Just bought my 1st Lamborghini

DKDiablo

Dear LamboPower

Just purcased my first Lamborghini.

It is a 1993 Diablo.

You might be able to see info about it here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=300371575658

Any of you guys know about its history?

It has a badly rebuild rear wheel, so if any of you have a rear 18 inch SV-wheel you wish to sell, please let me know.

At the moment I have it stored for the winter, but as soon as possible, I will have it gone through to discover what I actualy have bought :)

Kind regards, Peter

People usually ask this question before they purchase the car ^_^

You are so right... Didn't pay a fortune for her, so I hope I can turn her into a beauty once again... I was just currius if anyone knew if the car had been really badly damaged before.

You should ask HERE.

Yes, I believe that car was talked about on that forum some time ago. Try doing a search there. Hope everything goes okay with your new purchase.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking at your engine repair invoice, there are a number of items that need repair attention, like alternator, dead starter, warning lights, etc.....Presume you already took note of that?

Looks to me from the repair bill, that this car was NOT taken proper care of, and likely has other undiscovered issues, apart from the issues that were left unresolved. Why were these things noted but not fixed by the seller when they did the engine work.

Sure hope you did not pay much for her....

Your car was driven by monkeys and run into the ground.

Once you figure that shit out and plunk down about 50K for repairs, the old sled should work just great.

Welcome to LP :icon_thumleft:

• 2 months later...
Looking at your engine repair invoice, there are a number of items that need repair attention, like alternator, dead starter, warning lights, etc.....Presume you already took note of that?

Looks to me from the repair bill, that this car was NOT taken proper care of, and likely has other undiscovered issues, apart from the issues that were left unresolved. Why were these things noted but not fixed by the seller when they did the engine work.

Sure hope you did not pay much for her....

I asked myself the same question - who takes out the engine to do a fully rebuild and the do not change a defect starter motor? This starter motor did only partial work - i.e. with a bit of knocking on it... startet taking it out this weekend, and I can see, that there has been cut an "acces-hole" so it should be possible to get it out without taking the engine out...

I have gone through the car and it actualy is in better condition that I expected taking the low price in mind... :-)

Your car was driven by monkeys and run into the ground.

Once you figure that shit out and plunk down about 50K for repairs, the old sled should work just great.

Welcome to LP :icon_thumleft:

Thanks - And think you are absolutely right :-) ... will be a good project car and if not... there will be a lot of spares for sale soon :-D ... luckaly I didn't pay much for her...

Got the starter motor out - it's a BOSCH 0 001 362 104 - I tested the starter, and the motor runs fine - the solenoid is faulty. The solenoid is BOSCH 0331402503 - I think I have found one on ebay at 56 € + postage - since the dismantle of the starter motor was an 1 hour job, I think I'm going for the replacement of the solenoid as fix, and reinstall...