Putting my DLM GTT on the dyno...

Kisco

Allan, pay for my race gas to OH and back and I will go race the modded SLR and get it on video just for you..:lol2:

Les, what is that SLR making for power? I know that GTR is making 700 awhp

I think 600/600 this is another customer's SLR with the same package (pulley, ecu, cooling, intake) as the car I'm referring to:

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allan, remember that my dyno was in pretty warm weather, no fans, and a bag of ice on the IC for about 10 mins only. Also, like I said, I ran the car 2x instead of once because I made the mistake of having the car on pump tune the first pull. The point I am trying to make is that don't look into these dyno numbers too much as I can almost guarantee that the car would have put a good amount more in cool, 60* air, on the first pull, with fans. But given that I don't care too much about dyno numbers, I don't care to re dyno in optimal conditions. I race cars, not dyno numbers.

Regarding the SLR, find me a stock one with a 200 mile radius of me and lets do this.. :icon_mrgreen:

Honestly, Doug's TTM pulled maybe 3-4 cars on a 650rwhp FGT when he was heat soaked on low boost at the first airport event when his car was heatsoaked to death (but so was the FGT to be fair). I was in Dougs car right before that run on the same boost, and Fadi's car felt significantly faster, but it was relatively fresh when I was beating on it. Doug's car on high boost and on a cold start vs. the FGT would have been interesting to watch. I would assume it should be as fast as the one Allan ran. A bolt on FGT beat BMWRACERS car, but we know that was in the quarter mile, and not a roll, and Dad was still getting used to his car.

That is one race I would REALLY look forward to. ZR1 is lighter by a significant amount (500-650lbs) and has more power and torque than the SLR. Even with the mods Allan had, I dont think he broke 600rwhp. The SLR is much easier to drive so you see much more consistant numbers across the board for the SLR than the Z IMO, but there have been several 130MPH passes from different drivers and different places in a stock ZR1. A good driver in a good running (with a driver who knows what he is doing) ZR1 should pull the SLR from a roll IMO. Allan will disagree now but unless the SLR defies physics, I dont see how it can beat it, and until I see a video of the 2, or Fadi's car vs. a Stock SLR, i will keep that opinion.

Allan, remember that my dyno was in pretty warm weather, no fans, and a bag of ice on the IC for about 10 mins only. Also, like I said, I ran the car 2x instead of once because I made the mistake of having the car on pump tune the first pull. The point I am trying to make is that don't look into these dyno numbers too much as I can almost guarantee that the car would have put a good amount more in cool, 60* air, on the first pull, with fans. But given that I don't care too much about dyno numbers, I don't care to re dyno in optimal conditions. I race cars, not dyno numbers.

Regarding the SLR, find me a stock one with a 200 mile radius of me and lets do this.. :icon_mrgreen:

Kisco.. you are acting as if every other car dynoed was done in perfect conditions... my gtt was dynoed in the heat and humidity of florida.. my slr dynoed in the summer in cali....

the numbers are what they are.. there isn't that much magic to it... to make 760rwhp my car was @ 11psi... so you are right in that range.. maybe on a cool day you get 20/30 more rwhp with ice and good air flow.. There is no magic fairy dust that will make you gain 100's of hp without raising the boost..

be happy with your car... leave it like it is. you said yourself that u think a zr1 is superfast and u beat it no problem... You have a fast car... and its a Lambo...

I think 600/600 this is another customer's SLR with the same package (pulley, ecu, cooling, intake) as the car I'm referring to:

Nice, Les.

It is not looking too good for me to come down this week. But, how about we just wait until your car is done, and then we can ALL (SLR, GT2, GTR, GTT, SPI 997) meet half way?? I definitely want to get some runs in with these cars, but I just don't feel like driving 250 miles to do it. Let me know your thoughts.

Kisco.. you are acting as if every other car dynoed was done in perfect conditions... my gtt was dynoed in the heat and humidity of florida.. my slr dynoed in the summer in cali....

the numbers are what they are.. there isn't that much magic to it... to make 760rwhp my car was @ 11psi... so you are right in that range.. maybe on a cool day you get 20/30 more rwhp with ice and good air flow.. There is no magic fairy dust that will make you gain 100's of hp without raising the boost..

be happy with your car... leave it like it is. you said yourself that u think a zr1 is superfast and u beat it no problem... You have a fast car... and its a Lambo...

I am very happy with the car. I agree with everything you said. My car is staying the way it is until the motor gets built.

Yes,. the ZR1 is fast, faster than an SLR.. :icon_fU: Just imagine how much more I would have pulled on the 'slower than a ZR1' SLR.. :icon_mrgreen:

Allan will disagree now but unless the SLR defies physics, I dont see how it can beat it, and until I see a video of the 2, or Fadi's car vs. a Stock SLR, i will keep that opinion.

