Show me your fish tanks/aquariums

Rix

I have a very interesting idea for a new uber aquarium and thought some of you might have some nice tanks. Even if you dont have a tank but likefish, heres your chance to post pics :)

I'll post up my idea later ;)

Here you go. This 300 liter tank is in my room. Been working on expanding to a 600 liter. One of my favorite hobbies...

DSC02704.JPG

DSC02706.JPG

DSC02707.JPG

DSC02710.JPG

DSC02715.JPG

Here you go. This 300 liter tank is in my room. Been working on expanding to a 600 liter. One of my favorite hobbies...

DSC02715.JPG

My 3 year old would go crazy for NEMO!

Hey Tupps11, great acquarium---I was in Beirut in October saw one lambo LP (if I remember correctly was an orange colored) and one black gallardo---and a few amgs and one SLR from Qatar. Anyhow, really enjoyed your city and people were friendly. :eek3dance:

Guest SP-superJay

do you sleep with sunglasses on? haha, sweet setup..i very much dig it :icon_thumleft:

Lol nice guys... :lol2:

I was thinking of something more along the lines of...

231.jpg

20ft.JPG

168.jpg

withfish.jpg

My idea was having the walls and floor of the bathroom as a giant fish tank. It wouldnt have to be too deep, maybe 1 or 2 feet, enough to get some larger fish in...how cool would that be!

I was watching some documentary about tropical fish and just came up with it because I re-did the bathroom back in England.

T its very nice, n bright! Is it quiet enough to have in your bedroom, do you sleep ok or did it take some getting used to!? And where are the rest of your fish?

231.jpg

20ft.JPG

168.jpg

withfish.jpg

My idea was having the walls and floor of the bathroom as a giant fish tank. It wouldnt have to be too deep, maybe 1 or 2 feet, enough to get some larger fish in...how cool would that be!

I was watching some documentary about tropical fish and just came up with it because I re-did the bathroom back in England.

The archway seems like it would be a big hassle, but the in-wall tank is pretty much my dream aquarium.

I'd get some massive freshwater fishies to go in there, however.

That's pretty cool Rix.

The only down side would be cleaning it.

aqua_01.jpg

That's pretty cool Rix.

The only down side would be cleaning it.

I was wondering how cleaning would work. I've seen scuba divers in zoo's before but what would you do in a large aquariam at home?

seems like too much work.....

:iamwithstupid: Ive seen what smaller tanks take. Let alone something that large. And enjoy buying new fish for $100's when they keep eating each other!

Actually there is a bit of positive effect in scaling up aquariums, in that the larger they get the easier they are to care for. Now this is somewhat in regard to watching the water ph and things of that sort.

If you're even looking at tanks that large you won't even attempt to maintain it yourself. Hire someone to come once a month or so to keep an eye on all the filters, fish, plants, etc.

The cool thing with a tank that size is you could get into some of the smaller sharks. One thing, they NEVER stop growing and even the smallest will get over 4' in length so eventually they will outgrow the tank, but they look awesome!

Also, plan ahead for the equipment room which is generally located directly behind or next to the tank. And when I say ROOM I'm serious, you'll probably need a 10x15 room just for the filter equipment.

Have you had an engineer review the slab design as well as the ground under the house? If not, you'll probably want to do that. It's a shit-ton of weight and you can run into some problems down the road.

Those big tanks can easily run into used gallardo costs.

Well first and foremost have you had a salt water tank before? Yes they seem really fcuking cool... at first. Until you own one and have to maintain, clean and constantly keep up on it. Thats when they really become a pain in the ass. Then you go buy a dozen $100-$200 fish and they all start eating each other and just messing shit up. My 175 gallon aquarium lasted about 1.5 years before I had to get rid of it as I simply didnt want to deal with it. Plan on having someone take care of it unless you really have the time to keep up on it.