Apple's New iPhone

GBGallardo

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it is just videocalling which the rest of us have been doing for the last 6/7 years? Other then the ability to turn a normal call into facetime on the spot, whereas now we have to hang up and call back?

I love the way Apple can create a new phenomenon out of something that is years old. You get over the video calling very quickly means you can't do anything else whilst on the phone.

So it is just videocalling which the rest of us have been doing for the last 6/7 years? Other then the ability to turn a normal call into facetime on the spot, whereas now we have to hang up and call back?

I love the way Apple can create a new phenomenon out of something that is years old. You get over the video calling very quickly means you can't do anything else whilst on the phone.

You can't even do it anywhere you want, has to be over Wi-Fi only, lol.

i sold half of my appl calls and holding the other half, im being greedy and want alittle more gain on them. calls are the only way to play appl, actually its the only way ive been trading for the past 2 years, options and etfs. once you learn how to trade options, stocks are a waste of time just because of the added security of being able to hedge my positions with options and still comming out in profit regardless of what happends

You can't guarantee profits. You pay for the right to buy/sell a stock in the future at strike price and a premium gets added to the strike price. How much of a premium depends on when the option expiries among other things. With options you can hedge yourself from not loosing a ton of money, but there is always a price you pay for that guarantee.

Guest Rob Burgundy

Well I have the option to go pick up a new I Phone4 32 g today and I have to admit Im a little nervous about giving up the black berry bold with all the things ive been hearing on the news about the problems. Any current owners want to give me a nudge or tell me why I should pass?

Well I have the option to go pick up a new I Phone4 32 g today and I have to admit Im a little nervous about giving up the black berry bold with all the things ive been hearing on the news about the problems. Any current owners want to give me a nudge or tell me why I should pass?

Got the case, still doesnt help. Signal going out all the time. I had a G1 previously and Im about to sale this to a friend and use the G1. I have a Curve 8520 as a business phone, that nothing will trump :)

If you get it, good luck.

Apple has come out saying they weren't measuring the reception levels correctly and thats why it appears to be an issue when you hold your hand on the phone. I think the root of the issue is that AT&T fcuking blows. My iPhone 4 came about 10 minutes ago and I'm setting it up now. Aside from the network, this is an incredible phone. The screen just blows you away.

Apple has come out saying they weren't measuring the reception levels correctly and thats why it appears to be an issue when you hold your hand on the phone. I think the root of the issue is that AT&T fcuking blows. My iPhone 4 came about 10 minutes ago and I'm setting it up now. Aside from the network, this is an incredible phone. The screen just blows you away.

So it sucks at being a phone, yet it is an incredible phone? :lol2:

I have been more than pleased with my EVO 4g after moving from my blackberry tour

Apparantly in tests, the 3G and 3GS have also suffered from this same problem since they were launched. Which means most likely ATT has gotten a very bad rap for call drops that had nothing to do with them, and performance would have been identical on Verizon or any other network.

I've had a 3G for two years and haven't had excessive dropped calls or any other problems. The signal issue is a mountain being made out of a molehill in my opinion as ATT in my particular area, and the iPhone itself, have exceeded my expectations even if judged purely as a phone.

Guest Rob Burgundy
Apparantly in tests, the 3G and 3GS have also suffered from this same problem since they were launched. Which means most likely ATT has gotten a very bad rap for call drops that had nothing to do with them, and performance would have been identical on Verizon or any other network.

I've had a 3G for two years and haven't had excessive dropped calls or any other problems. The signal issue is a mountain being made out of a molehill in my opinion as ATT in my particular area, and the iPhone itself, have exceeded my expectations even if judged purely as a phone.

Are you planning on picking up the 4?

Are you planning on picking up the 4?

Absolutely, just waiting on white to become available.

You guys on the fence may be overthinking it a bit. Most of those "1.7M" iPhone 4s sold last week were to repeat iPhone customers. What does that tell you? They're extremely happy with the product, the call quality, the network, and everything else, enough to re-enlist another two years without any hesitation whatsoever.

I fall into that category as my contract is up. I can opt for any phone or service I want, and yet it's not even a question, the iPhone 4 is the only choice worth considering for my specific needs. My needs are all pleasure/entertainment based. If your needs are business/enterprise, then perhaps a Blackberry is the right solution. Otherwise the iPhone is an easy choice, even after testing a few alternatives and playing with my friends' phones.

Guest Rob Burgundy

I think I am over thinking it. Three close friends have it now and they all say they havent had a single problem and love it. fcuk it,Its $299 Ill go try it out.

Ive got a friend with 2 terabytes of music and videos,I think Ill hook it up to his computer and download some choice stuff

I think I am over thinking it. Three close friends have it now and they all say they havent had a single problem and love it. fcuk it,Its $299 Ill go try it out.

Ive got a friend with 2 terabytes of music and videos,I think Ill hook it up to his computer and download some choice stuff

Had it for awhile and zero problems so far......

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />