BMW M3 GTS

Gilligan740

As I said on your facebook, WAY too much for that car.

For the money of that m3, I would buy a manual 2004 gallardo, 2006 z-06, and a 2006 m5.

That's just how rediculous the sticker is for it.

As I said on your facebook, WAY too much for that car.

For the money of that m3, I would buy a manual 2004 gallardo, 2006 z-06, and a 2006 m5.

That's just how rediculous the sticker is for it.

Yeah, I definitely agree Mike. They're dreaming with this price. I do like the direction they're heading with this though - imagine an M5 or M6 done up like this! If this is successful, maybe they will do more projects like it and bring the price down to the "sane" level.

Yeah, I definitely agree Mike. They're dreaming with this price. I do like the direction they're heading with this though - imagine an M5 or M6 done up like this! If this is successful, maybe they will do more projects like it and bring the price down to the "sane" level.

M5 and M6 are way too heavy. What they should have done is dropped a higher revving X6M engine in it-The one with 555hp, upped the boost, and made a 650hp street car for that pricetag at the same weight.

M5 and M6 are way too heavy. What they should have done is dropped a higher revving X6M engine in it-The one with 555hp, upped the boost, and made a 650hp street car for that pricetag at the same weight.

:iamwithstupid: For rims, i guess a better suspension, lighter body work, and about 36more horsepower, I could never rationalize the 100G premium. Cool looking, but thats a 80G car. Throw in a different more powerful engine like the did with the old M3 GTR's that got V8's stuck in them. Although they suposedly only made 10 of those and they were over 200G's

Remember, it is very hard to do a Euro to US price conversion of these cars, are the prices are often so different. A big factor is price also includes 19% VAT. It is actually about ~35K less than the 997.2 GT3 RS.

The wing is VERY ugly, and the rest of the mods can be done for $25,000 at most on a stock M3. Front lip-$1000, Suspension-$4000, Wheels-$4000, Brakes-$6000, Interior/Weight reduction-$5000. Then you can use $5,000 on intake/exhaust/headers/computer software, and you get more power and a better track car than the orange one.

The wing is VERY ugly, and the rest of the mods can be done for $25,000 at most on a stock M3. Front lip-$1000, Suspension-$4000, Wheels-$4000, Brakes-$6000, Interior/Weight reduction-$5000. Then you can use $5,000 on intake/exhaust/headers/computer software, and you get more power and a better track car than the orange one.

That's not the point. What you are describing here is not any different that saying you can add all the GT3 parts to a regular 911 because at the end of the day it will still be a modified car

Whatever the price point is, I think we should be happy that manufacturers are not afraid to make more special variations of cars. I suppose they could just produce all the same M3s and be done with it, but I'm glad BMW made this GTS. I'm sure somebody will buy it and be happy with it, all whilst it enriches the automotive variety.