Putting my DLM GTT on the dyno...

Kisco

I think that no matter what its going to be a good run either way. I would put the smart money on me though race to race gas. :icon_mrgreen:

Again I am sooo happy for you Fadi and cant wait to see that beast in person. Its nice to see you have grown into a Lambo! I do have the keys to a SPI 800 GT2 (until my car is done) and is tuned on 93 pump that I would love to roll race with...maybe on the 12th at CC?

Thanks, Les. Looking forward to your car getting done. :icon_thumleft:

Is this the GT2 you are speaking off??

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will put my money on you, too. :lol2: Can't wait for this run. Race gas vs. race gas it is!!.. :icon_mrgreen:

I just got a call from the trucker. My car will be here tomorrow before noon!!! :icon_super:

Sweet bro! Make sure you snap plenty of shots for me so I can add them to my desktop collection. Its going to be a blast....when you bring your car down to Ohio for sure. We can run your G in DK's SPI 800 GT2 that is tuned on pump 93 to see how your G stacks up. I may or may not need race gas after all...we will see. :icon_mrgreen:

Yes sir.

Got ya. Is your 997 TT going to be faster than the GT2? You are looking at 750 rwhp in your car if I recall, right? If so, that GT2 might be even with yours given that it is lighter, no?

I will run that GT2. Win or lose, it will be fun.

Allan, can I borrow your set up for a day?.. :icon_mrgreen:

Got ya. Is your 997 TT going to be faster than the GT2? You are looking at 750 rwhp in your car if I recall, right? If so, that GT2 might be even with yours given that it is lighter, no?

I think my gearing is better than the gearing in the GT2 to spool the turbos faster. GT2 is a little lighter than my 997TT yes but not much :) Yes 750 rwhp on pump 93 would be the target, but on race you should refer to these:

or

Basically my car is an SPI Sledgehammer built package that I was going to have tuned on pump (hence the SPI 800), but as I have told you tiny tym has been working on giving me the capability of running race or pump....thats what the wait has been about.

For sure it will be fun. We are going to turn some serious heads for sure...same team so win or loose we both win.

So you will have around 850 rwhp on race gas? Wow, that's fast.

I am looking forward to running that 700 rwhp GT2. I will let you know if I make the CC on the 12th.. :icon_thumleft:

So you will have around 850 rwhp on race gas? Wow, that's fast.

I am looking forward to running that 700 rwhp GT2. I will let you know if I make the CC on the 12th.. :icon_thumleft:

Yes on race should be 850 rwhp plus or minus. Sweet either way if not maybe you could just come down to Cleveland for a day with the G and we can have alot of fast cars ready for some fun...cruise and race you know. Let me know bro.

Yes on race should be 850 rwhp plus or minus. Sweet either way if not maybe you could just come down to Cleveland for a day with the G and we can have alot of fast cars ready for some fun...cruise and race you know. Let me know bro.

Cant wait for this!!! Hopefully mine is done by then...... I want to see your lambo for sure though.

Cant wait for this!!! Hopefully mine is done by then...... I want to see your lambo for sure though.

For sure man. We will meet up this summer.. :icon_super:

Well mathematically it should make 850 @ 10.29 psi...

Using the stock numbers (right or wrong, not sure if this is engine or at the wheel) of 303 ci and 500hp@ 7800 rpm...90% efficiently (high compression)

850 hp gain 70%

psi required 10.29

stock cfm 615.46875

pr req 1.7

boosted cfm 1046.29696

each turbo cfm 523.14848

a pair of pt61 should work perfect, and they will not ever be working hard ......

ahhhh cleveland :) great place to be from...(as long as its the east side)

Hit me up if you want to meet up. I will be in downtown tomorrow night. Any recommendations on where to go?

Cool calculation. If it is that high fadiwill be very happy.

So, I just got back from running the car and racing a good buddy's 130 mph Camaro with a race like, automatic trans in it (car shifts FAST).

So, what do I think about the DLM GTT? I am going to keep this short and simple...FU**ING AMAZING!! That's it.. :icon_thumleft:

I did not capture the video of the race, but from a 50-165, I was about 5-6 cars ahead. This is the same camaro that was pulling on my friends stock ZR1 Vet at high speeds (140+). This is all on a VERY conservative tune (lots of timing pulled) and 10 lbs of boost and no brake boosting (But I did get a very slight jump to try and eliminate the initial lag) The car has a significant amount of boost lag in between shifts, but again, being 1400 miles away from Doug, he pulled a lot of timing out and this is a large cause for that. Once I run the car hard for a month or so and make sure the car is perfect, I will be sending Doug my ECU for a little more aggressive tune.. :eusa_dance:

Once again, THANK YOU DOUG LEVIN for building me an absolute stunning system. I look forward to all that is to come.. :icon_thumleft:

Oh, and BTW, I weighed my car today (04, 6 speed, non-clear bonnet, no front end lift, stock wheels). With a near full tank of gas, it weighed in at 3,560 lbs.

