GT Interim car ?

Just like any other car, for a sale to be finalized, the buyer and seller have to agree on the final selling price. Ebay is filled with sellers, that are still looking for The Summer of 2007 money, for their classic exotic.

Really Ralph. I'm not sure what you don't understand about that sentence.

John - relax.

I understood the sentence. I was looking for additional information. You already provided it ! Thanks.

Hi Emilio. Since I do not plan to try and purchase this car at the asking price, and by now I'm sure Gary would rather I STFU on the values discussion, so I will keep what I believe the value too be and why to myself.

John - relax.

I understood the sentence. I was looking for additional information. You already provided it ! Thanks.

Ralph - I took the way in which you asked as sarcasm. If I was wrong then I apologize.

Ralph - I took the way in which you asked as sarcasm. If I was wrong then I apologize.

John - :icon_thumleft:

I have no intention to be a smartass with anybody. If I came across that way, it was my mistake !

Time for a group hug :icon_pidu:

Cheers :icon_super:

I have no intention to be a smartass with anybody. If I came across that way, it was my mistake !

Sorry I was mistaken. I'm glad we had the chance to cleared it up. Take care.

Ralph, I was with two senior DEA agents as well as high level FBI agent today who more or less confirmed what John was saying, they're all stocking up on provisions, arms and ammunition! I'm meeting with them again tomorrow as well as a group of agents from ICE, I'll see what else I can glean from them.

Ralph, I was with two senior DEA agents as well as high level FBI agent today who more or less confirmed what John was saying, they're all stocking up on provisions, arms and ammunition! I'm meeting with them again tomorrow as well as a group of agents from ICE, I'll see what else I can glean from them.

Mike, you are scaring me :o

It leaves me feeling all warm inside, knowing that some of the federales, are going to grab the first lifeboats.

Thanks John :icon_thumleft:

Mike, you are scaring me :o

:iamwithstupid: Yeah man...what the fcuk!?!?! So all the government agencies are personally preparing for a post apocalyptic mad max style america?!?!!

:iamwithstupid: Yeah man...what the fcuk!?!?! So all the government agencies are personally preparing for a post apocalyptic mad max style america?!?!!

Damn I better pick up some more beer on the way home from work tonite.

good idea

we could trade our countach for 50 of them :shock: :lol2:

good idea

we could trade our countach for 50 of them :shock: :lol2:

:shock: ...and one of these - TRG 42 - 338 LM, with SuB ZF 5-25x56mm.

Nixulan_202006_20ammunnat_15.jpg

Don't forget the tinfoil hats...

tinfoil_cat.jpg

:shock: ...and one of these - TRG 42 - 338 LM, with SuB ZF 5-25x56mm.

I said BEER not DEER. Ha Ha Ha

You guys are starting to scare me a bit. Maybe I'll get two cases :drunk:

Dee,

Hung out with Gary most of the day by our cars in Monterey. Maybe I will buy it and add it to my collection:) PM me the info.

IMG_01188.jpg

Dee,

Hung out with Gary most of the day by our cars in Monterey. Maybe I will buy it and add it to my collection:) PM me the info.

you should :icon_thumleft:

it is a good buy IMO

you should :icon_thumleft:

it is a good buy IMO

:iamwithstupid:

L produced few Countach autos, in 1978 and 1979.

Dee,

:icon_thumleft: Then I'll finally get to see it.

Dee,

Ha! Thats Gary! The only one with the doors locked. :icon_mrgreen:

post_14389_1233759435_thumb.jpg

Don't forget the all wheel drive Duece

I was certified to drive one of those, in the Army Guard.

I was certified to drive one of those, in the Army Guard.

OK Rambo Ralph, swing by my house when all hell break loose I've got the Beer. :D

Sorry to keep highjacking the thread just can not help myself

OK Rambo Ralph, swing by my house when all hell break loose I've got the Beer. :D

Sorry to keep highjacking the thread just can not help myself

Vik, as long as you have beer in glass bottles.