Filling up with gas in a Diablo

azlambo

All of the Diablo guys I know have a hell of a time filling up with gas.

None of us can get even get to the first click on the nozzle, so we have to hold the trigger to "barely on".

It takes FOREVER.........and sometimes gas starts spilling out, even before it's full.

We've tried the "9 O'Clock" position, the "12 O'Clock position (upside down nozzle), as well as various other positions

with the gas nozzle. (no perverted jokes please :-)) :eusa_naughty:

Anyway, what is the secret????? :eusa_think:

I had this problem with my viper, but it seemed to be only with certain gas stations. The solution is probably a combination of going a little slow and trying like a 730 position

Sometimes its near impossible to fill the car while other times its a breeze. Yesterday I put 22 gallons in the car without having to reset the pump once, I had no idea the tank could fit that much fuel.

Yes, I find it varies from station to station. As far as the pic goes, since it's a replica, I assume the position has nothing to do with the difficulty in filling up.

Yes, I find it varies from station to station. As far as the pic goes, since it's a replica, I assume the position has nothing to do with the difficulty in filling up.

Its not a replica, its an affolter abortion.

Jeff,

I went and got fuel after you left today. I put the nozzle in the 9 oclock position and only stuck it in about 1 inch past the little restrictor flap. Filled it at full speed :)

Jeff,

I went and got fuel after you left today. I put the nozzle in the 9 oclock position and only stuck it in about 1 inch past the little restrictor flap. Filled it at full speed :)

so, dont stick it in all the way and you should be fine. :icon_mrgreen:

Some pumps are impossible to use, they reset the second you press the handle, no matter how carefull you are. It's always nice when people gather around, and you look like some idiot that don't know how to fuel up a car :icon_mrgreen:

Some pumps are impossible to use, they reset the second you press the handle, no matter how carefull you are. It's always nice when people gather around, and you look like some idiot that don't know how to fuel up a car :icon_mrgreen:

As it was explained to me the bend in the filler neck of the line has an angle such that it backs up on the pump quickly, i.e. too sharp of an angle. The only true repair is to take the bend out with an altered "neck" and is more pricey than one would want to spend for such a minor inconvenience

Jeff,

No kidding? I think I tried that and fuel started gushing back at me! Anyway, I pushed in the restrictor flap with a screwdriver and looked into the fuel

tube with a flashlight. It seems as if approx. 3 or 4 inches past the restrictor plate, the filler neck drops down very sharply.

post-6577-1236569102_thumb.jpg

No kidding? I think I tried that and fuel started gushing back at me! Anyway, I pushed in the restrictor flap with a screwdriver and looked into the fuel

tube with a flashlight. It seems as if approx. 3 or 4 inches past the restrictor plate, the filler neck drops down very sharply.

The attached diagram is wrong.....I will correct it.

That's why it worked only putting in the nozzle a inch or two. If you push the nozzle all the way in fuel probably hits that part that you list as "blocked off here" and gets backed up quickly. You have to hold the pump with two hands centered in the opening 9 0clock and only a inch or two in.

Dear Lamborghinisit,

Yep....it's like dat !

It really does take that long.

I hold the pump at the standard position and slightly out. The key is pull the handle on the pump and back it off to near the slowest position. You can fill it all the way up with the pump clicking off with a minor amount of fuel going down the spill tube...not the paintwork.

.....just don't trust the gauge. I reset the trip meter and go by mileage.

BTW, my fuel light comes on at 7 gallons...not 5 like the standard reserve.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice !

• 2 weeks later...

Another thing i noticed is that it's much harder to fill when it's very low on gas. After about 4 or 5 gallons i can fill up a little quicker. Also as mentioned above it depends on the pump. There is one pump at a local gas station that i can fill up without a problem. But it's only that particular pump (or nozzle), because when i do use another at that same station it back to click, click,....

I must say this is probably one of the most annoying things about my car. Usually it takes me 10-15 minutes to fill up my car with the pump clicking off every few seconds. I have to get it at just the right pressure, just the right angle, etc. A couple of weeks ago I was filling up and it seemed to be filling up great, full pressure and everything. I was so excited! Right up to the point where it continued filling up after it was full, spilling out and ruining my favorite pair of jeans :rant:

It was even worse in California. I don't know how you guys do it. I was only there for 2 weeks and I was going insane trying to get gas in my car!

I have the same problem with my car. Oftentimes it helps to pull the nozzle out a little bit...although that insight is probably of zero value as I don't have a Diablo. :-)

- Robert

I have no idea why, but lately my car has been behaving like a normal car at the gas pump, I can even walk away while pumping... :lol2:

I have no idea why, but lately my car has been behaving like a normal car at the gas pump, I can even walk away while pumping... :lol2:

:lol2: To go get some cigs? or i mean to get some paper towel to wipe off the gas that poured out from the nozzle all over you car?

:lol2: To go get some cigs? or i mean to get some paper towel to wipe off the gas that poured out from the nozzle all over you car?

no, to satisfy squirting teenage hotties.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

see thats what i hate about all replicas. most of the average people will say that they cant tell the difference. so they call real lambos replicas. im not saying you. but the people who have not own a lambo before or is not car lambo fanatic.