Random Thoughts of the Day

Roman

who knew we had so much in common

I find it hard to believe there are actually people who get in the shower first and THEN turn on the water.

yup that's me.

lol...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why everyone would vomit if they were to drink a glass of their own saliva.

PS: sorry if the grammar is fvcked up in the above sentence ;)

Why do some people start conversions and sometimes even stare at you in an awkward way just so you can notice their new hair, watch, shoes or car. Don’t they know no one really cares?

Glass is actually a liquid.

Sorry, that's all I've got at the moment.

Glass is refined sand burnt at a high temperature and then in the case of your windows floated onto a liquid tin, then cooled back to a solid.

So not quite a liquid.

Glass is refined sand burnt at a high temperature and then in the case of your windows floated onto a liquid tin, then cooled back to a solid.

So not quite a liquid.

On a molecular level (amorphous solid?) it's closer to a liquid than a crystalline solid. The fact that is doesn't have the crystallization step puts it into the realm of a supercooled liquid than a true solid.

It's been debated a lot lol.

On a molecular level (amorphous solid?) it's closer to a liquid than a crystalline solid. The fact that is doesn't have the crystallization step puts it into the realm of a supercooled liquid than a true solid.

It's been debated a lot lol.

Okay debate this. Drink your window. :)

Okay debate this. Drink your window. :)

Glass is generally classed as an amorphous solid rather than a liquid. Glass displays all the mechanical properties of a solid. The notion that glass flows to an appreciable extent over extended periods of time is not supported by empirical research or theoretical analysis (see viscosity of amorphous materials). From a more commonsense point of view, glass should be considered a solid since it is rigid according to everyday experience.

Some people consider glass to be a liquid due to its lack of a first-order phase transition where certain thermodynamic variables such as volume, entropy and enthalpy are continuous through the glass transition range. However, the glass transition may be described as analogous to a second-order phase transition where the intensive thermodynamic variables such as the thermal expansivity and heat capacity are discontinuous. Despite this, the equilibrium theory of phase transformations in solids does not entirely hold for glass, and hence the glass transition cannot be classed as one of the classical equilibrium phase transformations in solids.

Although the atomic structure of glass shares characteristics of the structure in a supercooled liquid, glass tends to behave as a solid below its glass transition temperature. A supercooled liquid behaves as a liquid, but it is below the freezing point of the material, and will crystallize almost instantly if a crystal is added as a core. The change in heat capacity at a glass transition and a melting transition of comparable materials are typically of the same order of magnitude, indicating that the change in active degrees of freedom is comparable as well. Both in a glass and in a crystal it is mostly only the vibrational degrees of freedom that remain active, whereas rotational and translational motion is arrested. This helps to explain why both crystalline and non-crystalline solids exhibit rigidity on most experimental time scales.

glass like many other rocks look like liquid, but they are rocks and do have crystals but are too small to see since they go through a supercooling process.

Ahh. Okay, CRIPES I should have picked up on that. I was thinking you lose one-half your life, then the other half.

Technically speaking you'd never die. Just when you thought you would, you'd only get 1/2 way there again :lol2:

FOR THOSE WHO TAKE LIFE TOO SERIOUSLY

Honk if you love peace and quiet.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set.

A day without sunshine is like, night.

On the other hand, you have different fingers.

I see you're lost in thought. It must be unfamiliar territory.

73.6 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization

He who laughs last thinks slowest

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol

I intend to live forever, so far, so good

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

When everything's coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane and going the wrong way

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it

The colder the x-ray table, the more of your body is required on it

The hardness of butter is directly proportional to the softness of the bread

The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the ability to reach it

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory

Change is inevitable - except from vending machines

Plan to be spontaneous - tomorrow.

Always try to be modest and be proud of it!

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments

How many of you believe in telekinesis? Raise my hand?

Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you.

In 1977, when Elvis died, there were 150 Elvis impersonators in the United States.

Today there are over 85,000.

If the present trend continues, by 2019 one in three Americans will be employed as an Elvis impersonator.

When everything's coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane and going the wrong way

Genius on many levels

If you were driving a car at the speed of light and turned on the headlights, what would happen?

OR driving at the speed of sound and blowing your horn?

Keep your eye on the light at the end of the tunnel, because it might be a train.

If you were driving a car at the speed of light and turned on the headlights, what would happen?

As far as the current physics show, no solid object can get to the speed of light. You can get very, very close to it (in theory) however...

OR driving at the speed of sound and blowing your horn?

Well I believe the sound waves would be right next to you, until you passed them. When aircraft go supersonic, you can see the aircraft fly by and then here the sound.

Well I believe the sound waves would be right next to you, until you passed them. When aircraft go supersonic, you can see the aircraft fly by and then here the sound.

You hear the sound after seeing the aircraft because light travels much faster than sound, hence the light reaches your eyes significantly faster than the sound waves reach your ear. The further the distance the greater the effect. Which is why you see lightning before you hear thunder despite their occurance being simultanious.

You hear the sound after seeing the aircraft because light travels much faster than sound, hence the light reaches your eyes significantly faster than the sound waves reach your ear. The further the distance the greater the effect. Which is why you see lightning before you hear thunder despite their occurance being simultanious.

And continuing with that thought...........

Light travels faster than sound, that is why many people appear to be bright until you hear them speak.