can a Gallardo be turbo'd for $20k (bolt on)

Steve K

Just curious, for a street application, 650-700 rwhp on pump gas would be perfect.

From what im learning, the motor doesn't have to be built for this kind of power.

how much does Doug Levin charge for his bolt on package ?

does jason offer one ? $ ?

also, UGR ?

thanks

this should be moved to the tt gallardo section. you should also also just call the companies and ask them so they can put a package that would fit your needs since they build it to what you want

The answer to your question, unfortunately, is NO. Regarding how much the kits are, I suggest you make a phone call to the tuners and find out. Good luck.

I agree with Kisco. Call the tuners and see what they offer. For the bolt in kit especially the tune will be crucial. I suggest board sponsor Heffner to call first as he is a well known and highly respected tuner. On the right of this webpage us a link and phone number for his business.

I'd be shocked if DLM's bolt-on kit is more than $25k. If it is, it's not a very good value for what's actually being done to the car.

Heffner is very out front on their kit's cost and they don't fear people knowing it. It is what it is.

Maybe it's time for Doug to do the same: Lets hear about his kit, what it costs, and what exactly you get for the money. No way Fadi would play guinea pig, the kit is done and is at 100% of whatever it's going to be.

Originally my TT G had engine work done and the HP #'s at first were similar to what you want with just bolt ons........

So I'd guess no, but dont really have the technical expertise behind it to really say, just what had happened.

GL.

Ben

Maybe it's time for Doug to do the same: Lets hear about his kit, what it costs, and what exactly you get for the money. No way Fadi would play guinea pig, the kit is done and is at 100% of whatever it's going to be.

:iamwithstupid:

Just curious, for a street application, 650-700 rwhp on pump gas would be perfect.

From what im learning, the motor doesn't have to be built for this kind of power.

how much does Doug Levin charge for his bolt on package ?

does jason offer one ? $ ?

also, UGR ?

thanks

I dont know about 700rwhp on 91-93 pump maybe 600-650rwhp. That is still a 200-250rwhp improvement over stock.

I'd be shocked if DLM's bolt-on kit is more than $25k. If it is, it's not a very good value for what's actually being done to the car.

Heffner is very out front on their kit's cost and they don't fear people knowing it. It is what it is.

Let's say for the sake of argument the DLM kit is 30k--why would you say that's not a good value compared to Jason's bolt-on setup?

Mako, I will tell you that the kit I paid for is more than 25K.

Not a very good value? I think you are forgetting what DLM GTTs are capable off. Remember, this is the same car that was running head to head with a 1000 rwhp UGR car, and was about 3 cars behind Allan's 1000+ rwhp car at 170 mph. If anything, the cost of his kit and what you get is THE best bang for the buck.

I am not the guinea pig. But I do believe that Yellow DLM car that we have seen running around is. Based on that car's performance, Doug's professionalism when we met, and the price of the kit is what sold me. Of course, this is not to say that Heffner is not a professional. I am sure he is a great tuner in all aspects as well.. :icon_thumleft:

Not a very good value? I think you are forgetting what DLM GTTs are capable off. Remember, this is the same car that was running head to head with a 1000 rwhp UGR car, and was about 3 cars behind Allan's 1000+ rwhp car at 170 mph. If anything, the cost of his kit and what you get is THE best bang for the buck.

I am not the guinea pig. But I do believe that Yellow DLM car that we have seen running around is. Based on that car's performance, Doug's professionalism when we met, and the price of the kit is what sold me. Of course, this is not to say that Heffner is not a professional. I am sure he is a great tuner in all aspects as well.. :icon_thumleft:

From what he was telling me today, he said he has 2 bolt on setups. One for 5-6 lbs of boost, and one that goes a little higher if the owner wants to with bigger injectors, higher output fuel rails, and a couple of other gadgets for higher boost. Basically a built motor turbo kit I presume on a non-built engine (which Kisco will change in time :icon_mrgreen: ). Kisco has the better of the 2.

Nice, and let me be clear so my comments aren't taken as a dig: I'm hoping the DLM kit is fantastic, we need a low-cost option so badly for G-cars it's ridiculous. Especially with early 04 cars below $100k, the option has never looked better.

What I mean when I say the value aspect is questionable are basically the concerns that Allan has presented about this (or any) bolt on kit. You're basically trading cost for potential reliability issues. The performance is absolutely there, no one can question that after the DLM car even in losing basically humiliated the UGR car by making it such a close race.

I'd hope that no bolt-on kit would be over $20-25k, because if we really break down the parts that are going into the car that is far too much margin for the tuner. This is not an attack on Doug, he knows the parts, he knows the numbers. But if we're looking at a $30-35k kit from DLM then that's really pressing the limit in my opinion for what you're getting because we DO know that stock G-car internals have given way without any additonal power, let alone this level of boost.

I'd like to ultimately see the kit come in at $20-$25k, but I'm not a tuner. Doug, or Doug's reps, will probably be able to explain why it costs a premium and where exactly the money goes to the point where I agree.

