G vs 430

murclovr

Ok, as I see it, this is the best auto forum, but we still are mostly auto enthusiasts, not blind like some other marque-fans...so Im curious..whod pick the F430, and whod pick the G? As I see it both are good..but for me..Id take a G to be different....to have more tuning potential...and bc I hate the arrogance of the Fcar dealers....And the looks for me are a tossup...the interior goes to the F car though...You guys?

I'm with you murclovr. However, not the entire 430 interior. Maybe just the steering wheel :mrgreen:

The G. Because it's a Lambo (yes I'm "blind like some other marque-fans" :finga: )

Seriously, as said many times here, drive both cars and choose the one you like the most (the G of course :lol: )

430:ugly+doesn t look like a Ferrari:Reason enough to never get one.

Haven't seen it yet in person -- BUT -- the F430 looks like a warmed over F360. Gallardo is much more striking and advant gard; but, I guess I'm biased. I concur on the Ferrari store attitude. :)

I also think 360 was better looking

Gallardo all the way.

That F-430 is fcuking disgusting to look at overall. I like the 360s orginal design.

I think gallardo engine is a better type to use daily...now if they just get rid of the center unit...and make the seats last...perfect!

Gallardo ALL the way.

I don't care for the body of the 430 - the 360 was much better looking. Also remember the 430 is the updated 360 - Ferrari's answer to the Gallardo. Let's wait and see Lamborghini's answer to the 430. ( Hopefully a 600HP answer :mrgreen: )

-James Miller

Gallardo definitely. The 430 just doesn't appeal to me in the way a Ferrari should.

Anyway... the G has 500bhp... FIVE HUNDRED. Much better than saying 493 or something daft...

Gallardo definitely. The 430 just doesn't appeal to me in the way a Ferrari should.

Anyway... the G has 500bhp... FIVE HUNDRED. Much better than saying 493 or something daft...

It still bemuses me that a brand new Lambo only has 30hp more than one made 20 years ago.

After the markup on the 430 its pretty much in Murci range instead of gallardo. Sad ! :roll:

The market is what it is. If most want a 430 they'll have to pay up.

The good news for those who want a G or a Murcie is that they don't have too.

taoist, its an entry level model...comparing apples to apples, the Murci has 580 vs something in the low 400s for a countach 20 years ago...The jalpa which would compare would have had what, 255 or so? I think the progress is fine;)

taoist, its an entry level model...comparing apples to apples, the Murci has 580 vs something in the low 400s for a countach 20 years ago...The jalpa which would compare would have had what, 255 or so? I think the progress is fine;)

Fair point.

It still bemuses me that a brand new Lambo only has 30hp more than one made 20 years ago.

That is not true. OLD LAMBOS, as well as old FERRARIs back in the day had HIGHLY OPTIMISTIC power numbers. I would say a 4 valve Countach Qv is really pumping out on the order of 375hp.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the 430 and everything, and the gallardo... but I prefer the 360 CS over both, the sound, the look, everything. but between the 430 and the gallardo, its a toss up... 500hp is good, awd is fun, but rwd is far more fun, and I like the 430s interior, and if its close enough to a 360 inside, I would fit better than in the gallardo! I guess its a toss up, I might consider the 430 more :partyman:

Even if the 430 were less expensive than the Gallardo, I'd still take the Gallardo.

I just can't stand the "gorilla nosed" F430 with those hideous nostrils. The rest of the car is no picnic either, it's too tall for an exotic (I prefer them to be low slung wedges) and the mismatched mix of hard angles with prominent curves throughout the rest of the body makes it look as if it was designed by comittee.

I give points to the 430's interior, which looks great, and its engine which seems up to the job for sure, but at the end of the day the majority of the reason "why" I would own either is because it has to move me emotionally both when I look at it, and when I drive it. The 430 only fulfills one of those requirements while the Gallardo fulfills both.

Do you guys think the 430 will sell more compared to the G? In my opinion, people who purchase Ferrari, only purchase it for the name. I don't think they're true power enthusiasts.

I hope I don't get flamed for this...