Discuss: Toyota is the best manufacturer of cars on the planet

joebiz

Discuss: Toyota is the best car manufacturer on the planet.

The media forget how many US car companies (GM, Ford, Chrysler) had full recalls, and what's worse how many they swept under the rug.

Toyota on it's worst day is 10 times a better car than GM on it's best day. To that end, this hysterical behavior and calling on inquiries... Please... Sheeple: If you don't like something, don't buy it. Problem solved. Back to discussion: Toyota is the best manufacturer of automobiles on the planet.

They might be soulless, boring or trite. Perhaps even a bit mundane. But signs of life in the design department are cropping up. (IS-F, GS Hybrid, Tundra, the new Camry)

Lamborghini and Ferrari are excluded from discussion please. :-)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but I still like their products for the most part. I've owned more of them then I can remember at my age. I might have agreeded with you 10 years ago. I think toyota has lost some of their focus and needs to get back to the way they used to be. Maybe this will get them to re-focus.

I am more of a Honda guy personally. And I think that Honda's brand is much more far reaching. My father in law works for TTi Technologies (Ryobi, Rigid, Milwaukee etc...) and he tells me that Honda has waiting lists to get their engines. He says that they are the most tightly controlled company that they deal with. When I shopped for a car for my wife, I looked at both and chose the Honda hands down. It just felt better, sounded better, and had better backing than Toyota.

All that said, I do agree with the Toyota is greater than the US car companies. If the US companies could get the Union's off of their backs, they could get on with producing the best cars in the world. Sadly, that will likely never happen. They have too much power and since the US companies did not go out of business, it is business as usual with those guys running amok in our factories.

out of tm or hmc, i choose honda.

vw is the best, range every car market there is and are great, not always the best, but great in all of them.

Discuss: Toyota is the best car manufacturer on the planet.

The media forget how many US car companies (GM, Ford, Chrysler) had full recalls, and what's worse how many they swept under the rug.

Toyota on it's worst day is 10 times a better car than GM on it's best day. To that end, this hysterical behavior and calling on inquiries... Please... Sheeple: If you don't like something, don't buy it. Problem solved. Back to discussion: Toyota is the best manufacturer of automobiles on the planet.

They might be soulless, boring or trite. Perhaps even a bit mundane. But signs of life in the design department are cropping up. (IS-F, GS Hybrid, Tundra, the new Camry)

Lamborghini and Ferrari are excluded from discussion please. :-)

No.

There really is no best. Ford makes the best trucks (F150, Super Duty), GM makes the best truck based SUVs (Escalade, Suburban), MB makes the best large sized sedan (S Class),BMW makes the best small performance car (3 Series), Audi makes the best wagon (A4,A6), Porsche has the 911, Toyota has the Prius. But when it all comes down to it, everything is personal.

I personally believe Ford has a better line up now than Toyota.

However if I was forced to pick a current best? VW. From the Golf to the Veryon, they can build you everything but a pickup.

It all depends on how you define the question of "best car company."

But the bottom line is that Toyota's build quality, reliability and fit and finish have been absolutely stellar for many, many years now, resulting in cars that often go 200,000 or 300,000 miles with nary a glitch to be spoken of, and that hasn't changed because of this one gas pedal recall glitch. It looks like it was a fcuk-up, yes, but once that issue is fixed, I have full confidence that their cars are still as almost unbelievably bulletproof as ever.

The company -- this glitch aside -- really, really has their shit down.

No.

There really is no best. Ford makes the best trucks (F150, Super Duty), GM makes the best truck based SUVs (Escalade, Suburban), MB makes the best large sized sedan (S Class),BMW makes the best small performance car (3 Series), Audi makes the best wagon (A4,A6), Porsche has the 911, Toyota has the Prius. But when it all comes down to it, everything is personal.

However if I was forced to pick a current best? VW. From the Golf to the Veryon, they can build you everything but a pickup.

Honda is the best.

Toyota is the next GM. Their products are getting worse every year.

The Tundra can not compete with American diesel trucks. You can argue it all you want, but farmer's still buy American trucks, not Toyotas.

Toyota has to have the worst interiors of any manufacturer, I used to think GM interiors were bad, but Toyota is giving them a serious run for their money.

Toyotas are TOO EXPENSIVE, for a little more money, you can have a German car.

No, but I still like their products for the most part. I've owned more of them then I can remember at my age. I might have agreeded with you 10 years ago. I think toyota has lost some of their focus and needs to get back to the way they used to be. Maybe this will get them to re-focus.

I agree. They should re-focus as in Ford Focus.

Isn't Ford Focus great!

Nowadays: Ford>Toyota

US Cars>Japanese Cars

I agree. They should re-focus as in Ford Focus.

Isn't Ford Focus great!

Nowadays: Ford>Toyota

US Cars>Japanese Cars

AGREED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honda/Toyota are equal in my mind.....have had good luck with both...

Toyota does not make a heavy duty pickup that matches up with American diesels...it does compete well against the others though..

German cars? yeah right.....not against a Honda or Toyota..reliability and quality are not there...perhaps against a GM product though....

Honda is the best.

Toyota is the next GM. Their products are getting worse every year.

The Tundra can not compete with American diesel trucks. You can argue it all you want, but farmer's still buy American trucks, not Toyotas.

Toyota has to have the worst interiors of any manufacturer, I used to think GM interiors were bad, but Toyota is giving them a serious run for their money.

Toyotas are TOO EXPENSIVE, for a little more money, you can have a German car.

No.

:iamwithstupid:

Soon they will be the safest--with all this recall stuff going on they will be checking their cars very very carefully and with that being said I would go buy one if I wanted one. I have a LX 470 and it is one awesome SUV and no I am not worried about a stuck gas pedal--lol

I have seen the Volkswagon sentiment go from "it does the job" to "Wow, this is a great car" within a very short period of time.

There are so many good offerings out there right now. I see these articles re: Toyota's response... And it just makes me cringe. It's all a vast left wing conspiracy to increase sales in our wholly-owned Federal Manufacturing Division, GM. (I'm kidding, but concerned all the same)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100202/ap_on_...s_toyota_recall

If they didn't make them in the US they probably wouldn't have the gas pedal problem

The accelerator pedal made in Japan (Denso) is not having sticking issues.

The one made in US/Canada by CTS is sticky.

On a side note, CTS produces accelerator pedals for many manufacturers. Be looking for more recalls from other car companies.

The other recall is to shave to bottom of the pedal. But if you keep the original mat hooked to the floor, and don't double stack your mats, there wouldn't be a problem anyway.

The statement was: Toyota is the best manufacturer of cars on the planet

They never were the best. They were however always in the top 3 to 5, which I think they will still

be in, they just need to work a little hard now. People mention Honda, but I know a quality assurance worker

there that even admits they have let quality go down. As long as they don't start engineering things to purposely

fail (like American car companys did in the 70's) then they will be fine.

If they didn't make them in the US they probably wouldn't have the gas pedal problem

Enough said really... :P

Toyotas range is much larger than Fords, probably not in the US market but on a worldwide scale its range is probably the largest using only the Toyota badge i.e. not including Lexus. I am not that clued up on GM's range as they have too many brands.

And yes they make reliable cars but number 1 manufacturer I am not too sure about.