TommyJames

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one went right by me.

All modern cars depreciate in value.

All modern cars depreciate in value.

it sure will depreciate, i do believe it will do better than other modern lambos (640, 560, gallardo, etc...)

Tommy I would like to congratulate you on your purchase. That SV is a bad mofo and one of the nicest combinations I have seen!!! Please enjoy it in the best of health......and give us feedback on how the car rides!!

I have to address all the people that are concerned about resale value & collectibility. Just remember when values peaked in the early to mid 80's; then suffered a major drop. Everyone was saying prices wouldn't come back yada yada. Then in the mid 90's prices rebounded only to be affected by the current crisis.

IMHO patience is paramount. Exotic / collectible automobiles are very much tied to the economic climate of the day. When there is long term concern about market conditions & indicators the exotic/collectible market becomes depressed; and conversely when there is excitement about an "up" market prices will increase. People that try to flip cars for quick profit will suffer, but the average collector should be able to weather the storm.

Can anyone Photoshop this picture to where it has a completely white background? Shadows would be cool too...

4314132755d23f09a40cbco.jpg

This is actually a perfect shot to show just how low the nose already is and how far it's extended from the wheel's contact point. Now, subtract 10mm, and the thickness of an effective skid plate...?

This is actually a perfect shot to show just how low the nose already is and how far it's extended from the wheel's contact point. Now, subtract 10mm, and the thickness of an effective skid plate...?

Not to be a dick, but that's actually an edited version showing what a drop would look like. The original is somewhere around page 14/15.

The car will certainly depreciate, just as all cars do. Its hard to compare this car to say the most interesting of other previous Lambos, such as say a Diablo SE, Diablo Sv, or that special edition 6.0 Diablo SE as they are going to make more Murci SV's then all those combined.... In the end the SV will certainly be the one to have and collect as it is the most special of the lineup, but it wont be nearly as hard to find as other interesting lambos.

I have to address all the people that are concerned about resale value & collectibility. Just remember when values peaked in the early to mid 80's; then suffered a major drop. Everyone was saying prices wouldn't come back yada yada. Then in the mid 90's prices rebounded only to be affected by the current crisis.

The market did recover some of it's value - beginning the middle of 2005. A driver 275 GTB/4, sold for 199K during 1998. In no way, did the market make a complete recovery from it's 1987 peak.

Here are some examples of the 'hot' late 80's market:

F-40's - in or around 1 mil

Testarossa - in or around 3-400K

Boxer - 300K neighborhood

Daytona - around 600K

365GT 2+2 - 150K for the best car

A 250 GTO rumored to sell for approx 18M

None of these collector car Ferraris, have yet to approach the true value, of the 1980's market.

In addition, the value for the dollar in 1987, was worth more than it's value today.

I will also mention, that several classic sport V-12 Lamborghini autos, have done well after 2005.

The market did recover some of it's value - beginning the middle of 2005. A driver 275 GTB/4, sold for 199K during 1998. In no way, did the market make a complete recovery from it's 1987 peak.

Here are some examples of the 'hot' late 80's market:

F-40's - in or around 1 mil

Testarossa - in or around 3-400K

Boxer - 300K neighborhood

Daytona - around 600K

365GT 2+2 - 150K for the best car

A 250 GTO rumored to sell for approx 18M

None of these collector car Ferraris, have yet to approach the true value, of the 1980's market.

In addition, the value for the dollar in 1987, was worth more than it's value today.

I will also mention, that several classic sport V-12 Lamborghini autos, have done well after 2005.

@ the Kruse auction in Boca Raton, I watched them sell a 89 Anniv CT for $400k

@ the Kruse auction in Boca Raton, I watched them sell a 89 Anniv CT for $400k

A few 'investors' purchased these cars to make buckets of money.

Quite a few of these cars sat in the garage for years - undriven.

The 'investors' who held on to these cars (including buying the car for sticker), lost a lot of money.

A few 'investors' purchased these cars to make buckets of money.

Quite a few of these cars sat in the garage for years - undriven.

The 'investors' who held on to these cars (including buying the car for sticker), lost a lot of money.

They sure did! The Anniv was aimed to be the BEST of the CT lineup, it became the worst.

Not to be a dick, but that's actually an edited version showing what a drop would look like. The original is somewhere around page 14/15.

heheh then you're making my point. How you going to get over anything? I was wondering because I was looking at the car on the hauler and I was wondering if they shifted it lifted. You're not being a dick at all. :)

T

heheh then you're making my point. How you going to get over anything? I was wondering because I was looking at the car on the hauler and I was wondering if they shifted it lifted. You're not being a dick at all. :)

T

Very carefully! Hah. I can see both sides of this argument though. I love the look of a lowered car, but HATE having to worry about minor imperfections in the road... You couldn't fit a cellphone between the lip and the pavement of my last car and I don't think I'll ever have a car that low again.

Off topic- I'm planning to take my BABE Rally car up from SF to Seattle the last week in May/First of June, are you going to be around to grab a few drinks? It would be hilarious to get some pictures or the cars together, too!

Very carefully! Hah. I can see both sides of this argument though. I love the look of a lowered car, but HATE having to worry about minor imperfections in the road... You couldn't fit a cellphone between the lip and the pavement of my last car and I don't think I'll ever have a car that low again.

Off topic- I'm planning to take my BABE Rally car up from SF to Seattle the last week in May/First of June, are you going to be around to grab a few drinks? It would be hilarious to get some pictures or the cars together, too!

Would love to do it. PM me as you get closer.

Congratulations on the purchase of an utterly stupendous piece of machinery. What a fantastic looking, sounding and performing car. Fantasic!

I believe that time given this will eventually be _the_ collectable lambo because it is last and rawest of the "big old school architecture" lambos. But is this in after 5 years or 35years is anyones guess. The more different murci successor will be the more collectible this will be. But in the meantime who thinks about these? Just enjoy it to the fullest, life is too short! :)

Yea, if I waited for what's coming next I'd miss a lot of the fun I'm having today. I've got a friend who's been waiting for the right moment to buy a house. It's been more than 20 years and it's still never been the right moment. Meanwhile he's missed all the things he wanted to do with a house. Seems illogical, but that's how some people live. They wait for everything and end up with nothing.