CONGRATS PEAK/HEFFY 266.938MPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TURBOALEX

Yes, but dropping the compression ratio is so simple. I have had plans for 2000 Crank HP out of my car for almost 3 years.

and up with a chassis/frame looking like a pretzel? From what everyone says I don't think the Murci frame can handle that sort of power.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and up with a chassis/frame looking like a pretzel? From what everyone says I don't think the Murci frame can handle that sort of power.

That too is an ultra-easy fix.

I'm fortunate, I have connections to people who know how to and can do that sort of thing. For most people, it would be a nightmare, I agree.

That too is an ultra-easy fix.

I'm fortunate, I have connections to people who know how to and can do that sort of thing. For most people, it would be a nightmare, I agree.

Well you let us know when you get that three year plan done. Until then, I'll get excited when an ultra easy to do murci gets within 50 mph of these two gt's. :lol:

Congrats Ray and Jason! That's one hell of a car you've got there!!

Well you let us know when you get that three year plan done. Until then, I'll get excited when an ultra easy to do murci gets within 50 mph of these two gt's. :lol:

:iamwithstupid:

I am totally onboard with your enthusiasm; however, you are completely wrong with your statement.

oh come on Dave, a good dose of the Nationalism Fallacy is good for the internet forums! :lol2:

Seems most are saying the Miami mile is not for records as they have failed multiple times to create a accurate event. Regardless of whether Peak ran in the 250's or 280's Heffner and Peak created one heck of a missle. Congrats to both and hope to see a similar showing at texas again as that will be the only place records will be likely accepted.

Miami is the place for records as it is a better track. This event was using some sort of radar equipment. There is another event at the same track that uses the same equipment as Texas setup by the same people.

Texas mile is obsolete IMO. Why go to a 1 stoplight town in Podunk Texas when you can come to Miami for a weekend and be on the beach Saturday, and be in your car running 270mph on Sunday. Stay in some great Resorts, eat at zagat rated restaurants, etc.

2 HUGE numbers today

266.9-Heffner

267-Performance power

congrats to all!!!!!!!!!

Very glad everyone is okay too!!

I thought 255 was all the PP GT ran????? I think your facts are wrong.

Texas mile is obsolete IMO. Why go to a 1 stoplight town in Podunk Texas when you can come to Miami for a weekend and be on the beach Saturday, and be in your car running 270mph on Sunday. Stay in some great Resorts, eat at zagat rated restaurants, etc.

Obsolete?

picard-sigh.jpg

I thought 255 was all the PP GT ran????? I think your facts are wrong.

Read the thread Joe. :icon_thumleft:

I'm not disputing ANY times just reposting from another forum....................

R. Holt ran a 232 according to the event, but ALL times were off by 10 MPH. Eveyone, UR, Hefner, and Performance Power all complained that time was off. Besides them, all other people said the same thing.

UR packed up and left after a while since it was a complete and total joke. That was a classic move and sent a message to E. Rally that when they decide to charge $450 per car and $50 PP, they should at least get the equipment right, but I DID WARN ALL OF YOU!!!

Brian Stormer who has a F GT has a pully and tune. He ran low 190s at Top Gun Run and high 180s in Texas. On 2 of his printouts, it showed his quartermile time, quatermile MPH, Mile Time to be almost identical. But he gained 20 MPH! He ran a 203!!!! On a pully and tune?? Brian laughed and knew that was BS.

A Plastic mess-06 that runs 184s all day long, gets a printout of his car that had a run of 192?? The owner thought it was a joke.

Ray had an unbelievable run, and E. Rally had no time for them!! What a joke.

No disrespect to Jason and Ray, but all the times were off. NONE of it can be verified or trusted. Period.

Then again, what did you expect from E. Rally? This was a club event, not a competitive event.

Obsolete?

picard-sigh.jpg

Yup. Unless Miami gets shut down, I would see no reason for people to go to Texas. Of course that is unless they live there or don't feel like making the hike from California.

As ALL have stated, Miami is a better track, better location, better city, etc.

Now this is why the Texas Mile is NOT obsolete. :eusa_naughty:

read my quoted post above

Agreed in that respect. That would equivalent to saying that the Texas Mile is not worth it due to someone else running an event at Goliad other than the Texas Mile organizers. Just because one event wasn't to people's standards does NOT mean that that track is not the best to run at, or other events arent up to par with Texas.

