Apple's New iPhone

GBGallardo

Looking at that letter, I feel like *it* might be fake itself. It's on almost ten-year-old Apple stationary and the fonts don't even match up with current Apple standard letterheads.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at that letter, I feel like *it* might be fake itself. It's on almost ten-year-old Apple stationary and the fonts don't even match up with current Apple standard letterheads.

:iamwithstupid:a. It does.

I'm just waiting to June. Anyone have tips of getting out of a Verizon contract without penalty?

I love my iPhone, best phone ever :icon_thumleft:

I spend a lot of time on the phone most of the phones I had before the iPhone only lasted me a max of 400 hours of talk time after that it was time to bin it, speakers went on them various functions stopped working etc, I've tried them all, Nokia, Ericsson, Siemens, Phillips etc I have about 600 hours on my current phone and its running strong.

Thanks for this news...lol now i feel dumb..i just bought a new iPhone 3GS today..arghhhhh

didn't like it at first..was like a mac..but then..i kinda like it now..but i still hate the typing..btw i think the only reason i like it is becos i can surf Lambopower on it! WOOT

Thanks for this news...lol now i feel dumb..i just bought a new iPhone 3GS today..arghhhhh

didn't like it at first..was like a mac..but then..i kinda like it now..but i still hate the typing..btw i think the only reason i like it is becos i can surf Lambopower on it! WOOT

Return it!

I am THINKING about getting it. But...2.5k for the life of the phone service, compared to 2.5k for 4 years of regular service? I'll pass. Although it comes in handy, I don't need half of the phone's features.

Depends on how cool it is though. I like what Google has been doing. Maybe I'll hold out for the Nexus 2.

Oh and this cute story about losing the prototype in a bar is total BS, nothing more than clever viral marketing from apple.

Oh and this cute story about losing the prototype in a bar is total BS, nothing more than clever viral marketing from apple.

Nothing could be further from the truth. You don't kill the sale of existing 3GS inventory to hype a future product that won't be out for months. No need, not when they just announced 9M iPhones sold last quarter.

This is one conspiracy theory that does not hunt, anyone familiar with Apple's corporate culture understands that this is the furthest thing possible from a leak.

I love my iPhone, best phone ever :icon_thumleft:

I spend a lot of time on the phone most of the phones I had before the iPhone only lasted me a max of 400 hours of talk time after that it was time to bin it, speakers went on them various functions stopped working etc, I've tried them all, Nokia, Ericsson, Siemens, Phillips etc I have about 600 hours on my current phone and its running strong.

Blackberry.

My Bold cost me 2x the price of an iPhone, but I went with the BB. iPhone looks like a cool/fun phone, but for e-mail, nothing can touch the BB.

Nothing could be further from the truth. You don't kill the sale of existing 3GS inventory to hype a future product that won't be out for months. No need, not when they just announced 9M iPhones sold last quarter.

This is one conspiracy theory that does not hunt, anyone familiar with Apple's corporate culture understands that this is the furthest thing possible from a leak.

Do you think that Apple would allow a young engineer to carry a prototype product around with him wherever he wants? That would be literally just ASKING to leak it out. Everything I know about Apple suggests that they are crazy about protecting their IP and upcoming product info, they always want to be in total control of the news.

Blackberry.

My Bold cost me 2x the price of an iPhone, but I went with the BB. iPhone looks like a cool/fun phone, but for e-mail, nothing can touch the BB.

I have a Bold and an iPhone 3G, perfect combo IMO.

Apple's market share tends to disagree with you.

I love my iphone...

Errrr, hold on a second guys.

I never said the phones were BAD. I simply said people make them BETTER than they actually are. That is all..I don't have an issue with the products as much as I do with the people who use them.

Put it this way.

I have the same issue with MANY (not ALL) iPhone users, similar to the way Allan and many here do not like Ferrari people!

We both respect the product in general, they're decent cars over all, but it's the people using them that make them seem less than stellar, but we know they're good products!

