Pikemike

sprite

Most of those moves any twenty-something, and probably even a thirty-something to forty-something, can get with work and dedication (the flips might be much tricker at forty-something though), don't think you need to be super-little to do that stuff. It's just easier the younger :)

The father IMO needs to make sure the kid knows how to use weights with proper form though.

Gymnastics will give one upper-body and torso strength unlike anything else however. When you start kids training in it very young, they can get really good really fast.

The problem though is that if you include a lot of flipping and tumbling, it will stunt the growth. Most of the Olympian male gymnasts are like 5'2 - 5'4 because the levels of flipping and also the movements done that require extreme degrees of leverage cannot be done by men taller.

Here are some planche pushups:

Yes he would. And when he is 30 and is still the same height, everyone will laugh at him when they see him in the street.

Weight lifting before puberty is VERY stupid.

Kid is impressive though.

I can do like 3 planche push ups and I feel like I'm going to die, this kid is on beast mode.

Yes he would. And when he is 30 and is still the same height, everyone will laugh at him when they see him in the street.

:iamwithstupid: Albeit impressive, allowing a kid to lift weights is downright dumb... Ultra Advanced physical maturity at a young age doesnt usually translate into a "SuperHero" when they grow up. It usually just means they're already almost done developing.

Whatever you tell yourself while you eat some more ice cream, Mike!! :icon_mrgreen:

Kid is gonna be fine, and I bet he is going to amount to something, good for him.

Whatever you tell yourself while you eat some more ice cream, Mike!! :icon_mrgreen:

Kid is gonna be fine, and I bet he is going to amount to something, good for him.

Actually, a lot has been said about lifting pre-18....forget pre-puberty, lol.

I waited until I was 18 before I lifted so I didn't stunt my growth anymore than already was done naturally. :icon_mrgreen:

The jury is out if there really is a connection between the two, but not sure if it's worth the risk unless you're pretty tall by early teens, IMHO.

Hey, nothing wrong with being short, rich and famous :icon_mrgreen:

That kid will be an awesome gymnast, I love the bond between him and his dad!!!

Hey, nothing wrong with being short, rich and famous :icon_mrgreen:

That kid will be an awesome gymnast, I love the bond between him and his dad!!!

that bond seems a bit overboard to me.

in what way?

Kids should be out on the playground eating sand at 3 years old. Not doing pushups, and doing barbell arm curls.

I see nothing wrong with it, I am sure he doesn't train 24 hours a day and he is in the park with the other kids, the only difference is they eating sand and he is doing chin ups.

There more positives in what his dad is doing than negatives I feel to tired to list them now.

I see nothing wrong with it, I am sure he doesn't train 24 hours a day and he is in the park with the other kids, the only difference is they eating sand and he is doing chin ups.

There more positives in what his dad is doing than negatives I feel to tired to list them now.

:iamwithstupid:

this is a different culture also, the reasons could be different as well. I can list a few that you won't find in the typical US helicopter parent looking for a fame outlet via their kid - personal safety, dad's past problems with being picked on and not wanting the same for the kid.

By the way I tried to look for the research about stunted growth - so far the census is that it doesn't stunt anything, especially if you are going 10+ reps and are not putting too much stress on the spine via heavy weight. I can't imagine body weight exercises hurting his growth, kids in my school did gymanstics at around his age, turned out fine.

I guess one could also argue on the flip side that girl gymnastics does start at a an early age and that is the only way. But, girls dont lift.

What country do you think this is anyways. I here SPanish, but I know its not Mexico. I thought at first it was some Eastern European country but then I heard some Spanish, so........

:iamwithstupid:

this is a different culture also, the reasons could be different as well. I can list a few that you won't find in the typical US helicopter parent looking for a fame outlet via their kid - personal safety, dad's past problems with being picked on and not wanting the same for the kid.

By the way I tried to look for the research about stunted growth - so far the census is that it doesn't stunt anything, especially if you are going 10+ reps and are not putting too much stress on the spine via heavy weight. I can't imagine body weight exercises hurting his growth, kids in my school did gymanstics at around his age, turned out fine.

There is a reason that most gymnasts are under 5 foot 8 and it is because they started way too young. It is the same reason the 26 year old gymnasts look like they are 13.

I guess one could also argue on the flip side that girl gymnastics does start at a an early age and that is the only way. But, girls dont lift.

What country do you think this is anyways. I here SPanish, but I know its not Mexico. I thought at first it was some Eastern European country but then I heard some Spanish, so........

His dad speaks Romanian

Basic strength training for a young kid I do not think will stunt the growth, such as pushups, pullups, certain bodyweight exercises, etc...I mean all of those things little kids do anyhow if they go out and play. they run, jump, climb trees and monkey-bars, etc...I doubt pullups and pushups and such will stunt the growth.

Lifting heavy weights on the other hand (AND WITHOUT PROPER FORM!!) could stunt the growth though.

Also flipping. If you start a kid doing gymnastics with lots of flipping, if they keep doing the flipping as they grow they tend to remain very short.

The female gymnasts stay short and do not grow breasts either.

The female gymnasts stay short and do not grow breasts either.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

that was so funny because I could sense the disappointment in your post.