Dell with Vista versus Self Mutilation

Chimay52

No they don't, I work on my Mac Pro 10 hours a day, every day, and it hasn't crashed once in the year I've had it. Mac OS X is way, way more stable than any version of Windoze ever will be. Do yourself a favor and get a Mac. You won't look back.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No they don't, I work on my Mac Pro 10 hours a day, every day, and it hasn't crashed once in the year I've had it. Mac OS X is way, way more stable than any version of Windoze ever will be. Do yourself a favor and get a Mac. You won't look back.

I've had both iMacs and macbooks. And I have had more hangs (programs hanging, not the computer) on the Macs editing movies and using firefox etc, than I have on my PC running all kinds of shit. Actually I can't remember the last time my PC crashed or froze. Also, I hate working on Macs, it's like driving a Lambo stuck in first gear.

And if you think Mac OS is safer than Windows... well then take a look here.

WOW congrats!!!

I have a 6 year old dell inspiron running no anti virus, firewall or spyware and have had no issues either.

Its called dont be dumb.

I fail to see the Mac nut swinging. Everytime I use a mac I want to punch it. I feel like a retard only having one button and no options.

Not to mention anything not hippie related is not compatible.

Off soap box. Sorry for being such an asshole, but its not the computer its the user.

No problem, fore sure I respect a passionate opinion :icon_mrgreen: ---now check the new mouse on apple.com

Mac products tend to be so easy that switching from a Windows OS seems well, rather too easy (or kinda of dumb)--its that easy and uncomplicated. After all the Mac was the big daddy of interface making when windows was not even around. Anyhow, thanks for sharing your point of view.

Cheers mate! :icon_thumleft:

I do, currently dual boot Xp and Ubuntu Hardy Heron

Got a friend that uses Linux and thinks its the most stable OS, easy to use, easy to configure (no need to call india for tech support). Low cost, free upgrades, independent developers, open source code, on and on...none of the nonsense Windows, pay for this upgrade, or must buy new computer becuase new OS is too "heavy" or too "complex", blah blah....you get my point.... :icon_mrgreen:

Linux seems to be one hell of a program and many large companies use it (unknown to many--particulary here in Europe--where Microsoft business model does not quite cut it) :icon_butt:

Linux= check it out!

+1. It makes a great server, and very stable OS with a lot of dev support behind it, open community, etc. it depends what you use your computer for, like me, basic web browsing and office on my personal computer. Work computer has everything important. I keep windows just for itunes support (even though there are ways around it) for my iphone and ipod, and so i can play games if I feel the need.

I fail to see the Mac nut swinging. Everytime I use a mac I want to punch it. I feel like a retard only having one button and no options.

You can actually set up the mac mouse to have two buttons and mimic a PC mouse pretty easy.

I was a diehard PC guy for years, my wife bought the cheap macbook about 4 years ago. It is as fast today as the first day she bought it. I started using it at home, and the whole family basically fought over the mac. I bought 3 pc laptops in the same timeframe. I usually used one till it no longer wanted to boot the OS, I would then toss it and buy a new one. Back in Feb I bought the new unibody macbook and have never looked back. I now have iMacs at work at all the workstations and iMacs at home as well.

The only thing that bugs me is the persona. I have always hated the preaching from mac guys and swore to never own one. I am still a little embarrassed sometimes to pull my laptop out sometimes. Mac people sometimes think that its a fraternity and want to come over and talk Mac.

Anyone use Linux?

I do, Ubuntu. It is finally at a stage where you install it and almost everything works right out of the box, barely any setting up required. I have been using it on my personal computer for a few months now and have not looked back.

Have the Macbook Pro's gotten the I5's or I7's yet? That's what I'm waiting for to jump in and get one . . . .

New mac mouse, new imacs running Core i7's and i5's, new macbook, all pure sex.

Have the Macbook Pro's gotten the I5's or I7's yet? That's what I'm waiting for to jump in and get one . . . .

No, still with Core 2 Duo

It would most likely be i5's, and most likely within 6 months is my guess. They just refreshed them a couple months ago, so might be a bit.

:iamwithstupid:

The only thing that bugs me is the persona. I have always hated the preaching from mac guys and swore to never own one. I am still a little embarrassed sometimes to pull my laptop out sometimes. Mac people sometimes think that its a fraternity and want to come over and talk Mac.

Haha, that made me laugh! I think the same thing when I see people out with a mac like in book stores or coffee shops...everyone seems to gravitate towards the table with the inevitable..."so that's a mac huh?"

I bought my son a iMac and its the only one in the house. I've messed with a few things on it, but not enough to get a good idea what it is capable of. Seems a bit on the slow side. I'd like to get one with a little more power to give it a proper try, but can't justify picking one up when my Falcon NW is still running smooth as butter...how are Mac's with games?

Macs are slowly getting better with games, but nowhere close to a PC. The idea PCs have the ability to swap and upgrade video cards, and internal components so much easier than macs. Falcon NW FTW! How old of an iMac? try the new 27" with i7 chips. I'm sure that'll blaze faster than your Falcon.

Macs are slowly getting better with games, but nowhere close to a PC. The idea PCs have the ability to swap and upgrade video cards, and internal components so much easier than macs. Falcon NW FTW! How old of an iMac? try the new 27" with i7 chips. I'm sure that'll blaze faster than your Falcon.

Bought it two years ago...24" screen if I remember correctly? Its a great little machine, just haven't put much time in with it. The new 27" screen iMac looks sweet and that's just the machine I was thinking about! I'll likely always be a PC junkie, if for nothing else, just because I'm a gaming geek, but Macs start to look better all the time...

^^ Just dual boot the 27" with bootcamp and life is good.

Does the duel boot option work pretty well? In other words, do the PC programs (read games) actually run well?

I hate that they force you to do their support BS when you already know what the problem is. My keyboard backlight went out once and my lcd had a bad connection. They made me try all kinds of BS before they would just send someone out to fix it.

Don't tell me to try software solutions to hardware problems!

had Vista Enterpise for few years it was good but slow startups and slow shutdowns. Now been having 7 for 3 weeks and this sucks monkey balls, albeit a bit faster to startup and shutdown, but after I click IE browser button it can take over 30seconds before it actually opens the browser, sucks most in this 7 at the moment.

The problem might be that you're using I.E. ;)

Sounds like you have a very weird background program running that you should look into. Windows 7 was as fast as XP in starting everything up, internet browsers were no different.