My Lamborghini Thread - NWS

MONACO BODYGUARDS

My 'brand snobbery' remark wasn't directed personally at you, sorry you took it that way. I'm all for civilized discussion, which is not what is going on now. It's clear now that if someone disagrees with you, you'd rather go after them and try to discredit or make things personal than take the high road and say - agree to disagree.

All I was implying in my posts was that any educated consumer out there who is ready to buy what Lamborghini offers - cars, will not turn the car down because Tonino puts the name on anything and everything. If you don't agree with that - fine, show some class from your very experienced and wise high chair. Thanks.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all and all I think Lamborghini did a fine job over the years of conserving the brand, despite numerous ownership changes and different financial climates, Lamborghini managed to stay recognized as a premium sports car brand... of course it's not as exclusive brand as it used to be with the thousands of Gallardos produced in the last 6 years but it is still has a strong brand identity...

when I saw his watches on ebay I refused to believe that it was true.

I know you have LP570-4 photos and you avoiding my questions, you know my email :icon_mrgreen:

You mean to say those are real/Oem watches.....

I usually browse past em thinking they were cheap replicas made in china :shock: Seriously!

My 'brand snobbery' remark wasn't directed personally at you, sorry you took it that way. I'm all for civilized discussion, which is not what is going on now. It's clear now that if someone disagrees with you, you'd rather go after them and try to discredit or make things personal than take the high road and say - agree to disagree.

All I was implying in my posts was that any educated consumer out there who is ready to buy what Lamborghini offers - cars, will not turn the car down because Tonino puts the name on anything and everything. If you don't agree with that - fine, show some class from your very experienced and wise high chair. Thanks.

A large amount of high-end consumers are not very educated in some ways. For a lot of people, it totally is a matter of brand and image. How many "but it's a nissan" or "but it's a POS" posts do you see? And that comes from a lot of gear heads and car enthusiasts. The average consumer is even more influenced by brand and image, IMO.

When it comes to luxury goods, the biggest factor is brand. Clothing is probably the biggest market in which such things are apparent. I believe quality to vary between two very defined bounds. There is crap clothing that will fall apart, get damaged easily, etc; and then there is clothing that is the exact opposite. Shoes are a good example. You can get shit shoes that fall apart, leak, are uncomfortable, have poor treatments etc for $10. You can get shoes that are $70 that last forever, break-in well, are made with better material etc. You can then go one step further and buy $800 Prada shoes which do nothing better than the $70 ones. There are no doubt difference in quality, but the form is not usually so unique. There are only a handful of exotic car brands to choose from, but there are hundreds if not thousands of clothing brands that offer similar looks.

Shoes are very much about function and form. Women will tough out the pain of uncomfortable shoes that look good for an evening, but for the most part we all need shoes that are comfortable and look good too. There is no reason to buy $800 shoes unless the design is just so unique -- which it usually isn't. $800 shoes are bought for the brand and solely for the brand. Anyone who buys $800 shoes is not making a very educated decision. An $800 pair of heels does not as unique as a Gallardo is to a 430.

This exists even in the average consumer range. Often supermarkets sell their own brands of cereal as well as the main ones. I buy Sugar Coated Corn Flakes instead of Frosted Flakes. I buy Cereal-O's instead of Cheerios.

To bring all of this back around to Lamborghini, the branding is important. However, I don't think they've whored the brand to the point that it's done any damage. I also don't think they sell enough cars that branding could be tarnished very much anyway. You'd think that would make them more susceptible to brand dilution, but I think it's the opposite. They are too well known, yet sell too few cars, and at very high prices. It's an odd mix.

wow that is an awesome shot, I like how the white comes out!

MB what's that color called?

That is Pearl White.

But I would much rather go for Bianco Monocerus :wub: or Bianco Canopus :notworthy: , I think you will get tires of the above.

A large amount of high-end consumers are not very educated in some ways. For a lot of people, it totally is a matter of brand and image. How many "but it's a nissan" or "but it's a POS" posts do you see? And that comes from a lot of gear heads and car enthusiasts. The average consumer is even more influenced by brand and image, IMO.