I use the Curve and Ipod Touch, Curve is going in for an upgrade to a 9700.

As for the actual thing, I'm betting that Apple knows the market is now saturated and very few sales are going to be made in comparison to the 9 million, and people will wait for the new one to come out to HOLD OUT and get it, or to get the older iphone at a cheaper price.

That said, they're in that stage four thing, so it was time to reveal a new item to get people hyped.

Blackberry.

What does a BB do better for email? Everyone says it, but never explains what it does that makes it better.

Do you think that Apple would allow a young engineer to carry a prototype product around with him wherever he wants? That would be literally just ASKING to leak it out. Everything I know about Apple suggests that they are crazy about protecting their IP and upcoming product info, they always want to be in total control of the news.

Yes, they would. I remember the first iPhone prototype ever first being spotted on a BART train. The best ideas come from real world use. I'm pretty sure this was an accidental leak.

Do you think that Apple would allow a young engineer to carry a prototype product around with him wherever he wants?

Yes, absolutely. Real world testing this close to launch is typical and something Apple has done many many many times previously with each generation of the iPhone.

But again, and most importantly, you don't kill the sales of products already in the channel for a future product that is months away from launch. They have never done this previously, and with record sales last quarter there is no need to change their PR policy now. Look within this thread alone and there are already three people pissed off that they purchased a 3GS within the past few months only to find out about the HD this week. This week will feature record returns for the iPhone at their retail stores most likely, but what can you do, mistakes happen.

Read this and put yourself in the know, good little summary: http://gizmodo.com/5520746/apple-didnt-lea...hy-that-matters

Yes, absolutely. Real world testing this close to launch is typical and something Apple has done many many many times previously with each generation of the iPhone.

But again, and most importantly, you don't kill the sales of products already in the channel for a future product that is months away from launch. They have never done this previously, and with record sales last quarter there is no need to change their PR policy now. Look within this thread alone and there are already three people pissed off that they purchased a 3GS within the past few months only to find out about the HD this week. This week will feature record returns for the iPhone at their retail stores most likely, but what can you do, mistakes happen.

Read this and put yourself in the know, good little summary: http://gizmodo.com/5520746/apple-didnt-lea...hy-that-matters

most people know a new improved iPhone comes out EVERY summer right?

What does a BB do better for email? Everyone says it, but never explains what it does that makes it better.

A lot of people bitch because of they can't compile each mailbox into one and you can't currently have more than one outlook mailbox.

BUT, I watched the preview for the iPhone 4.0 OS and the mailbox has some vast improvements including those above missing features.

most people know a new improved iPhone comes out EVERY summer right?

You'd think, but the reality is surprising (as this thread shows).

I would bet that 90%+ of their buyers have no clue when anything comes out, don't follow tech sites at all, and don't watch Apple keynotes.

I'm as shocked as anyone about the cluelessness of even young consumers regarding product timelines and launch dates but we see the same thing in the exotic car world all the time. Lack of information on the part of the consumer is always a surprise to those who do follow the details.

plus the "hard case" found on this prototype was designed to HIDE the cosmetic changes of the new HD phone. the external case made it look like the INCASE SLIDE cases for the 3G/GS phones. i definitely think this was phone being used for testing probably.

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4702806_email...blackberry.html

http://communication.howstuffworks.com/blackberry.htm

iPhone is getting better with OS4, but the BB has one mail box for all messages, along with separate mail boxes, awesome search, compressing e-mails before it gets sent to the phone, easy configuration of any e-mail account, you can write e-mails on a REAL keyboard. BB is also VERY secure.

Take a look at the links. I don't think I have ever missed an e-mail on my BB. I have friends with iPhones/HTC/Nokia where I sent them an email and it never showed up on the phone.

The better e-mail solution isn't just about the device itself, but how it's managed. Nothing comes close to the BB from an administrative standpoint.