Apple's New iPhone

GBGallardo

Woohoo...

I am on the list to pay for my iphone 4 on tuesday!

When I get it june 24th will report my views on it.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohoo...

I am on the list to pay for my iphone 4 on tuesday!

When I get it june 24th will report my views on it.

and your avatar says Blackberry :icon_mrgreen:

Whenever a new iPhone is about to come out, my current one goes haywire! WTF!!!

It knows!!! :lol2:

SO true. Today mine started acting up! WTF? Conspiracy.... not necessary since I was going to get it anyway :)

SO true. Today mine started acting up! WTF? Conspiracy.... not necessary since I was going to get it anyway :)

Same! :lol2:

Pre-order from AT&T. Apple's website has been under siege since 4AM EST!

Getting an error unable to complete the request there too. This is a sign I should be patient and wait for white :)

You pick one up Paul?

Apple but I ordered REALLY early this morning!

Gizmodo is currently reporting that AT&T's servers died and Apple and AT&T both use that system for this process. One report said ONE pre-order was coming through the system per 20 minutes. :icon_hang:

I've also heard that Best Buy can take your pre-order NOT using AT&T's server and it will work seamlessly but I think you may have to visit a store to do so.

Apple but I ordered REALLY early this morning!

Gizmodo is currently reporting that AT&T's servers died and Apple and AT&T both use that system for this process. One report said ONE pre-order was coming through the system per 20 minutes. :icon_hang:

I've also heard that Best Buy can take your pre-order NOT using AT&T's server and it will work seamlessly but I think you may have to visit a store to do so.

Apparently also people are lining up outside apple stores to Preorder! Man apple is masterful at creating the WANT.

The whole waiting in line and rushing to get it business just boggles my mind. Just WAIT A FEW WEEKS and you'll be able to get one with no hassle!! Do people really NEED to upgrade NOW?!

People are nuts.

Apparently also people are lining up outside apple stores to Preorder! Man apple is masterful at creating the WANT.

I got up this morning at about 3:30 am mountain time to take a piss and decided to see if I could get the phone. After 3 failed attempts at Apple's store I successfully got through with AT&T

The whole waiting in line and rushing to get it business just boggles my mind. Just WAIT A FEW WEEKS and you'll be able to get one with no hassle!! Do people really NEED to upgrade NOW?!

People are nuts.

No but they want to.

What's wrong with being excited about something? Are you telling me there is nothing in your life you look forward to?

Wow, I'm getting one, but I didn't try to pre order it at all, lol. I'm sure I'll be able to get one at the apple store or at&t when it comes out..not really sweating it nor need it asap. They units will be there.

I know, I know. Might be impossible to keep up demand considering all the innovative, revolutionary, futuristic technology packed into this phone.

Do you think that the white iPhone really isn't ready to be delivered or do you think Apple has some scheme going on? Like sell as many black ones at first then ship the white iphones? Because at the WWDC event where they announced the iPhone last week, all of the hands on devices for the press that I saw on youtube were white. So it's not like they haven't made any...

Anyone else get this after ordering?

Date: Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Subject: Your att.com order has been canceled

To: Paul Milligan

Dear PAUL MILLIGAN,

Thank you for choosing AT&T.

Unfortunately, we were either unable to verify the information you provided or you have exceeded the number of lines of service that we allow customers to purchase online. As a result, your order has been canceled.

If you would like to purchase additional lines of service, please visit one of our AT&T retail locations and present your identification to our representatives. They will be happy to help you purchase new wireless devices, accessories, and service.

Go to att.com/storelocator to find a store near you.

We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you.

Thank you.

AT&T

I know I was eligible and I have not "exceeded the number of lines" either. WTF?!?! :frocket:

Guest SP-superJay
Do you think that the white iPhone really isn't ready to be delivered or do you think Apple has some scheme going on? Like sell as many black ones at first then ship the white iphones? Because at the WWDC event where they announced the iPhone last week, all of the hands on devices for the press that I saw on youtube were white. So it's not like they haven't made any...

I'm sure it's a marketing tactic that Apple is using. White is the classic color of all Apple products, and they know the demand for the white casing will be far greater than the black casing since the black is "old news" due to the several generations that have already been out. It's all hype to me, but I have my pre-order in through a contact of mine :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

I'm wondering this as well. Because when the 3G launched two years ago with similar demand there was massive overstock on white. I remember being able to order or pickup a white 8GB or 16GB unit without a problem during the first two weeks even when the black version was sold out nationwide for a full month+.

We'll see what happens, but I have to go white because of having horrible OCD tendencies on fingerprints. The white fools my brain into thinking the phone is "clean" and doesn't need an alcohol wipe every goddamned hour... :lol2: :lol2:

I'm sure it's a marketing tactic that Apple is using. White is the classic color of all Apple products, and they know the demand for the white casing will be far greater than the black casing since the black is "old news" due to the several generations that have already been out. It's all hype to me, but I have my pre-order in through a contact of mine :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

I thought this as well, but apparantly the black has outsold the white in both the 3G and 3GS by a factor of 4 to 1. I think they're just protecting against overstock this time and prioritizing the black appropriately.

Frankly there should be multiple colors at launch ala the iPod line with as many units as this thing sells...

Guest SP-superJay
We'll see what happens, but I have to go white because of having horrible OCD tendencies on fingerprints. The white fools my brain into thinking the phone is "clean" and doesn't need an alcohol wipe every goddamned hour... :lol2: :lol2:

Supposedly the new glass is fingerprint free?? :eusa_think: I sure hope so, cause my 3G is fingerprint laden!!!