So, I just got back from running the car and racing a good buddy's 130 mph Camaro with a race like, automatic trans in it (car shifts FAST).

So, what do I think about the DLM GTT? I am going to keep this short and simple...FU**ING AMAZING!! That's it.. :icon_thumleft:

I did not capture the video of the race, but from a 50-165, I was about 5-6 cars ahead. This is the same camaro that was pulling on my friends stock ZR1 Vet at high speeds (140+). This is all on a VERY conservative tune (lots of timing pulled) and 10 lbs of boost.

Once again, THANK YOU DOUG LEVIN for building me an absolute stunning system. I look forward to all that is to come.. :icon_thumleft:

Oh, and BTW, I weighed my car today (04, 6 speed, non-clear bonnet, no front end lift, stock wheels). With a near full tank of gas, it weighed in at 3,560 lbs.

Nice Fadi, congrats. Now get the princess to release his old man's grasp on the VBOX so we can see some real numbers! :icon_mrgreen:

Plus: Where is the dynooooooooooo

Nice Fadi, congrats. Now get the princess to release his old man's grasp on the VBOX so we can see some real numbers! :icon_mrgreen:

Plus: Where is the dynooooooooooo

Thanks, Mako. I have asked Allan numerous time to send me the VBOX. It will be up to him if he wants to send it or not. It doesn't matter to me.

The dyno has been postponed to next Saturday. The guy that owns the shop and operates the dyno is on vacation. Don't worry, it is all to come. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks, Mako. I have asked Allan numerous time to send me the VBOX. It will be up to him if he wants to send it or not. It doesn't matter to me.

The dyno has been postponed to next Saturday. The guy that owns the shop and operates the dyno is on vacation. Don't worry, it is all to come. :icon_thumleft:

My car is coming back... not sending out the vbox, plus I have something special coming that i need to test... Time for the tightwad to come out of pocket and buy one since I already sent it to him once...

My car is coming back... not sending out the vbox, plus I have something special coming that i need to test... Time for the tightwad to come out of pocket and buy one since I already sent it to him once...

Doug should throw one in for free with what he charged you Fadi!! :eusa_dance:

Just kidding to all parties involved, playing up the controversy. :icon_mrgreen:

When you sent it to me last time, I got you an 08 Viper time and a modded liter bike time. The only thing I didn't get was my Gallardo's 60-130 time because I was really busy with work and had family issues to take care of. If you don't send it again, I don't give a you know what.. :icon_fU: I won't be purchasing one either.. :icon_butt:

Going to the drag strip and racing other cars will be a sound indication of how fast the car is..:)

When you sent it to me last time, I got you an 08 Viper time and a modded liter bike time. The only thing I didn't get was my Gallardo's 60-130 time because I was really busy with work and had family issues to take care of. If you don't send it again, I don't give a you know what.. :icon_fU: I won't be purchasing one either.. :icon_butt:

Going to the drag strip and racing other cars will be a sound indication of how fast the car is..:)

When you come to Ohio Fadi, you can use mine and we can get the data for you.

When you come to Ohio Fadi, you can use mine and we can get the data for you.

Cool man. Thanks, Les. I am really not in any rush for it, but if it is available, it won't hurt..;)

Cool man. Thanks, Les. I am really not in any rush for it, but if it is available, it won't hurt..;)

NP, yes its available anytime you want to come down. Oh also congrats on the win vs that beast Camaro. Curious how was the race at the 130mph mark?

NP, yes its available anytime you want to come down. Oh also congrats on the win vs that beast Camaro. Curious how was the race at the 130mph mark?

I was ahead, but not by much. Maybe 2 cars. That Camaro gets out HARD. From 130-165 I pulled another 3-4. This car starts to pull very hard around 130 mph as any other GTT would.. :icon_thumleft:

I will be running his modded Liter bike from a high roll tonight or tomorrow night. As you can see, I am not wasitng any time with this mini beast..:lol2:

Damn fadi gets his car back at noon and he is already beating up on 130mph camaros. Fadi did you run the zr1?

I was ahead, but not by much. Maybe 2 cars. That Camaro gets out HARD. From 130-165 I pulled another 3-4. This car starts to pull very hard around 130 mph as any other GTT would.. :icon_thumleft:

I will be running his modded Liter bike from a high roll tonight or tomorrow night. As you can see, I am not wasitng any time with this mini beast..:lol2:

Nice run bro. Yes, you for sure are not wasting any time...which is my kind of guy! Good luck against the bike. I would love to see a vid of the ZR1 and you 60-150!!!! Be careful Fadi.

damn this dumb thread!!!!

makes me want a car TODAY to start my build TOMORROW

where the hell are all the "deal" cars everyone is always saying are out there.....

i look every 3-4 hours at MANY different places....i see nothing :(

congrats fadi.... and dang dude just buy a v-box