LP570-4 Superleggera

a007apl

Heard it through the grapevine that the Ad Personam in this case does not mean any colour of your choice (like the LP670-4SV) but only matte white, matte black & matte brown and it's a $20K option. Can anyone confirm that or anyone heard something different?

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

> The CCBs on the 560 are MUCH better than the previous generation Gallardo CCBs.

08 SL front CCBs = order number 400615301E and 400615302E

560-4 front CCBs = order number 420615301 and 420615302

08 SL rear CCBs = order number 400615601E and 400615602E

560-4 rear CCBs = order number 420615601 and 420615602

Clearly the 2nd digit ("0" vs "2") is different, but the others are not.

That digit could indicate a re-design/change/improvement... or just

be a way of distinguishing which ones go on which car. 8-)

If I had to bet, I'd say that they're identical -- after all, Lamborghini

just sources them from a supplier.

> I'm not saying this from experience, but I've heard nothing but praise for the ceramics on

> the 560 compared to the older Gallardo CCBs. Now, Lamborghini might have made the

> Superleggera ceramics a bit "sharper" just because of the harder dynamic of this model,

> but I still think they will be nothing like the previous Superleggera "on or off" ceramics.

My 08 SL CCBs aren't "on or off".

They do pack serious stopping power though, and they do not fade.

Which is what they were designed to do. :)

> Heard it through the grapevine that the Ad Personam in this case does not mean any colour of your choice

> (like the LP670-4SV) but only matte white, matte black & matte brown and it's a $20K option.

The "LP 570-4 Superleggera Pricing-Hot off the presses!" thread said:

Nero Noctis - Solid Colours................................ USD 0

Bianco Monocerus - Solid Colours.................... USD 0

Giallo Midas - Three Layers Colours............... USD 0

Arancio Borealis - Three Layers Colours............ USD 0

Verde Ithaca - Three Layers Colours............. USD 0

Grigio Telesto - Three Layers Colours.............. USD 0

Gallardo Exterior Colour - Out of Current Range TBD

Matt Colours (Bianco Canopus - Nero Nemesis - Marrone Apus) TBD

> [570-4 colors]

The green leaves me green with envy, btw.

I do like that better than my black 2008 SL.

On the bright side, it's still nero noctis black... so there's a chance of a 570-4 nose for me... :)

Need your opinion here guys...

IMO, the nose of the car with a black lower portion makes it a bit strange-looking especially on bright-colour cars --- kind of resembles an overbite. :)

Yea or nay on outlining part of the black portion in matching body colour? (Pardon my lack of PShop skills).

53288_lp570_4_3_4_front_40x30_122_469lo.jpg

img_8155.jpg

> Heard it through the grapevine that the Ad Personam in this case does not mean any colour of your choice

> (like the LP670-4SV) but only matte white, matte black & matte brown and it's a $20K option.

The "LP 570-4 Superleggera Pricing-Hot off the presses!" thread said:

Nero Noctis - Solid Colours................................ USD 0

Bianco Monocerus - Solid Colours.................... USD 0

Giallo Midas - Three Layers Colours............... USD 0

Arancio Borealis - Three Layers Colours............ USD 0

Verde Ithaca - Three Layers Colours............. USD 0

Grigio Telesto - Three Layers Colours.............. USD 0

Gallardo Exterior Colour - Out of Current Range TBD

Matt Colours (Bianco Canopus - Nero Nemesis - Marrone Apus) TBD

Thanks. Oh, btw, the Earth is not flat...

Go to your Lambo dealer and read their communique from Lambo SpA. It said "Ad Personam" program available for exterior paint & interior finishes. Normally, Ad Personam means one can choose other colours that's outside of the model's usual range. What I said in my post was: in the case of the new SL, rumour has it that Ad Personam only applies to the 3 matte-finish paint and costs $20k. I.e. you have 9 colours to choose from, 6 are standard & the remaining 3 are in matte finish --- meaning it isn't really Ad Personam and its $$$.

Do you have any details on the improved CCBs? I am ordering a 570 on Saturday, so I have just 1 more day to decide on the options. I am going with just about every option, but I may stick with steel brakes given what I have heard about the poor modulation on the 560 CCBs.

Still trying to decide between Giallo Midas and Arancio Borealis too.

Does everyone prefer the matching calipers? The 570 in the press photos has black calipers, and those look really nice to me.

Sounds cool. Where are you located?

VCR,

The factory will not paint the lower body parts. But you can have them done on your own. The material is apparently tough to work with.

Just placed my order. Getting a green one with interior carbon package, big wing, MMI, mats, and egear. Skipping the CCBs.

Can't wait!!

wow you are fast! congrats..can't wait to see it.

Just placed my order. Getting a green one with interior carbon package, big wing, MMI, mats, and egear. Skipping the CCBs.

