Official SLS photos

jim501

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO its a good looking car...but distinctly lacking agression. Sort of a really nice car that i would buy for the wife. i'd rather push a SLR with a 722 spoiler.

IMO its a good looking car...but distinctly lacking agression. Sort of a really nice car that i would buy for the wife. i'd rather push a SLR with a 722 spoiler.

It's a luxury coupe, it's not supposed to be aggressive.

There are a lot of wifey cars running around right now. From the Vantage to the R8 to the California, to this car, it seems like styling in this segment has definitely gone metrosexual to please the Christian Audiger rhinestone-jeans crowd over the butch Lambo look.

CRYING SHAME

So does this car have anything to do with Mclaren? or is it built solely in the affalterbach plant by AMG?

As far as I know, there's absolutely no connection - it's AMG/Merc only. In fact, outside F1, it looks like McLaren and Mercedes are operating independently of one another at this point - the MP4-12C is apparently built entirely from bespoke components, at McLaren's own facilities and outside contractors in Germany and Britain. Even the engine appears to be a clean-sheet McLaren design with no input from Mercedes.

About 1/4!

I just read that it will be priced between the SL65 and the SL65BS so here this will mean about 260-270k euro including taxes etc

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SP-superJay

the interior looks amazing, the exterior styling makes me think they were trying to give it a classic appearance...not too much of a fan of it judging by the pictures, but my mind can easily be changed if i saw this car in person. still love the gullwing doors :eek3dance: