Best Exercise to cut body fat/Gain Muscle

pockmark

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, this is terrible advice for someone trying to lose weight.

I wasn't thinking about losing weight, he said is eating fruit a bad thing, I said no.

Although fruit is a completely natural food, I've never heard of going fruit-less to lose pounds or of gaining weight from eating fruit (not saying neither is true, never heard of it though).

IMO, to lose weight, eat clean (quality meats, fish, poultry, grains, fruits, vegetables, source of calcium, etc...) and bust ass. Avoid junk food and junk drinks (alcohol, soda, etc...).

I'm calling B.S.

Fruit is nothing but simple carbs which will spike your blood sugar and insulin. If those two are high while you are not exercising, you are getting fat!

This I don't know if I believe. Not saying I'm right, but here is my reasoning: Fruit does not spike your blood-sugar in the way something like a Nestles Crunch bar or a Krispy Kreme donut for example would.

I have never seen anyone get addicted to fruit. Giving up sweets on the other hand can be incredibly difficult. You eat the sweets, and BOOM! your blood-sugar spikes, so then your body works overtime to get rid of the sugar, lowering your blood-sugar level too far.

And thus begins a viscious cycle where you then get sugar cravings and thus lust after donuts, cookies, cakes, candy bars, etc...then you eat them and swear you'll never do so again, then a few hours later, you are lusting after them again.

Fruit doesn't do this (or at least I've never had any such experience). Apples, pears, oranges, grapes, cherries, blueberries, bananas, etc...never had any of them give me cravings.

You can break the cycle but it is tough at first. Once you get your blood-sugar level balanced you can in general lose any desire for most such sweets, but not for fruit.

Fruit is the natural sweet to eat in place of junk food sweets. In general, for foods, a good rule to follow is, "If it's made by humans, it's probably bad. If it's made by nature, it's probably good."

Fruit does not spike your blood-sugar in the way something like a Nestles Crunch bar or a Krispy Kreme donut for example would.

Don't be so sure. Take a look at this link. Cantalope, pineapple, and watermelon spike your blood sugar HIGHER than a snickers bar!

http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_food_d...cemic_index.php

Don't be so sure. Take a look at this link. Cantalope, pineapple, and watermelon spike your blood sugar HIGHER than a snickers bar!

http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_food_d...cemic_index.php

Maybe there is more to it than this...? I mean I have never eaten cantalope or watermelon or pineapple even and then suddenly had to force myself to stop eating the fruit. I mean chocolates and candies and DONUTS especially, you kind of have to force yourself to stop eating, because the sugar pulls you in.

But I can eat a cantalope or watermelon or pineapple fine.

I mean you eat one Krispy Kreme, and BAM! you want another, and then another...the only thing stopping you is pure iron will because you know they have way too much fat. But I've never experienced this with fruit.

are u guys saying that eating fruits is a bad thing ?

Like any part of your diet, fruit IN MODERATION is fine. A daily intake of 2-3 servings of fruit is fine. 10+ servings (where you seem to be) is too much. In the end, calories are calories, and fruit is mostly sugar calories. There are some low glycemic fruits (prunes, grapefruit, for instance) that pack in a good amount of fiber and vitamins without too much sugar. Unfortunately, most of the fruits that people like because they taste good... well, that's because those fruits that taste good have a lot of sugar. The bottom line is that fruits are relatively calorie dense foods, and the calories they offer are not the best kind.

Maybe there is more to it than this...? I mean I have never eaten cantalope or watermelon or pineapple even and then suddenly had to force myself to stop eating the fruit. I mean chocolates and candies and DONUTS especially, you kind of have to force yourself to stop eating, because the sugar pulls you in.

But I can eat a cantalope or watermelon or pineapple fine.

I mean you eat one Krispy Kreme, and BAM! you want another, and then another...the only thing stopping you is pure iron will because you know they have way too much fat. But I've never experienced this with fruit.

