Rob Varetoni owner of No Limits Automotive Tech.

Charlie

This is the last thing I wanted to mention but Rob Varetoni, owner of No Limits Automotive Technology, located in Phoenix, Arizona, CAN NOT BE TRUSTED. On November 10, 2009 I gave Rob $9,900.00 for parts for my Murcielago. Rob assured me week after week that the parts were ordered. The first week of December I stopped by his shop on 7th Ave just south of Deer Valley and Rob mentioned that Lamborghini takes most of December off so we should expect the parts the first week of January. He also informed me that he ordered the parts from please check with our franchised lamborghini dealer sponsors.com and that this is pretty normal.

The week after Christmas I called please check with our franchised lamborghini dealer sponsors.com to find out what is taking so long on the parts and please check with our franchised lamborghini dealer sponsors.com stated they have not had any orders since October from that company or Rob. So, I on Wed, December 30, 2009 I went into Rob's shop & the first thing that came out of Rob mouth was, "hey, I just talked to Lamborghini man and your parts will be here in two weeks." I asked where he ordered the parts and he said please check with our franchised lamborghini dealer sponsors.com and I said great, let's call them right now on my cell phone. I put please check with our franchised lamborghini dealer sponsors.com on speaker and had Rob talk to them and they informed Rob they did not have any parts ordered by him or his company since October.

So, Rob then said, "oh, man, I ordered the parts from italiancarparts.com." I said great, let's call them right now...same thing...no parts ordered.

After about 30 minutes of Rob lying to me he finally admitted that he spent my hard working money on himself for personal use. I talked to my attorney and hand written a letter in my attorney's words, had Rob sign that he did spend the money on himself, etc. and that he will pay in 10 days or I am going to the Phoenix Police to write a report.

Well, as of today, still no funds in my bank, not a dime. I want to make you aware of this since I do not want it to happen to anyone else. I work my ass off for my money and $9,900.00 is alot of money to me.

On Monday I will be going to the Phoenix Police to file a report. I just do not want anyone's car at his shop when he get's arrested. I will keep you posted and have done everything I can to help Rob and his business but unfortunately I must pursue this legally now.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Motherfucker...What a POS. Hope you get your money AND justice.

We had one of those motherfuckers over here in NJ - Ron Brown (aka ViperTestarossa on this site), and people are still battling the legal system to get their money almost two years later.

That is horrible news!! I was going to be taking my car to him for some service soon. Not now. This certainly doesnt sound like his reputation but you never really know. Good luck Charlie!!

That's very bad. Hope you get your money back, and he gets what he deserves.

I sold a bike and had the cash AND gave a $1,900 check the same day for the balance made out to his company. Rob informed me I could not use my card for the parts. Since I trust my Rob with a $100k+ car I would imagine $8k cash would not be a big deal...realize that cutting him a check is the same thing is it not? Anyone can certainly cash a check...

I sold a bike and had the cash AND gave a $1,900 check the same day for the balance made out to his company. Rob informed me I could not use my card for the parts. Since I trust my Rob with a $100k+ car I would imagine $8k cash would not be a big deal...realize that cutting him a check is the same thing is it not? Anyone can certainly cash a check...

You can't cash a business check. So if you made it out to his company, he would have to deposit it in his company account and then 'pay himself' from that. With cash, there is no record.

It's pretty much the same end result, but there is more of a paper trail, and if he did pay himself the $8k (or 9.9k, whatever), Uncle Sam would also be interested in HIS cut.

Pretty simple, $8k paid cash, $1,900 MADE OUT TO HIS COMPANY = no parts ordered, signed statement from Rob admitting this in detail, admitting to spending ALL THE $ FOR PERSONAL USE.

I could have written a check for the whole the whole amount out to Rob's company, it would not matter. End result Rob signed the paper admitting to everything, I have a signed receipt on the parts list with Rob's writing and his sig for the deposit of $8k and $1,900 so I was covered from the beginning.

I have given Rob business for at least two years. I have referred rob at least $40k worth of business, not even my own in the last year...so the last person I should worry about is a business or "friend" like this...well obviously not.

I deal with many small landscape and rock companies that do not accept a credit card.s or do not want to use credit cards in the course of business. Should I not do business with all of them?

I put please check with our franchised lamborghini dealer sponsors.com on speaker and had Rob talk to them and they informed Rob they did not have any parts ordered by him or his company since October.

So, Rob then said, "oh, man, I ordered the parts from italiancarparts.com." I said great, let's call them right now...same thing...no parts ordered.

Owned :eusa_doh:

sorry to hear that..hope you get the money back..

Charlie, that sucks. Obviously Rob is an

idiot. He HAD such a good reputation and was getting business from referrals (I got his number from Secc_Joe). I had him work on my car and he seemed like a class act. I wonder what led him to bite a hand that feeds. Having met you in person, I can't believe he ripped off such a nice person. I guess maybe he thought in your case nice=would not press charges.

I hope you get your money back and Rob figures out how he just ruined himself.

Man, that sucks Charlie, sorry about all the crap you have to deal with for this.

From what I heard from people on this forum and around town was that Rob was the man to go to for non-warranty work.

Since you guys had business dealings with Rob for quite some time now and saw him as a decent man, do you think he was in some trouble and really needed the money? It's no excuse but I guess sometimes people can't see another way out.

Did Rob ever mention to you why he did it and what he used it for?

I talked to my attorney and hand written a letter in my attorney's words, had Rob sign that he did spend the money on himself, etc. and that he will pay in 10 days or I am going to the Phoenix Police to write a report.

Well, as of today, still no funds in my bank, not a dime.

did he say he will pay you back?

yes..but he didn't pay back.

Just goes to show you can never be too careful sometimes...Hope everything works out for you man.

Has he ever done anything like this before? Seems like he was a decent enough guy before this incident so just wondering what the reasoning was?

Sorry to hear that, hope you get your money back.

Could it be an idea to have a "Warning for bad dealers/payers" in Forum Home? Where one could look before doing business for parts or cars.?

Sorry to here about your problem Charlie, I know first hand how you feel.

It might be sometime before you get your money back or if you get it all back.

It just sucks however thanks for informing the group, at least no one here will walk into this situation blind.

There is also a certain similarity with this shop as I seen with my problem shop they do not take credit cards.

Let that be a lesson to others out there, I know it does not apply to all shops however when on the fence and credit cards are accepted pay with a credit card you can and will be made whole.

What dissapoints me further is during the 10 days to get the money and deposit into my bank account he never called me once to give me an update. While I am on vacation I have had to call him every two days to see how his progress was going in obtaining funds and his answer is "no problem, getting the money this afternoon and will put in your bank." I have left a message for him yesterday, and no phone call back even.

His reason for spending my $ for personal use is that business is slow and he has no money. I informed him he could have let me know that day when I paid him instead of setting me up with the intent to do this. Sad part is I probably would have helped him if he was up front with me.

Police probably won't help. The law likes to keep a thick line between civil and criminal. In this case, it looks like it's a civil issue. The more egregious and higher volume a situation, the more likely they'll be to intervene. But only if there is repetition.

Good luck getting your money back.

At least he says he's working on it.