Superleggera EU/US seats

-Sonny-

I have a litte question regarding the US Superleggeras.

I am pretty sure that I've never seen an US SL that was equipped with Carbon Racing Seats.

Over here in Germany, the car comes with these seats right from the factory. I don't think there is even an option for the normal Gallardo seats at all in the SL.

This car is made for racing - but no racing seats on the US market?! Or have just missed the right cars:)

2007-lamborghini-gallawujp.jpg

3b21_27d6tm.jpg

359d_27hu33.jpg

rguubgw0kgrhqih-cwererq6cx.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we import the EU seats? anyone done this? I have been seriously considering it but not sure how I'd go about doing it. Suggestions?

They can be bought separately. They even fit in the LP560. Sadly, you are sitting a bit higher and as I know, there is only one size. Not like Ferrari, where you can get the racing seats in different sizes. But - they are way more comfortable than the standard seats. A race car needs racing seats;)

Can we import the EU seats? anyone done this? I have been seriously considering it but not sure how I'd go about doing it. Suggestions?

DoctaM3,

I can probably get you a set of Euro SL seats. I wonder if LP670-4 SV seats would fit in a Superleggera because they are a bit cheaper than the Euro SL seats (I don't understand why).

I do have them in mine...Actually, you don't sit any higher and comfort is a matter of opinion...They are however the coolest seat on earth and with the 4 point and roll bar, a super sick addition.

they also cost 8kish per seat and VERY hard to get out of Europe (took me 18 months)

Still have my US SL version with orange stitching if someone is interested...5k takes both and they are perfect

I do have them in mine...Actually, you don't sit any higher and comfort is a matter of opinion...They are however the coolest seat on earth and with the 4 point and roll bar, a super sick addition.

they also cost 8kish per seat and VERY hard to get out of Europe (took me 18 months)

Still have my US SL version with orange stitching if someone is interested...5k takes both and they are perfect

Nice. Were you able to find orange euro seats? Pics?

Here are 2 pics for a quick comparison during install. The pics should speak for themselves.

As for comfort, like LemDog said, it's a matter of opinion. Personally, I like the Euro seats a lot better as I fit very well in them. The looks are the icing on the cake.

SL_Seats__12_.jpg

SL_Seats__16_.jpg

Nice.

Has anyone done colored webbing on the seatbelts? You can order them as factory parts for Porsches. Some yellow belts would look hot in my car. Maybe redone custom?

Here are 2 pics for a quick comparison during install. The pics should speak for themselves.

As for comfort, like LemDog said, it's a matter of opinion. Personally, I like the Euro seats a lot better as I fit very well in them. The looks are the icing on the cake.

I agree they look much better!!

DoctaM3,

I can probably get you a set of Euro SL seats. I wonder if LP670-4 SV seats would fit in a Superleggera because they are a bit cheaper than the Euro SL seats (I don't understand why).

Okk... now you know you have to hook me up! :)

> they also cost 8kish per seat and VERY hard to get out of Europe (took me 18 months)

Can you be more specific? What was the hold-up? The purchase? Euro Export? US Import?

http://www.check with our franchised dealer sponsors.com/xq/asp/year.2008...bcatalogTav.htm

Do the belts mount to the wall or the cage/bar?

http://www.check with our franchised dealer sponsors.com/xq/asp/year.2008...bcatalogTav.htm

The seats were developed by Sparco. They are the Sparco Chrono Sports. The only difference is that Sparco made the Lambo ones out of CF but their chronosport is only Fiberglass (as if it really matters). You could easilly get the Sparcos for dirt cheap and just have them reupholstered. I confirmed with Sparco myself. here are pics for comparison. You can get the chrono sports for a real fair price. And if you don't really care about the upholstery you can get the black or two tone. Its also a new material which is better than the old Sparco Cloth..... just fyi

181514d1243253077-new-fc-here-nj-going-l

1681-SPARCO-CHRONO-SPORT-SEAT.jpg

> they also cost 8kish per seat and VERY hard to get out of Europe (took me 18 months)

Can you be more specific? What was the hold-up? The purchase? Euro Export? US Import?

Do the belts mount to the wall or the cage/bar?

Belts can mount to the back wall (if you don't have a roll bar) or directly to the factory roll bar. I actually had it both ways before I got the bar installed...Dealers in Europe for whatever reason wouldn't sell me the seats...I tried every angle including having a few friends in Europe try and buy them and ship them over...Don't think the factory ever wanted them in the US due to DOT regs.

I eventually got them in a "covert" way but can't elaborate as I want to protect those involved....

• 2 weeks later...
i wanna see some black seats with ithaca verde stitching

You won't because Superleggera's do not come in Verde Ithaca; and regular G/SE/LP560/Spyder in V.I. do not come in Alcantara sports seats. The closest you might get are "regular" leather seats with Q-citura V.I. stitching, or LP640 Alcantara sports seats with Q-cotura V.I. stitching (both are special orders).

• 2 weeks later...
The seats were developed by Sparco. They are the Sparco Chrono Sports. The only difference is that Sparco made the Lambo ones out of CF but their chronosport is only Fiberglass (as if it really matters). You could easilly get the Sparcos for dirt cheap and just have them reupholstered. I confirmed with Sparco myself. here are pics for comparison. You can get the chrono sports for a real fair price. And if you don't really care about the upholstery you can get the black or two tone. Its also a new material which is better than the old Sparco Cloth..... just fyi

181514d1243253077-new-fc-here-nj-going-l

1681-SPARCO-CHRONO-SPORT-SEAT.jpg

I'm comtemplating getting these. They are not as light as the Technocraft T1's (6 lbs vs. 17 lbs) but they are significantly cheaper ($2699 vs $479). I emailed Sparco to see if they can confirm these would fit in my G and if they have mounting hardware for it.

Anyone have any idea how much the stock seats weigh(electric heated power seats)?

Keep us posted. The Sparco seats are very close to the Euro design. It would be great if you could match the factory suede and stitching. Keep in mind these do not have carbon fiber backs.