The greatest myth perpetuated by the mass media is that eating fat makes you fat. Where this comes from is that people with high-fat diets usually just eat too many calories in total, and if you eat too many calories without burning them, you will gain weight. The fact is that your body's ability to burn fat is regulated by insulin and simple carbs spike your insulin response far greater than dietary fat. So if you want to get lean, try keeping your calorie intake constant, but get more calories from fat and less from simple carbohydrates (starches and sugars). Fat and protein also work better to sate your hunger. Basically, 200 calories of high-fat nuts is more preferable to 200 calories of fat-free (but sugar dense) fruit.

Again, I highly recommend investigating the Zone and Paleo diets. From my personal experience, if you follow them fairly strictly, you will get super lean in very little time. In essence, eat a LOT of vegetables, plenty of meat (even that so-called "evil" red meat!), more vegetables, get your carbs preferably from nuts and beans, and then eat even more vegetables. Have some fruit if you'd like, but keep it within reason....2-3 servings of fruit is enough.

If you can stick to Zone/Paleo for 2 months, there's little doubt that you'll see a drastic reduction in bodyfat. I was 260 lbs at almost 25% 2 years ago, modified my diet according to Zone/Paleo and started intense workouts, and now I'm at 185 with ~9% bodyfat, and I only roughly follow Zone/Paleo.... I think if I were to get strict, I could probably hit 6% pretty easily.

adding but not rated as pure simple sugar that about 40-50% of the protein ingested converted into sugar(gluconeogenesis) or simply the conversation of amino acids into glucose :)

its a slow progress it takes about 1-3 hours to notice any rise in blood sugar !

protein,carbs and fats all are important as far as vitamins,fibers,antitoxins, and hormonal balance and much more.

moderation is the key not elimination.

adding but not rated as pure simple sugar that about 40-50% of the protein ingested converted into sugar(gluconeogenesis) or simply the conversation of amino acids into glucose :)

I didn't know your insides sit the amino acids down and have a talk with them to convert them into glucose, pretty cool :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

Just got back from six days of bike racing and have one more to go tomorrow. The Giro International that goes from Guadalajara to Puerto Vallarta. Tomorrow has been promised to me to win, since today I broke away with the leader virtual and he took the leader's jersey. As payback, I am going to win in my home city.

fcuk these little Mexicans can climb. I lost 3 kilos in 6 days and I was eating everything. I totally recovered after every stage by being conscious of three things: Eating before, eating during and eating after. Of course drinking helped too.

Competition was incredible this year with an old pro from the Giro and Tour there(Rodolfo Massi). Yahoo. Our team worked him over so hard he did not finish today and therefore cannot do tomorrow in Puerto Vallarta. He was throwing up on the side of the road.

You want to lose weight, stoke the furnace.

Just got back from six days of bike racing and have one more to go tomorrow. The Giro International that goes from Guadalajara to Puerto Vallarta. Tomorrow has been promised to me to win, since today I broke away with the leader virtual and he took the leader's jersey. As payback, I am going to win in my home city.

fcuk these little Mexicans can climb. I lost 3 kilos in 6 days and I was eating everything. I totally recovered after every stage by being conscious of three things: Eating before, eating during and eating after. Of course drinking helped too.

Competition was incredible this year with an old pro from the Giro and Tour there(Rodolfo Massi). Yahoo. Our team worked him over so hard he did not finish today and therefore cannot do tomorrow in Puerto Vallarta. He was throwing up on the side of the road.

You want to lose weight, stoke the furnace.

Way to go, man. Extra kudos for winning in your town. Just intimidate those little guys into submission. :icon_mrgreen: I can't wait to get back home and on the bike.

Just show her how shapely her arms will get shaking your stick. :icon_mrgreen:

That's what I was thinking! My wife would call me a pervert as usual

That's what I was thinking! My wife would call me a pervert as usual

how is the weight loss going? how many lbs you down now? keep us updated :icon_thumleft:

I haven't loss any more weight, but that is probably because I have only been lifting, and I have quit smoking for 2 weeks as of yesterday. I am definitely gaining muscle mass.