:iamwithstupid: :icon_mrgreen:

:iamwithstupid: :icon_mrgreen:

Heck even run a modded one for fun. It would be interesting to find out how they stack up. Say a 60-160-right in the SLR's powerband, and 100-200-right in your powerband. Best of 2.

I have not ridden in/nor driven a modded SLR, but 5th-6th gear on Fadis is as I have said before, is STUPID fast just as I am sure Allan's was when his car was 760rwhp. He has owned both though, so I dont know. Maybe the SLR has some of that magic pixy dust he was talking about earlier. :icon_mrgreen:

How far is Aram's 722 from Michigan?

Heck even run a modded one for fun. It would be interesting to find out how they stack up. Say a 60-160-right in the SLR's powerband, and 100-200-right in your powerband. Best of 2.

I have not ridden in/nor driven a modded SLR, but 5th-6th gear on Fadis is as I have said before, is STUPID fast just as I am sure Allan's was when his car was 760rwhp. He has owned both though, so I dont know. Maybe the SLR has some of that magic pixy dust he was talking about earlier. :icon_mrgreen:

I would love to run the modded SLR, too.

Les, when can all of this go down? And where can we do it? We can get an awesome group of cars and have lots of fun. Let me know.

Nice, Les.

It is not looking too good for me to come down this week. But, how about we just wait until your car is done, and then we can ALL (SLR, GT2, GTR, GTT, SPI 997) meet half way?? I definitely want to get some runs in with these cars, but I just don't feel like driving 250 miles to do it. Let me know your thoughts.

Fadi -

No worries bro. I was just offering you a stay at my new house to get a way, get a chance to visit SPI/get race gas etc., meet the cool guys here, and of course this offer is always on the table when ever you want. Another advantage is we can use Norwalk dragway (SPI is 20 minutes east of the track) when you come. If you have never been, we rent the track for the day and invite high end cars and prep the track properly and roll! Its a fun day. I know for sure we will do this when my ride is done!!

In terms of organizing this soon...this weekend is bad, as a matter of fact the next 4 weekends are bad for me (work travel). Lets just see ofline when a nice weekend we can meet and where...if you come here its easiest as its just you driving down...to get all of these cars to say Toledo would take numerous drivers and planning logistics. No worries we can figure this out...fun for all!

Fadi -

No worries bro. I was just offering you a stay at my new house to get a way, get a chance to visit SPI/get race gas etc., meet the cool guys here, and of course this offer is always on the table when ever you want. Another advantage is we can use Norwalk dragway (SPI is 20 minutes east of the track) when you come. If you have never been, we rent the track for the day and invite high end cars and prep the track properly and roll! Its a fun day. I know for sure we will do this when my ride is done!!

Les

You are class act, Les!! Like usual. :icon_thumleft:

Just let me know when your car is done and we will figure something out, for sure.

You are class act, Les!! Like usual. :icon_thumleft:

Just let me know when your car is done and we will figure something out, for sure.

My pleasure Fadi, and either way I will drive up for sure when my ride is done...probably multiple times :) I cannot wait!

Nice, Les.

Dont forget the 07 F 599GTB :) That car is pure sex and that Enzo motor sounds ridiculous!!

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/ferrari...tb-fiorano.html

Nice, Les.

Dont forget the 07 F 599GTB :) That car is pure sex and that Enzo motor sounds ridiculous!!

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/ferrari...tb-fiorano.html

Oh, I didn't forget..:) It is going to be simply amazing if we can actually get all of these cars together on the same day / weekend and have some fun. I am really looking forward to it, Les.

Here is hope for your car to get done soon...:CHEERS:

Oh, I didn't forget..:) It is going to be simply amazing if we can actually get all of these cars together on the same day / weekend and have some fun. I am really looking forward to it, Les.

Here is hope for your car to get done soon...:CHEERS:

:icon_thumleft:

Hey guys,

Sorry for the late reply. I got the car on the dyno late last night and I also raced the ZR1.

Dyno:

660 / 550 on 9 lbs. , 690 / 585 on 10 lbs. 82* (Do I and Liquid get a prize for guessing the dyno figures correctly?..:D)

ZR1 race:

50-150, I was about 3 cars ahead and then traffic popped up so we had to slow down. I did not have a video camera on me, but him and I are good friends so I will be able to capture a video anytime I want. Only problem is that next time we run, I will probably lose. He will be at 700 rwhp.

After speaking to Doug, I have been thinking about running a more aggressive tune and bumping the timing a little given that I am at a conservative setting now, but as of today, I have not made up my mind. This car might not be crazy fast, but I do like the safety margin and I don't know if I want to sacrifice that, at least not in the middle of summer.

Oh, and BTW, ZR1 is fast as sh*t, especially with a competent driver behind the wheel.

