Good lemon law lawyer in LA?

webster132

Hey, I've just about had it up to here with the trouble on my new Aston Vantage and the dealer and Aston have been much less than helpful. The car has been in the shop for 20+ days out of 2 months of ownership and it's probably now going to show the same issue (condensation on doors) for the 3rd time. As far as I can read it, that's getting close to lemon law standards.

Anyone tried to do a lemon in LA before? I take it that I need to get a lawyer on it. I'd love some suggestions.

I believe with how long yours has been in the shop, if a lawyer send them a letter saying you are pursuing lemon law they may just settle and give in. I know member SLYKMR had his 04 S4 lemon lawed her in Ohio but i dont remember how much shit he went through to get it done. I know he did have a lawyer involved.

I used Kahn & Associates out of Cleveland. Lemon laws differ from state to state but I would say you are getting close to fitting the criteria. Think it was like 30 days here and/or 3 times in for the same problem. Audi gave me all my money back and took the car away after 20k+ in warranty work.

i had the same situation with my 600sl before... Got my money back. Im in CA, but you can search internet for local lemon law lawyers in your area and they will request all the documents pertaining to your problem. Key point, keep ALL records. Have dealer sign all paperwork supporting your claim. If you dont have it, request from dealer all past work documents and forward to the lawyer. They will then take from there and talk to manufacturer for you.

Hey, I've just about had it up to here with the trouble on my new Aston Vantage and the dealer and Aston have been much less than helpful. The car has been in the shop for 20+ days out of 2 months of ownership and it's probably now going to show the same issue (condensation on doors) for the 3rd time. As far as I can read it, that's getting close to lemon law standards.

Anyone tried to do a lemon in LA before? I take it that I need to get a lawyer on it. I'd love some suggestions.

LA as in LOS ANGELES or LOUISIANA?

LA as in LOS ANGELES or LOUISIANA?

This might be the most important question, ever. :-)

California you do not need an attorney. The OE just folds if they THINK you'll file suit in Cali. If you are in LA, they tell you to get in line behind the FEMA misfits.

Seriously though, I've seen countless OE just ditch a perfectly good unit and lose $30K to avoid the California litigation process which ultimately ends up in a $100K loss for them.

This might be the most important question, ever. :-)

California you do not need an attorney. The OE just folds if they THINK you'll file suit in Cali. If you are in LA, they tell you to get in line behind the FEMA misfits.

Seriously though, I've seen countless OE just ditch a perfectly good unit and lose $30K to avoid the California litigation process which ultimately ends up in a $100K loss for them.

California

we bought a jaguar x-type, the first car to come out of the dealership. man it was a headache. it was in the shop for more than 30days in the 6 months we owned the car. on the 2nd to the last visit, we told the manager that if it breaks down again, we will return the car for repairs and won't be picking it up. well, some warning light/ message came on the onboard computer so we brought it in and said that we wanted a new car or a refund or we will write and complain to jaguar NA. well, we ended up getting what we paid for the car (less the taxes) towards an XJR100 which we still have until now.

I made the mistake of buying a new 2000 XJR convertible. I must have been on drugs, the worst car I have ever owned.

It was in the shop for 90 of the 180 days I owned it. Returned it to Jaguar and got my money back, no need for a lawyer.

Basically if I remember correctly the CA lemon law is that the dealership has four tries to fix the same problem in either 12 or 18 months (i forget which) then it is considered a lemon. They offered me another car at cost and I told them to fcuk off.

I made the mistake of buying a new 2000 XJR convertible. I must have been on drugs, the worst car I have ever owned.

It was in the shop for 90 of the 180 days I owned it. Returned it to Jaguar and got my money back, no need for a lawyer.

Basically if I remember correctly the CA lemon law is that the dealership has four tries to fix the same problem in either 12 or 18 months (i forget which) then it is considered a lemon. They offered me another car at cost and I told them to fcuk off.

you mean an xkr?

This is for Los Angeles. I just got the car back again this Friday. Has all the same issues. I wrote the dealer and the company rep and asked them to take the car back or I was going to get started with a lawyer. I hope they just fold and cut me a check.

Sad thing is that I really like that car :(. And there's nothing in the same price range to replace it with that has the same style and comfort. Blah.

Thanks for all the recommendations, though.

I read the lemon law thing for CA. It's 2 times for a safety issue, 4 times for any issue, or 30 days in the shop. I'm at 3 times for 2 separate issues that are still unresolved and 20-some days in the shop (in the first 2.5 months of ownership). Hopefully that's close enough that they'll just go for it.

BTW, just as a contrast. I bought a Panamera S last week. The difference in build quality is staggering. That car is built 1000x better than the Aston.

I'm all for the charm of a handbuilt car, but with Aston hoping to ship 10k units/yr, they can't hide behind that shit any more. I'll take handbuilt quality from a murci or a pagani if there's stellar service and followup, but not from an Aston that bitches and moans just to pick up the tow bill. WTF.

I bought an 07 Vantage brand new. Had nothing but problems too. Aston Martin didn't give a damn. They kiss your ass when you buy one and take a factory tour. Once you have a problem it all changes. LEMON LAW it.

Aston is getting 1 final try to fix the car. They're flying in a tech specifically for it and they gave me reassurance that if they can't fix it, they'll buy the car back. So I'll know next week when I get the car back.