Texas Mile... The Prediction Thread

Allan-Herbie

would love to see a dyno chart at 1508rwhp from that run though. If he is making that much power at 30psi, he should be at least around 1350+rwhp at 25psi on his 220mph run.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonah (Barron), said his car is making 1500+rwhp at 30psi of boost, and he was going to the TM. Not sure what color it is though. Should be about the same power as Peaks car.

That car is black, but whether that's it and if so how much boost he's running, how far he has his foot in it, etc. is impossible to know at this point. Don't they have 2 more days of runs after today? If so I suspect there may be a lot of experimenting going on. As Gary said there is a lot more to this event than just showing up and flooring it, and I'm not sure anyone would be really disappointed if he didn't go faster than 220-225.

I'm not sure anyone would be really disappointed if he didn't go faster than 220-225.

I would be dissapointed if he runs 225mph and he is pushing 1508rwhp. SW's Supra is only 1600rwhp from what I have seen (Not sure if he has a new/improved setup) and that car can push 250+ from what I can tell.

I hope Jonah hits at least 240mph with that kind of power.

For the 996 and 997, I think that Eddie Bello's 964 holds the record for all Porsche

Gargano holds the world record for the Porsches at 231.4

Bello ran a 226.

Gargano holds the world record for the Porsches at 231.4

Bello ran a 226.

Thanks playa! I knew that you would chime in! :icon_super:

Something tells me that record will be falling very soon :icon_mrgreen:

I just spoke with Joe (Porsche 231 mph world record holder). He ran that 224 as his first shakedown pass. Right before he pulled the shute, his sunroof caved in and completely threw the car off. When he pulled the shute, the car got sideways and he spun off the runway. He is OK, the car is ok, but sadly he is done for the weekend as his sunroof is stuck in that position and the sunroof track is broken. Too bad as the car currently has close to 200 awhp more than it did when it ran 231 and would have definately broken his previous record.

He said that spinning his car at 200+ mph with an open shute in the back was quite the wild ride. Evoms has 4 other cars running (none of which are at this cars level) but are all aiming to break 200mph.

Thanks playa! I knew that you would chime in! :icon_super:

Something tells me that record will be falling very soon :icon_mrgreen:

I know, I wish he could still run it too. So far, Tom (topgun) ran a 199 in his 996TT and KPG ran 198 in his. Both of these guys should get over 200 (their goal speed).

There has been a lot of talk about other fast Porsches, I hope they make it out as so far, nobody has broken 200 in a Porsche yet this weekend besides Joe.

I would be dissapointed if he runs 225mph and he is pushing 1508rwhp. SW's Supra is only 1600rwhp from what I have seen (Not sure if he has a new/improved setup) and that car can push 250+ from what I can tell.

I hope Jonah hits at least 240mph with that kind of power.

SW's black Supra is not pushing 1600hp. It is less than that with the brand new engine that was installed a couple of days ago.

I predict he will crank off a record run in the morning.

The 2 UGR cars went off in front of me. The orange one sounded like there was a miss. The Nera went off and did not sound 100%. Temps are getting into the low 80's so speeds are not going to increase for cars running all out.

For the record I showed up, put C16 in the car and have been running it all out every run. It has been that easy for me.

SW's black Supra is not pushing 1600hp. It is less than that with the brand new engine that was installed a couple of days ago.

I predict he will crank off a record run in the morning.

The 2 UGR cars went off in front of me. The orange one sounded like there was a miss. The Nera went off and did not sound 100%. Temps are getting into the low 80's so speeds are not going to increase for cars running all out.

For the record I showed up, put C16 in the car and have been running it all out every run. It has been that easy for me.

Thats awesome! Stay safe out there!

UGR Nera #143 just did 232mph

I'm happy to see it start to run strong

:icon_super:

Sounds more like it! It sure has more left in it.

Is SW only driving his supra? I thought he was going to take his UGR Gallardo as well, but maybe I misheard. Saw it on the street and it looked pretty mean.

Don't know if he took the G, but it doesn't have gears at this point so it wouldn't be breaking 200.

Solid number.

Crank up the boost another 10-15psi, hold on tight and pray it stays together, and maybe he can compete for the title! Im rooting for him :icon_super:

UGR Results just got text to me from Texas

Jonah driving his Black Nera

Kyle on Base Boost missing 3rd gear went 217 on first pass.

If more comes in I will update...

UGR Results just got text to me from Texas

Jonah driving his Black Nera

Kyle on Base Boost missing 3rd gear went 217 on first pass.

If more comes in I will update...

Go Jonah! That's awesome!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. That Supra video was insane...

UGRs fastest ET is 20 mph in trap slower than SW's car. That is a big difference for having the same or more RWHP. If I had to guess, SWs car weighs next to nothing, and the suspension and gearing are set up very well.