Lp560 Dyno... Slowpoke will cry

Allan-Herbie

Thanks, since Allan knows i'm sometimes late at posting, once I txt him from the track, he'll post the #'s before i get home haha I think the launch control will bog at the track, we'll see what kind of 60' it'll get :)

Looking forward to it man. You need to get a rematch with that ACR.. :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more time, Im sorry, Im not goot at vbox numbers. what does that pure stock number mean? 491-497hp? What is that really? Is there a calculation I should memorize to translate those numbers? Like from a "magazine perspective". what is the "true" hp the stock lp-560. If the factory says 560cavallinos or 552 US Horses, what is the actual hp in THOSE terms? 580, 590, 600hp?? what?

I'd feel like an idiot telling someone it ONLY has 490 horsepower (in laymans terms I know that's not the number to use) What is the equivalent to what non-mechanic guys like me can understand?

One more time, Im sorry, Im not goot at vbox numbers. what does that pure stock number mean? 491-497hp? What is that really? Is there a calculation I should memorize to translate those numbers? Like from a "magazine perspective". what is the "true" hp the stock lp-560. If the factory says 560cavallinos or 552 US Horses, what is the actual hp in THOSE terms? 580, 590, 600hp?? what?

I'd feel like an idiot telling someone it ONLY has 490 horsepower (in laymans terms I know that's not the number to use) What is the equivalent to what non-mechanic guys like me can understand?

A rough estimate without using factual drivetrain loss percentages which very from car to car would be to take 490rwhp number/divided by .80 for a 20% drivetrain loss=612.50 crank hp. Which would be a little less if it went back to AWD more like 600 crank.

A rough estimate without using factual drivetrain loss percentages which very from car to car would be to take 490rwhp number/divided by .80 for a 20% drivetrain loss=612.50 crank hp. Which would be a little less if it went back to AWD more like 600 crank.

Thanks man! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks man! :icon_thumleft:

Anytime!

You help me with the RE/Financials. I gotta help out on the car stuff right. :icon_thumleft:

the 491-497 doesnt have to do with the VBOX. the VBOX is a GPS timing unit used to time acceleration, velocity and displacement. some of the vbox owners can definitely fill you in on what it can/cant do.

as for rwhp and crank hp...

well since we know what power an 04 G and Supeleggera make (493 and 522 hp respecitively at the flywheel) and since they dynoed 410 and 435 on the same dyno in rwd mode, we can estimate that they both have 17% loss in rwd mode. given the same loss for the LP560, at 503 rwhp on the same dyno as the other two, it means it is making 606 hp at the crank. which is equal to about 615 PS (metric horsepower) therefore the car should be rightfully named the LP615 :icon_mrgreen:

drivetrain losses wont be 17% for all cars, and it wont be 17% when the car is setup in AWD mode.

• 2 weeks later...
How about 0-100mph in 7.3 sec...... WITH 2 People in the car... on a 90 degree day....

Along with 0-60 in 3.3, 60-130=7.8, and one bogged launch 1/4 mile @ 11.9@129

What are projected 0-100 and 60-130 mph times with no passenger in 70 degree weather (or what do you think it's capable of in current form)?

"well since we know what power an 04 G and Supeleggera make (493 and 522 hp respecitively at the flywheel) and since they dynoed 410 and 435 on the same dyno in rwd mode"

Ive posted my AWD Gallardo results at 410...not RWD, rwd would have been more.....id like to see the LP-560 AWD dyno results with rpm/tqe..the MPH do nothing...and can be easily manipulated...but of course a lot of dyno results can be!

So why do the manufacturers "down-rate" their hp numbers so much. I can understand from a marketing/"lesser model" marque standpoint but 50-70hp??!!! What's the motivation? Was it an accident? Can we assume the early LP560s are churning out more than the maybe the new "orderable from factory" ones?? I wanna know, Im seriously looking at getting one and to me 600+ hp is good enough for me without modding it.

Of course a TT is always an interesting idea... :icon_thumleft:

So why do the manufacturers "down-rate" their hp numbers so much. I can understand from a marketing/"lesser model" marque standpoint but 50-70hp??!!! What's the motivation? Was it an accident? Can we assume the early LP560s are churning out more than the maybe the new "orderable from factory" ones?? I wanna know, Im seriously looking at getting one and to me 600+ hp is good enough for me without modding it.

Of course a TT is always an interesting idea... :icon_thumleft:

If you think about it from a Marketing perspective, their thought process probably goes somewhere along the lines of "Why would someone pay $300,000-$380,000 for the LP640 at 631hp when they can buy an LP560 at 600hp for $100,000-$180,000 less.

If you think about it from a Marketing perspective, their thought process probably goes somewhere along the lines of "Why would someone pay $300,000-$380,000 for the LP640 at 631hp when they can buy an LP560 at 600hp for $100,000-$180,000 less.

Of course... so AGAIN I ask, Why bump your car up to 600hp when the reast of the world was satisfied with 560??????? It got bought before anyone knew this. Apparently this is a surprise to all of us to see the LP560 Dynoing at 600+hp, right?

Was it an accident, "buyer's bonus"???? What??? im fine with the 600hp (of course) by why put it there?

And is this only an early '09 LP560 phenomenon or is this just the way it is now. If so, I just dont understand. Tune the car to 560, no???

Of course... so AGAIN I ask, Why bump your car up to 600hp when the reast of the world was satisfied with 560??????? It got bought before anyone knew this. Apparently this is a surprise to all of us to see the LP560 Dynoing at 600+hp, right?

Was it an accident, "buyer's bonus"???? What??? im fine with the 600hp (of course) by why put it there?

And is this only an early '09 LP560 phenomenon or is this just the way it is now. If so, I just dont understand. Tune the car to 560, no???

It was no accident. For the reasons I mentioned above and I am sure it was to ensure they have the Scuderia beat for quite a while until Ferrari comes up with something new (which they have something in the works now). It is faster, handles better, looks better, and seems to be more comfortable (I dont know as I have never driven a Scuderia).

Then if you think about it, when they come out with the LP-560 Superleggera after they come out with the new Murcielago replacement, they can say it is 600hp-630hp with only a change of some minor engine modifications, make it a little lighter, and voila you have the new Superleggera.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
just ecu?

must be crank hp

It is, the red is without and the blue and pink are with. I think the stock plot was used as a baseline to approximately set the transmission loss ratio to give factory-quoted crank hp from the recorded whp.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got some questions regarding the dyno results in this thread.

When I put my LP560 on the AWD-dyno at my Lambo dealer's performance center some weeks ago, it put out 372HP at the wheels and 552HP for the engine.

I thought this wasn't a good result at all, but when they took another 560 from the showroom for a spin on the dyno to show me that my car is running fine, the other car showed even lower numbers than mine.

They've only made one full throttle pull at all. All other pulls have been accelerated very gently. The told me that the WHP numbers are no realistic values due to the slipping of the wheels. I'm not quiet satisfied with the power of the car, so I hope somebody is able to give me some hints about the hugh difference from my results to the ones, which have been posted to this topic.

Sonny