Miami track seems great.....no argument there.

this event seems to have had timing issues. Didn't the last event there have questions on the distance being correct as well?

Also, the Texas Mile shutdown is short compared to Miami. Peak and the G's were running the TM and did not use their chutes at 250mph. For now the TM can still handle the speeds these guys are putting up.........without using chutes.

I'm just sayin'

Miami track seems great.....no argument there.

this event seems to have had timing issues. Didn't the last event there have questions on the distance being correct as well?

Also, the Texas Mile shutdown is short compared to Miami. Peak and the G's were running the TM and did not use their chutes at 250mph. For now the TM can still handle the speeds these guys are putting up.........without using chutes.

I'm just sayin'

Not sure as I wasn't at the last event, but I have seen at every event in Miami that I have been to at the end of the event to see what peoples real top speed is. Not to try and get fake numbers out of the cars.

It is for fun-not for records.

Timing issues, complaints, recap.

Absolutely there were timing issues for the first 1/2 of the day.

History: We arrived at the Airport 5am to begin setting up the timing system. Due to Ray's Jet landing at 7am we needed to wait until then to actually place all the traps in their proper place. Once landed we proceeded to setup the system completely. Everything was measured accurately and it was tested as well, compared with vBox and was completely functioning properly.

8am, Jason Heffner approached me with an issue regarding the placement of the timing system and that the 'lane' was running over painted stripes which could potentially cause a major hazard and someone could lose control and he had experienced this first hand on Thursday when they were test running on the same airstrip.

Immediately I instructed my timing tech to relocate the lane where there was no painted markings. Unbeknownst to me he did NOT remeasure the mile but simply moved it across the strip. I think we all know that it is almost impossible to laterally move such items and have them in the exact same location with the same measurements. Admittedly I should have supervised and/or measured it myself for accuracy as it plays such an important role in an event of this nature.

All the runs from 9am - 1pm were off by a margin of approximately 9 mph. Once we broke for lunch, we re-measured the mile and the traps and were able to adjust it accurately and since our timing system records all of the readings on the hard drive we were able to populate the correct times in the records. We then printed out the time slips and people commented that their vBox readings were matching the times displayed on the time slips.

I ran my personal car 3 times through the traps setting the cruise control at 60/75/82 and each time the system came back with 100% accurate readings after is was recalibrated.

The second half of the day - the readings were accurate. There were however a few that did NOT read at all or completely wrong due to a few spectators blocking one of the antenna's at the starting line which caused a false reading.

As I am still in Miami for another day, I am sorting through all of the times and editing the names that were spelled wrong in the system so that everyone has accurate timing slips with their name and vehicle type. I will be mailing originals to those who request and or email them as well.

Unfortunately with electronics as well as cars there is a margin or failure. However I did my best to make sure it was resolved. At the end of the day most were happy with the accuracy of the timing equipment and I apologize to those who were not.

As far as comments regarding the price of the event. To address this, all I can say is that we strive to keep our events on a certain level, attracting a great quality of participants and cars as well. Much goes into this event, including but not limited too, Airport Rental, Insurance, Permits, Rescue Team, Tents, Portable Toilets, Advertising, Promotional Gifts, Rain Event insurance (which would reimburse everyone had in rained) And many more items not listed. At the end of the day everyone makes a choice, if you don't like the price, don't participate. I think that's pretty simple.

Lastly, I truly appreciate everyone's participation, sponsorships, and vendors that participated. Special thanks to my close friends Slavik and Bobby who at the last minute filled in for employees that that had an emergency in the morning and could not come that were carpooling. At the end of the day, it was a great turnout and people had fun, got sunburned, and went home with their stomachs full. I know that I am hurting today with all of the above, it was a very long and at times stressful day.

Thank you again - and congrats to Ray/Heffner for an incredible time.

Seth Rose, Pres - ER

ps - If anyone lost their Florida Tag that ends in KPH I have it and it was found on the runway upside down at the end of the day.

One more closing comment - I am very grateful that everyone went home in one piece and there were no casualties of any kind. At these speeds it is a factor that must be realized and one more event has passed with even higher speeds. When does it end? I don't know - hopefully with comradere amongst the tuners and not tragedy.

I want to say this was either 259 or 262 from thursday. The visible difference between say 245 and 260+ is huge.

So Peak flys his own jet in and lands on the runway... ballin!

Actually his pilot flew the plane - very - very nice people. Complete gentleman and first class all the way.

located the owner of the license plate.... thanks