When it comes to luxury goods, the biggest factor is brand. Clothing is probably the biggest market in which such things are apparent. I believe quality to vary between two very defined bounds. There is crap clothing that will fall apart, get damaged easily, etc; and then there is clothing that is the exact opposite. Shoes are a good example. You can get shit shoes that fall apart, leak, are uncomfortable, have poor treatments etc for $10. You can get shoes that are $70 that last forever, break-in well, are made with better material etc. You can then go one step further and buy $800 Prada shoes which do nothing better than the $70 ones. There are no doubt difference in quality, but the form is not usually so unique. There are only a handful of exotic car brands to choose from, but there are hundreds if not thousands of clothing brands that offer similar looks.

Shoes are very much about function and form. Women will tough out the pain of uncomfortable shoes that look good for an evening, but for the most part we all need shoes that are comfortable and look good too. There is no reason to buy $800 shoes unless the design is just so unique -- which it usually isn't. $800 shoes are bought for the brand and solely for the brand. Anyone who buys $800 shoes is not making a very educated decision. An $800 pair of heels does not as unique as a Gallardo is to a 430.

This exists even in the average consumer range. Often supermarkets sell their own brands of cereal as well as the main ones. I buy Sugar Coated Corn Flakes instead of Frosted Flakes. I buy Cereal-O's instead of Cheerios.

To bring all of this back around to Lamborghini, the branding is important. However, I don't think they've whored the brand to the point that it's done any damage. I also don't think they sell enough cars that branding could be tarnished very much anyway. You'd think that would make them more susceptible to brand dilution, but I think it's the opposite. They are too well known, yet sell too few cars, and at very high prices. It's an odd mix.

Lamborghini cares very much about the brand and their unique identity. I too think it's too narrow at times, but they are trying to create a specific foundation from which to build which is why the dealerships are black and white and as uniform as practical for the cost of the build. My family was in the clothing business for a very long time and we saw brands come and go and some did a terrific job of constantly managing the brand while others didn't see it as critical. In the end, those who cared more, regardless of price point, thrived while others got lost in the noise. Lamborghini is trying to create an image around their cars that is very specific and more inline with who actually buys their cars. This image is very different from what Tonino Lamborghini pukes out every day. The bicycles are sold at Costco here. Costco! I do think that impacts the brand value. I think the intentional confusion impacts the brand value.

It's been more than ten years since Chrysler owned the company yet Lamborghini is still hard at work doing all they can to repair some of that branding damage. I wish I could say more on the subject. I'd have respect for Tonino if he didn't try and hang onto the coattails of his father and the car company. For that reason he will never have his own identity and will forever live in his father's shadow regardless of the quality of his work or strength of his character.

Lamborghini cares very much about the brand and their unique identity. I too think it's too narrow at times, but they are trying to create a specific foundation from which to build which is why the dealerships are black and white and as uniform as practical for the cost of the build. My family was in the clothing business for a very long time and we saw brands come and go and some did a terrific job of constantly managing the brand while others didn't see it as critical. In the end, those who cared more, regardless of price point, thrived while others got lost in the noise. Lamborghini is trying to create an image around their cars that is very specific and more inline with who actually buys their cars. This image is very different from what Tonino Lamborghini pukes out every day. The bicycles are sold at Costco here. Costco! I do think that impacts the brand value. I think the intentional confusion impacts the brand value.

It's been more than ten years since Chrysler owned the company yet Lamborghini is still hard at work doing all they can to repair some of that branding damage. I wish I could say more on the subject. I'd have respect for Tonino if he didn't try and hang onto the coattails of his father and the car company. For that reason he will never have his own identity and will forever live in his father's shadow regardless of the quality of his work or strength of his character.

To be perfectly honest when I first saw Tonino's work on some cheap watches on ebay while I was searching for Lambo related stuff I refused to believe that he was part of the Lamborghini family, the car manufacturers, I thought someone that happened to be named Lamborghini decided to milk it for his or her own good and produce all that rubbish under the lambo banner, little did I know at the time that it was Ferruccio's son.

I am sure if his dad was alive he would have his ass kicked!

I wouldn't mind what he does if his products would be as rare and as expensive as the cars!