Can't wait!!

btw what's the price for the big wing ? and does it affect the performance ?

ermmm..gents, pardon me for a stupid question, but i cant spot the difference of the 560 front bumper with the 570 except that its in black(or CF) any body care to enlighten me? or a more detail pic to show the diff?

will love to see a pic with a big wing as well

Can't wait!!

:icon_fU:

Need your opinion here guys...

IMO, the nose of the car with a black lower portion makes it a bit strange-looking especially on bright-colour cars --- kind of resembles an overbite. :)

Yea or nay on outlining part of the black portion in matching body colour? (Pardon my lack of PShop skills).

Looks good!

My problem with the new car (and all G's) is that you look at it and it looks good (especially the new 570SL), but then you see it next to the 670SV and it looks like the 'short bus' version of the car and like its little brother. Maybe it holds its own more in person, but that (aside from the fitting issue) has alwasy been my problem with the G platform.

My problem with the new car (and all G's) is that you look at it and it looks good (especially the new 570SL), but then you see it next to the 670SV and it looks like the 'short bus' version of the car and like its little brother. Maybe it holds its own more in person, but that (aside from the fitting issue) has alwasy been my problem with the G platform.

Im willing to bet the Super G outperforms the Murci SV

My problem with the new car (and all G's) is that you look at it and it looks good (especially the new 570SL), but then you see it next to the 670SV and it looks like the 'short bus' version of the car and like its little brother. Maybe it holds its own more in person, but that (aside from the fitting issue) has always been my problem with the G platform.

I agree. Even though I like it, it will always look like the little brother that is trying to grow up sitting next to a Murcie. Regardless of its performance.

Im willing to bet the Super G outperforms the Murci SV

In what categories do you think?

Can't wait!!

Nice! So you not getting the blue Balboni then?

btw what's the price for the big wing ? and does it affect the performance ?

The big wing is $6,800 and adds downforce (they don't specify how much, though).

Nice! So you not getting the blue Balboni then?

I haven't been able to find any blue Balbonis for sale and I think the run is over. Still absolutely adore that car, though. Maybe one will pop up for sale used in a few months and it can be snatched up then. I've only seen two blue balbonis in the US. That stick car that the fchatter has and the egear factory demo.

Also looking at the 670SV. Lambo North LA has that orange one incoming. But it kinda depends on what kind of money they would be able to give me for my green coupe and if there's any meaningful discount off MSRP. Oh, and whether the car feels worth 2x640 money.

VCR,

The factory will not paint the lower body parts. But you can have them done on your own. The material is apparently tough to work with.

Thank you! Didn't know about that.

Looks good!

:icon_thumleft:

I agree. Even though I like it, it will always look like the little brother that is trying to grow up sitting next to a Murcie. Regardless of its performance.

Isn't that the form & purpose of the Gallardo/5x0 are though; and in a sense the marketing plan too? The halo car should always have the presence and the overwhelming demeanor. I think the new SL is at least on par with the SV in performance. Here's the plan: get the new SL and drive it for 30 months. By that time, the Murci replacement would have been launched for about a year. All of the initial teething problems would have been quite sorted out already. Then, move up to the new halo car. And if the new car isn't ideal, keep the SL and get a SV also as by that time, its price should be quite reasonable.

:iamwithstupid: and that's why i am always prefer a Murcie.

> The CCBs on the 560 are MUCH better than the previous generation Gallardo CCBs.

08 SL front CCBs = order number 400615301E and 400615302E

560-4 front CCBs = order number 420615301 and 420615302

08 SL rear CCBs = order number 400615601E and 400615602E

560-4 rear CCBs = order number 420615601 and 420615602

Clearly the 2nd digit ("0" vs "2") is different, but the others are not.

That digit could indicate a re-design/change/improvement... or just

be a way of distinguishing which ones go on which car. 8-)

If I had to bet, I'd say that they're identical -- after all, Lamborghini

just sources them from a supplier.

> I'm not saying this from experience, but I've heard nothing but praise for the ceramics on

> the 560 compared to the older Gallardo CCBs. Now, Lamborghini might have made the

> Superleggera ceramics a bit "sharper" just because of the harder dynamic of this model,

> but I still think they will be nothing like the previous Superleggera "on or off" ceramics.

My 08 SL CCBs aren't "on or off".

They do pack serious stopping power though, and they do not fade.

Which is what they were designed to do. :)

Checkout the new April edition of Evo - page 69. They have a piece on the new SL with Maurizio Reggiani, Lambo R & D Chief. He says 'with some conviction' that the car has a very different CCB set up to the 560 and Balboni. They have changed settings for pedal pressure and servo assistance to give a more progressive feel throughout the pedals travel. Woo hoo!

Some other interesting comments on changes to suspension, ESP. No change to e-gear or the exhaust apart from the tips. Maybe they missed a trick in not going for a Ti system a la GT3RS. The extra 10HP is purely from a remap for super octane fuel.

That would only be a problem if you drive them both at once :icon_mrgreen:

I am with Alan the 570 SL will kick some serious ass!