G55 AMG Kompressor

Guest skokos

Guest skokos
Didnt Tupps just get the G63 not to long ago. Im with you Rob, I love these things, especially in white since you NEVER see white....

Saw A burgundy/maroon one on the freeway today and rolled down the window. The exhaust noise on these things are just MEAN!

BIG money back on AMG stuff right now. You can rip a new one I am sure. I will keep my eyes peeled Rob, if I see anything I will point you in that direction.

Would definitely appreciate that! 05+ is great for me! I think Mercedes dealers are smoking crack trying to get full sales price on any of there cars right now. Plus I dont think any car depreciates quicker then a new mercedes. Although the G's seem to hold there value pretty damn well

Second thought, how about a G500 and you add the wheels and do a badge delete?

The cheap skate in me says yes,but the race car driver in me is saying I gotta have the supercharged V8!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second thought, how about a G500 and you add the wheels and do a badge delete?

Don't listen to him Rob, go for a G55 you won't be sorry!

Yeah...last thing you want to do is save a few G's and then be pissed everytime you go to get on the highway and the power isnt there! I think your son will appreciate that most!

my mom just got the 09 550 and it is pretty quick, it does waste tons of gas but if you are driving this thing it doesnt matter. i think this car is a hell of a lot better than my range rover sport and the best thing is that this car does well off road. pull the trigger and get one !

• 4 months later...

i really dont like the stock one so much, but pretty much anyone with slight after market parts and tuned i love a lot, idk why i just think they need a little touching up

Dude..those things are fast! i was driving on the freeway and this came up next to me in one and just floored it....he took off and i was just laughing cause here I am in my lambo cruising about 80 and this guy blows by me in the jeep/suv/box looking thing and it sounded crazy!

:):)

Guest skokos

I have been to the dealer twice in the last few months and have test drove a G55 on each visit. I find the "rough" ride that most describe as actually quite enjoyable..it makes me feel like this very tall,heavy suv is very planted and drives more like a sports car then a 6000 lbs brick. Also the motor is just silly fun,love the growl and noise when I stomped on the gas. Brakes were pretty strong to for such a heavy car. As others have mentioned the interior could use some more extras but I do like the "tough" feel of the whole package. Kind of felt like a urban rambo driving around...it is definetly a future vehicle for me.

How well do these hold their value? I never see any for sale with lower miles. Usually they have a ton of miles and are in the $50K. Is this a car that will be worth $50K with 20 miles or 20000 miles, or is it more proportional?

I think they look good in RED

post-6049-1258273678_thumb.jpg

:icon_mrgreen:

LMAO, I used to love Postman Pat when I was a kid. I didn't know he drove a G-wagen :D

Rob, I went for a ride in one of these a couple weeks ago in Nashville. My buddy has a black on black 2008 truck. It was fawking hot! That is a damn fast truck for weighing that much. I was amazed. Thing drove like a champ too. Now get busy and go get one!!!

Damn, I was waiting for it to plow though the Civic or something.

It distorts your perception seeing a vehicle that looks like that move so quickly.

Guest skokos

On it ;) just looking for the right truck. 2005-2009 if anyone comes across any sweet deals please post them in here! The G55 market seems like a pretty tight one. I never see more then 2 or 3 on ebay and even less at the dealers. One of the dealers here has a 2009 for 10k off msrp so its 110k. But I don't want to eat the first year depreciation and would much rather get something a year or two old that has barely been broken in

Rob, I went for a ride in one of these a couple weeks ago in Nashville. My buddy has a black on black 2008 truck. It was fawking hot! That is a damn fast truck for weighing that much. I was amazed. Thing drove like a champ too. Now get busy and go get one!!!

2007.5 and later is what you need if you want the new gauges, command and back up camera and xenons. Early 07 had xenons and updated command but old dash and no reverse cam. The 05,06 command system is a cd based POS. If you want white on white, I haven't seen any in the US for sale used ever. The 09 wheels are hot but I agree the price is still very high.

Guest skokos

Awesome info to know! What year was it they jumped the horsepower from 476 too 500??

Dont believe they do. Even with the Designo edition or whatever thats not an option. Pretty boring interior choices but still sick car!

Dont believe they do. Even with the Designo edition or whatever thats not an option. Pretty boring interior choices but still sick car!

I believe you and I Kev have gone down this road extensively searching for a white G55 and came up with a very small amount of white/black cars and thats it!!! Not an easy search!