:icon_thumleft:

Fadi,

Congrats on the power levels! I would not be disappointed at all.

Some of the GTT posted dyno numbers for other cars/ kits do not match up to the level of boost people are running. If a tuner is dyno'ing a car, they will often push the car to make power, and not necessarily concern themselves with boost spikes or boost pressure. They are typically much more concerned with AFR to avoid detonation of a car on their dyno. It always sounds better if a car makes higher horsepower at lower boost levels.

Regardless of the numbers, they are VERY respectable and I congratulate you. I have never seen anyone win a race on a dyno :). Can't wait to see the vids against some of these cars. There will always be someone faster. My advice... enjoy your conservative tune until you lose a race that is a heartbreaker. It's not worth, 10 to 30whp to risk your motor.

Ummm...This is my car.

Aaron

Ummm...This is my car.

Aaron

Hey Aaron,

Yes thanks for letting me post your vid to show Fadi what these RT tuned SLR's are making. How is it going man?? I hope all is well bro.

Les

How far is Aram's 722 from Michigan?

No magic sprinkle dust... Some people just look at PEAk numbers.. others look at the entire rev range... Where as the GTT might make higher peak figures the SLR has a very broad and high hp and torque curve.. At idle the SLR is already making way over 400ft lbs of torque to the wheels, whereas a GTT is making the equivalent of nothing...

Using Accichellis car again as an example, he also has a swiss cheese 750 997TT.. a car which he has recorded a crazy 5.9 sec 0-100 in.. His modded SLR which still makes less power than his Porsche.. weighs more.. etc... records a 134+ trap speed through the 1/4 compared to the Porsches 132mph.. As i said before at speeds over 150mph I do believe the GTT's advantage will more obvious.

On a side note... my GTT arrived in Cali last Sunday... I still havent seen it! :lol2:

No magic sprinkle dust... Some people just look at PEAk numbers.. others look at the entire rev range... Where as the GTT might make higher peak figures the SLR has a very broad and high hp and torque curve.. At idle the SLR is already making way over 400ft lbs of torque to the wheels, whereas a GTT is making the equivalent of nothing...

Using Accichellis car again as an example, he also has a swiss cheese 750 997TT.. a car which he has recorded a crazy 5.9 sec 0-100 in.. His modded SLR which still makes less power than his Porsche.. weighs more.. etc... records a 134+ trap speed through the 1/4 compared to the Porsches 132mph.. As i said before at speeds over 150mph I do believe the GTT's advantage will more obvious.

On a side note... my GTT arrived in Cali last Sunday... I still havent seen it! :lol2:

I agree Allan. However, the big question IMO is the ZR1 vs. SLR stock vs. stock. The ZR1 starts making power and torque at 1800rpms just like the SLR. It weighs substantially less, has more power and torque stock, etc. We know Fadi can handily beat a stock ZR1. If a stock ZR1 is faster than a stock SLR, we would then assume he will beat a stock SLR by 5+ cars 60-160.

Check out the attached dyno graphs of ZR1's

Stock vs. Modded

The LPE ZR1 makes 560lb. ft. of torque to the wheels at 2000RPMs

post-679-1247674840_thumb.jpg

post-679-1247674854_thumb.jpg

ZR1 has an incredible power curve. Lots of power under the curve, and keep in mind that a stock ZR1 makes it's peak TQ at like 3,500 RPMS, or something of that sort.

Bottom line is that I would destroy a stock SLR from a 50+ roll. :icon_mrgreen: :eusa_dance:

Here are some SLR numbers for comparison. Stock and modded (Modded SLR is a Renntech 722). I am wrong in one sense though as a stock 722 makes a very small amount more power and torque to the wheels than a stock ZR1. However that should be nullified with a 600lb weight advantage of the ZR1. Also, the mods are almost IDENTICAL i regards to the LPE graph and Renntech SLR graph. It is safe to say the ZR1 (albeit looks like garbage) responds much better to mods than the SLR.

post-679-1247676167_thumb.jpg

post-679-1247676198_thumb.jpg

I agree Allan. However, the big question IMO is the ZR1 vs. SLR stock vs. stock. The ZR1 starts making power and torque at 1800rpms just like the SLR. It weighs substantially less, has more power and torque stock, etc. We know Fadi can handily beat a stock ZR1. If a stock ZR1 is faster than a stock SLR, we would then assume he will beat a stock SLR by 5+ cars 60-160.

Check out the attached dyno graphs of ZR1's

Stock vs. Modded

The LPE ZR1 makes 560lb. ft. of torque to the wheels at 2000RPMs

Again.. you are talking about assuming and dyno racing on different dynos. For example... Accichellis car on Renntechs dyno showed like 40more ft lbs of torque than my car did on Alexs dyno.. yet they both performed virtually identicly registering 128.7 in the 1/4........ Do you think one was really making more power than the other? No.