Not for nothing... But Ill put money that if you went from a roll my car will kill the DLM car... We are discussing my car as if it were running at 1000rwhp @ the event when it was not.. it was runnin in the 850-900rwhp level, basicly @ the cars LOWEST level of performance while comparing to the DLM car running @ a boost level even Doug doesnt recomend.My car was also running race fuel on the pump gas setting which more than likely HURT the performance abit. Jason babied my car off the line and remember that my car has a progressive boost control. From a roll we can bypass the boost control and run full boost.. So basicly even though my car makes more peak power, during the initial run it could actually be making less power than the DLM car due to the lowered boost settings until speeds of over 100mph when the controller allows full boost.

Inmo, and dont shoot me as I respect Kisco and also DLM but I would NEVER pay over 25K for a bolt on kit. I would of waited and done the real deal, whether it was done by DLM or Heffner.

Nice, and let me be clear so my comments aren't taken as a dig: I'm hoping the DLM kit is fantastic, we need a low-cost option so badly for G-cars it's ridiculous. Especially with early 04 cars below $100k, the option has never looked better.

What I mean when I say the value aspect is questionable are basically the concerns that Allan has presented about this (or any) bolt on kit. You're basically trading cost for potential reliability issues. The performance is absolutely there, no one can question that after the DLM car even in losing basically humiliated the UGR car by making it such a close race.

I'd hope that no bolt-on kit would be over $20-25k, because if we really break down the parts that are going into the car that is far too much margin for the tuner. This is not an attack on Doug, he knows the parts, he knows the numbers. But if we're looking at a $30-35k kit from DLM then that's really pressing the limit in my opinion for what you're getting because we DO know that stock G-car internals have given way without any additonal power, let alone this level of boost.

I'd like to ultimately see the kit come in at $20-$25k, but I'm not a tuner. Doug, or Doug's reps, will probably be able to explain why it costs a premium and where exactly the money goes to the point where I agree.

:iamwithstupid:

Spill the beans Kisco! How much is this kit?! What kind of warranty does it come with (if any?) We want some details!

From what he was telling me today, he said he has 2 bolt on setups. One for 5-6 lbs of boost, and one that goes a little higher if the owner wants to with bigger injectors, higher output fuel rails, and a couple of other gadgets for higher boost. Basically a built motor turbo kit I presume on a non-built engine (which Kisco will change in time :icon_mrgreen: ). Kisco has the better of the 2.

Exactly. I am not goinng to get into pricing because I don't feel that is my place to do so. If Doug wants to chime in, he will. But I will tell you that the "better" of the two kits is more than 25K, which is the one I purchased.. :icon_mrgreen: It also is not simply a bolt on Turbo kit. I mean, it is, but it is mostly custom built, too, which is why it is taking a lot longer than expected.

Allan, you keep on speaking of the DLM car as if it just a ticking time bomb. What you keep on forgetting is that Rolands car has been progressively upping the boost from day 1 and look at the car today, not a hiccup after a year of running it hard. How do you explain that? And remember, my car wont be as fast as his. Like I told you before, tuning is 90% of the game.

Allan, I am sure your car is a lot faster, and I know that it is. I was just making the point about value which Mako was speaking off. Given the fact that you were making 850-900 rwhp and that the DLM car was running as close as it did, that is outstanding and is more value than you can ever ask for. Sure, I wont be able to run that much power at ALL times like you can, but why in the world would I want to, anyway? The fastest cars around here are H/C/Bolt on Plastic mess-06's, and, like I said before, I am just out to have fun.

I guess only time will tell. Believe me, I will keep you ALL updated on the car, and if anything were to ever go wrong, you will all know. I will not hide it.

Spill the beans Kisco! How much is this kit?! What kind of warranty does it come with (if any?) We want some details!

Kenny, out of repsect for Doug, I won't get into details. I will direct this thread his way and if he feels like doing so, he will.

No, wait, I won't direct this thread his way. He needs to be finishing my car, and not disputing online with you fools..:lol2:

Exactly. I am not goinng to get into pricing because I don't feel that is my place to do so. If Doug wants to chime in, he will. But I will tell you that the "better" of the two kits is more than 25K, which is the one I purchased.. :icon_mrgreen: It also is not simply a bolt on Turbo kit. I mean, it is, but it is mostly custom built, too, which is why it is taking a lot longer than expected.

Allan, you keep on speaking of the DLM car as if it just a ticking time bomb. What you keep on forgetting is that Rolands car has been progressively upping the boost from day 1 and look at the car today, not a hiccup after a year of running it hard. How do you explain that? And remember, my car wont be as fast as his. Like I told you before, tuning is 90% of the game.

Allan, I am sure your car is a lot faster, and I know that it is. I was just making the point about value which Mako was speaking off. Given the fact that you were making 850-900 rwhp and that the DLM car was running as close as it did, that is outstanding and is more value than you can ever ask for. Sure, I wont be able to run that much power at ALL times like you can, but why in the world would I want to, anyway? The fastest cars around here are H/C/Bolt on Plastic mess-06's, and, like I said before, I am just out to have fun.

I guess only time will tell. Believe me, I will keep you ALL updated on the car, and if anything were to ever go wrong, you will all know. I will not hide it.

As I said.. I am merely stating as to what I would do...

And at lower levels of boost and power I hope the car will be ok... however as I said before there have been many documented failures from STOCK cars breaking rods, let alone ones with boost applied. I learned long ago when you tune a car, just do it right the first time.. Otherwise it ends up costing alot more in the long run.

In your case... I hope the cars is just fine, as Im sure it will be.