That's good to hear....I'm surprised I haven't chimed in on this thread, first time I saw it... :S

I started at 315lbs (Yeah yeah, I know.), and starting in July i changed my eating habits hardcore....That's all I've done.I wanted to go to the gym, but I don't have a home gym, and my time is so limited that I simply cannot make it out, unless I go to the 24 hour one at 1 AM, which I would, if it wasn't so expensive.

Between then, with just my diet change, I've lost 30lbs, once things calm down and I hit the gym, I will probably continue to drop, here's hoping. Considering now there's more at risk than ever before (bloodpressure, heart problems etc etc)...and i'm only 22.

Luckily it's been steadily declining at the same rate, but time to add to that!

That's good to hear....I'm surprised I haven't chimed in on this thread, first time I saw it... :S

I started at 315lbs (Yeah yeah, I know.), and starting in July i changed my eating habits hardcore....That's all I've done.I wanted to go to the gym, but I don't have a home gym, and my time is so limited that I simply cannot make it out, unless I go to the 24 hour one at 1 AM, which I would, if it wasn't so expensive.

Between then, with just my diet change, I've lost 30lbs, once things calm down and I hit the gym, I will probably continue to drop, here's hoping. Considering now there's more at risk than ever before (bloodpressure, heart problems etc etc)...and i'm only 22.

Luckily it's been steadily declining at the same rate, but time to add to that!

that is very good !

not trying to be smart and i dont know your life schedule but trying to suggest something and i hope im wrong !

drop the Xbox and you wil have plenty of time.

heard this excuses over and over again, people just enjoying doing something else and then blame time.

that is very good !

not trying to be smart and i dont know your life schedule but trying to suggest something and i hope im wrong !

drop the Xbox and you wil have plenty of time.

heard this excuses over and over again, people just enjoying doing something else and then blame time.

Trust me, if the Xbox were the case, it would be soo much easier....I hadn't touched it for six months, only just started playing recently for the new Forza game, and even then, my ADD does not let me play it for more than a few hours every couple of days. I have both the Xbox and PS3, and I just don't get time to play them either!

It's actually work, school and my businesses, in between seeing clients and doing homework I don't get much time for anything else, and that's already with 4 to 6 hours of sleep, if that. It is true that I could stop the businesses, but I still need to keep it afloat so I don't lose the clients I do have. They're really understanding that my school comes first (I want to finish early so I'm taking an overload), so when I do get some time, I go there. Currently I'm working on two assignments, and am taking a break from the research and about to start the synthesis' that I need to get done, I'm also leaving for Toronto on Thursday so with this, I have to finish up some business here, then some house bills and cleaning so I could leave tomorrow after my class.

I just went to the doctor today, dropped another couple of pounds over the month, and given that I am walking quite a bit more due to my classes and whatnot, once I can finally make it to the gym it'll be good, trying to figure something out, hopefully in the next two weeks I'll have figured out something that can work with my schedule!

fcuk, I am addicted to the gym again! Haven't been this way in 8 years. Love going to the gym again. Get to see some of the hottest bitches you will ever see every day, and I get to take all of my daily frustrations out on the weights.

fcuk, I am addicted to the gym again! Haven't been this way in 8 years. Love going to the gym again. Get to see some of the hottest bitches you will ever see every day, and I get to take all of my daily frustrations out on the weights.

:iamwithstupid:

Sooooo much ass goes to my gym...or all gyms for that matter...between 5-8pm. Believe it or not, between those times I HATE going to the gym.

But motivation doesn't stop at the gym!

I just got done hitting the heavy bag for 30 mins with a 40lb weighted vest on and squeezed in a couple of towel pull-ups at home :icon_super: .

I'm LOVING the gym. Although I'm the opposite of you and am trying to gain weight/mass currently.

As fun as today was, a long time member at the gym I frequent unfortunately passed away over the weekend. They say due to heart failure in his sleep. Lets stay healthy fellas and remember that we can't skimp out on the most important muscle of all: our heart.