Organic Foods

fmari

he's not worth the time dinko....

yeah i know, not trying to be rude to him but this is a prime example of the lack of knowledge people have in the United States..

How are Monsanto corn seeds "artificial?" Just because humans have tampered with it to modify it doesn't make it bad. How are they bad? And not saying you are wrong, I am genuinly curious. Are you saying corn-fed cows suffer E.Coli due to human-modified, mass-produced corn seeds, or won't corn in general be bad for a cow, because as your article says, corn is not their natural food?

How are Monsanto corn seeds "artificial?" Just because humans have tampered with it to modify it doesn't make it bad.

Im sorry but I have to add .01 to this..

How is this whole statement not an oxy moron?

You ask....how are monsanto seeds artificial and in the next sentence you put...."just because humans tampered with it"..

Doesn't tampering with something take away from it being "all natural"?

Carry on

Im sorry but I have to add .01 to this..

How is this whole statement not an oxy moron?

You ask....how are monsanto seeds artificial and in the next sentence you put...."just because humans tampered with it"..

Doesn't tampering with something take away from it being "all natural"?

Carry on

If that is how one defines "artificial," I suppose. I don't really see the problem with any genetically-modified crops though unless they are modified in a manner that will harm humans.

I'm with Wheels on the fact that thank goodness for modified foods that have saved people from and prevented countless famines all over the world. Kind of like the very last quote of the Penn & Teller documentary posted by Mr Doctor

"Why is anyone fighting food advance? A very small

percentage of the worlds population is fortunate enough to have

the luxury of turning down food. The rest of the world spends most

of its time trying to get any food. You know why? Technological

problems. They've got dirt. They've got water. They've got sun.

They lack the technical ability to till or enrich the soil. They

lack the machines to plant enough to feed their families. They lack

the hybrid plants that produce more food per acre. We need to

spread all the technology all we can so all people everywhere can

deal with the problem of too much food. We cant start getting

picky because weve got enough food. Thats just self-centered, and

racist. Unless you and yours are starving, you need to shut the

fcuk up!"

ORGANICS ARE BULLSHIT

More for me :icon_mrgreen: .

Your main point comes to "Companies must make so much product, to sell so much, etc..to make more $$.. and attention to detail lost..."

Step 1 for you, read the above article. Step 2, research E. Coli and its causes a little more indepth instead of just relying on sources that talk about the efficiency of producing as much food as possible. Step 3, you should now be educated enough on this subject to know what you said above is complete BS.

Everything I know on the subject is from discussion with PhD level researchers at schools like Penn State, SDSU, Ohio State, et al. Not from a blog written by lawyers.

"Obesity skyrocketing in Asia, Africa, etc..." Yes, bingo! Congrats if I may say. Have you noticed that Walmart has been expanding largely in Asia? KFC, McDonalds, etc. (You get the idea) have been expanding globally. While Walmart and Mcdonalds and others' do "seem" like they're selling a different product, it's still mickeyd and walmart do what they do best, figure out how to sell you a product for bigger, cheaper, and faster. They are still doing the same thing they do here in the US. Selling you unhealthy products for 1 reason, profit. "Very little to do how food is grown...." Has EVERYTHING to do how it is grown!

"Affording food.." I grew up poor, very poor if I may add!! Nutritious food was the least of my worries yet I wasn't being fed junk that Mcdonalds sells. If we're talking EXTREME poverty where people have no food, and their lack of $$ to purchase foods, that's another story.

See you're forgetting that while in this country we view McDonald's as "poor people" food, in many other nations it is a luxury. These are places where their diet primarily consists of rice, beans, greens, root vegetables.... so when their income jumps 300%, they want to indulge in hamburgers, fried chicken, steaks, cookies, soda, beer, etc. It's simply that they're consuming more calories than before and adopting a more sedentary lifestyle.

The link above is completely irrelevant for what you're trying to tell me or counter me with what I said previously.

The link provided was simply something interesting that my friend--who studies food science at OSU--had discussed with me a while back. Laboratory-grown meat could help solve lots of problems by reducing environmental impact of feed lots, reducing food-borne diseases, decreasing costs of producing meat.... but would you really want to eat meat grown in a lab? I don't; but the reality is that it may be necessary in order to feed the growing global population. These are issues that are constantly being considered by the food industry.

Anyway, I want people to keep spending their money on expensive organic food. I know many farmers who are profiting immensely because they can charge twice as much without doing much extra work.

Organic is a load of crap.

Millions of years of agricultural technology and they want to go back to the stone age and charge more for it!!!!

Grow your own food if you want organic, not to mention it is even cheaper than the EVIL normal foods.

Organic is BS. Just go to a store and find things like Organic Cotton shirts, just so people can pour their normal laundry detergents on them. Give me a break.

Millions of years of agricultural technology and they want to go back to the stone age and charge more for it!!!!

Grow your own food if you want organic, not to mention it is even cheaper than the EVIL normal foods.

Organic is BS. Just go to a store and find things like Organic Cotton shirts, just so people can pour their normal laundry detergents on them. Give me a break.

Efficiency and health matters aside, when I eat my food, I like to taste it. Buy regular tomatoes at Jewel and then buy organic/natural/what you want to call it tomatoes at a specialty store or a good produce market and you WILL notice a difference.

• 7 months later...

Organic foods are great to our body,it helps to maintain and develop more our metabolism. This might be the best efficient for the food processing. The active metabolism is the best result.

Please buy my spam.... I invest proceeds in Rosetta Stone English Program.

Organic foods are great to our body,it helps to maintain and develop more our metabolism. This might be the best efficient for the food processing. The active metabolism is the best result.

Welcome to L-power..... Now piss off.

The only significant reason I would eat organic would be pesticide related carcinogens. Without any evidence of this, regular food is more than fine. Organic is largely a marketing fad with VERY rare exception, such as non farm raised fish being better for you. In that case they really are.

You mean thousands of years, modern humans originated in Africa only about 200,000 years ago :D ;)

Will you guys please stop bumping a 9 month old thread that only came back to life thanks to the dipshit spammer above?

Thanks-

The Mgmt.