So... We have real world results of my Stock SLR beating a Plastic mess-06 making virtually the EXACT same power as a stock ZR-1 while being lighter.. not once but twice... In AZ and the Nevada 1 mile challange.... We have 99% of the magazines showing the ZR-1 to be SLOWER than a stock Viper..... Kisco HIMSELF recorded a 8.5 sec 60-130 in the Viper... that being 1.3 seconds slower than Accichelli recorded in his STOCK SLR.

So as to the SLR, you can not truly understand how well it performs until you own one, and learn to drive it. Im sure Accichelli will attest to that. I also dont understand why you think I would sit here and just randomly tell you how well the SLR performs when I own a GTT which I "ASSUME" is faster than your GTT :icon_mrgreen:

Kisco PM your address and I will send you the Vbox... But you have to send it back quickly... none of this gone for a month or two shit..

Oh.. and thats a silly statement in regards to a ZR1 responding better to mods than a SLR.. The SLR mods are miniscule by comparison. The I/C pumps do not gain power, they just help prevent heat soak, the pulley is just a 2lb pulley and the ECU. They dont even touch the exhaust, cats etc... I hear there is a 4lb pulley coming. Not much sense in developing mods for a car that a handfull of people will mod, let alone experimenting on motors that cost over 100k.

Allan,

I know it's sound to assume that a stock SLR will beat a stock ZR1 based on your experience with a 530 rwhp Plastic mess-06 in your SLR. On paper, a 530 rwhp Plastic mess-06 should beat a ZR1, but in the real world, it doesn't. How do I know? The ZR1 raced my old Plastic mess-06 that was making 530 rwhp and ZR1 walked away from it. This was because of the power under the curve, the suspenion of the ZR1 and it capabilties to put the power to the ground MUCH better, and a few other factors. What is supposed to happen on paper doesn't always translate to real world results, JUST LIKE on paper an SLR should not be very fast, but it is!

Anywho, send me the VBOX and if my friends ZR1 is still stock by the time I get it, I will get numbers for both cars. But, I am telling you right now that I won't be able to touch the VBOX till the weekends. Unless it gets here this weekend, I won't be able to hook it up it until next weekend. Way too busy during the week. Just an FYI.

I predict a 6.3 60-130 time (which if I am correct, would lay waste to a stock SLR and beat a modded one, too.. :icon_mrgreen: )

PM sent. :icon_thumleft:

Again.. you are talking about assuming and dyno racing on different dynos. For example... Accichellis car on Renntechs dyno showed like 40more ft lbs of torque than my car did on Alexs dyno.. yet they both performed virtually identicly registering 128.7 in the 1/4........ Do you think one was really making more power than the other? No.

Possibly different power. Not by 40 ft. lb. I showed 2 graphs of the SLR to show different graphs on different days including the faster 722.

So... We have real world results of my Stock SLR beating a Plastic mess-06 making virtually the EXACT same power as a stock ZR-1 while being lighter.. not once but twice... In AZ and the Nevada 1 mile challange.... We have 99% of the magazines showing the ZR-1 to be SLOWER than a stock Viper..... Kisco HIMSELF recorded a 8.5 sec 60-130 in the Viper... that being 1.3 seconds slower than Accichelli recorded in his STOCK SLR.

Just like the SLR, the ZR1 power curve makes a huge difference. There are videos of a stock ZR1 putting 10 cars or more on a 530rwhp cammed Z-0-6. So that argument is null and void.

Magazines mean nothing as you have mentioned hundreds of times.

So as to the SLR, you can not truly understand how well it performs until you own one, and learn to drive it. Im sure Accichelli will attest to that. I also dont understand why you think I would sit here and just randomly tell you how well the SLR performs when I own a GTT which I "ASSUME" is faster than your GTT :icon_mrgreen:

I have owned neither, so again you have MUCH more experience in the seat of both. However I probably put 60-70 miles on Fadis car, and you have put 400 on yours, so not too much difference in the GTT. :lol2: I have no argument there.

Kisco PM your address and I will send you the Vbox... But you have to send it back quickly... none of this gone for a month or two shit..

Oh.. and thats a silly statement in regards to a ZR1 responding better to mods than a SLR.. The SLR mods are miniscule by comparison. The I/C pumps do not gain power, they just help prevent heat soak, the pulley is just a 2lb pulley and the ECU. They dont even touch the exhaust, cats etc... I hear there is a 4lb pulley coming. Not much sense in developing mods for a car that a handfull of people will mod, let alone experimenting on motors that cost over 100k.

Agreed on the SLR stuff, but here are the ZR1 mods for comparison: The Lingenfelter supercharger upgrades included our pulley upgrade, air intake modifications, intercooler improvements and tuning.

No header work, no exhaust work other than adding a switch to open the butterflies when you want.