722's

Falken

Just looking for a quick answer...how many 722 coupes were made? if anyone new the color break down of the production that would be cool too.

while we're at it i might as well find out how many 722 convertibles were made as well. i'm interested to know what percentage of the SLR production wears the 722 badge.

Thanks.

Just looking for a quick answer...how many 722 coupes were made? if anyone new the color break down of the production that would be cool too.

while we're at it i might as well find out how many 722 convertibles were made as well. i'm interested to know what percentage of the SLR production wears the 722 badge.

Thanks.

Here is some of that info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_SLR_McLaren

Not totaly off topic but I did a few pulls in a reg SLR and motor wise it sounded and felt along the lines with a GT500 or 03-04 Cobra. Nice car with alot of blower noise.. That would be the part I like best. :)

Not totaly off topic but I did a few pulls in a reg SLR and motor wise it sounded and felt along the lines with a GT500 or 03-04 Cobra. Nice car with alot of blower noise.. That would be the part I like best. :)

What do you mean by did a few pulls? You mean it sounded like Gt500, or was as fast as one? Because sound wise its not comparable, nor is it speed wise.

What do you mean by did a few pulls? You mean it sounded like Gt500, or was as fast as one? Because sound wise its not comparable, nor is it speed wise.

:iamwithstupid:

The SLR sounds like a chainsaw ripping through a baby nursery. To compare any aspect of it to a Ford Mustang is reprehensible.

Yeah the wikipedia info was a little strange though...under 722 it didnt say anything about production numbers...but then under 722s it said a limited number of 150 coupes were made...but i thought 722s' were all convertibles. i posted what it says below:

722 Edition

The Mercedes-Benz 722 Edition features some upgraded styling.

SLR McLaren 722 Roadster Variant.A new version was introduced in 2006 called the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition. The "722" refers to the victory by Stirling Moss and his co-driver Denis Jenkinson in a Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR with the starting number 722 (indicating a start time of 7:22 a.m.) at the Mille Miglia in 1955.

The "722 Edition" includes an engine rated 650 PS (480 kW; 640 hp)@6500rpm and 820 N·m (600 lb·ft)@4000rpm, with top speed of 338 km/h (210 mph) (3 km/h (1.9 mph)[citation needed] faster than the standard SLR). 19-inch light-alloy wheels were used to reduce unsprung weight, while modifications were also made to the suspension, with a stiffer damper setup and 10 mm (0.39 in) lower ride height introduced for improved handling. Larger 390 mm (15 in) diameter front brakes and a revised front air dam and rear diffuser were fitted.[8]

Exterior changes, other than the larger 19-inch (480 mm) black light-alloy wheels, include red "722" badging, harking back to the original 722 racer, and slightly different taillights and headlamps.

The SLR 722 can go from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.6 seconds, 200 km/h (120 mph) in 10.2 seconds and 300 km/h (190 mph) in 29.6 seconds and can reach a top speed of 338 km/h (210 mph).

Roadster

2008 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren roadsterA roadster version of the SLR went on sale in September 2007 for £350,000 ($534 485 U.S.). It uses the same supercharged V8 AMG power plant as its coupé siblings, developing 626 PS (460 kW; 617 hp), to propel it to a top speed of 332 km/h (206 mph) and enable 0-100 km/h (62 mph) acceleration time of 3.8 seconds.

However, as a convertible the roadster was burdened with extra weight and this affected performance and handling. The Roadster's roof is made from a "newly developed material" and does not take the form of a folding metal arrangement, as is now common on many modern cars. Following a manual unlatching, it takes a mere ten seconds to fold away electrically. According to an official document from Mercedes, the cabin of the roadster is capable of allowing conversation between driver and passenger up to a speed of 200 km/h (120 mph) with the roof retracted. This roadster is aimed to compete against other sports cars such as the Pagani Zonda F Roadster.[9]

Roadster 722 S (2009)

A limited edition (150 units) of the 722 coupe. It can reach 100 km/h (62 mph) from standstill in 3.7 seconds and has top speed of 335 km/h (208 mph).

The model went on sale on 2009-01-01.[10

So are there only 150 722's? including coupes, convertibles and 722s models?

Wikipedia is often times wrong. Multiple times I've entered SLR information only to come back and see someone has deleted it or substituted in incorrect data.

Yeah the wikipedia info was a little strange though...under 722 it didnt say anything about production numbers...but then under 722s it said a limited number of 150 coupes were made...but i thought 722s' were all convertibles. i posted what it says below:

So are there only 150 722's? including coupes, convertibles and 722s models?

I know the double deuce is NOT only in convertible. A guy down the street used to take his out 2-3 times a week, it was a coupe, badass gunmetal grey, exposed carbonfib splitter, red 722 letters and stock dark rims, pretty mean touches.

There were 3 variants of the 722: 722coupe, 722roadster and Roadster 722S

There were only 150 ROADSTER 722S built. but I can't find how many total SLR 722 models were built (I'd assume around 200 more or less each year since regular SLRs were 261-275 built per year).

I know the double deuce is NOT only in convertible. A guy down the street used to take his out 2-3 times a week, it was a coupe, badass gunmetal grey, exposed carbonfib splitter, red 722 letters and stock dark rims, pretty mean touches.

There is one like that sitting in the Chicago Mercedes dealership off of Clark near Division.

They made both coupe and convertible. BMWRACER had a coupe. There is another Canadian board member here that also has a coupe I believe. I was told that only 24 were made available to the US market of each version. Take that with a grain of salt.

There were 3 variants of the 722: 722coupe, 722roadster and Roadster 722S

There were only 150 ROADSTER 722S built. but I can't find how many total SLR 722 models were built (I'd assume around 200 more or less each year since regular SLRs were 261-275 built per year).

i thought the 722s was the only version of the roadster, they just put the s on for all the roadsters and the coupe was just plain 722

Thats what i always thought too.

so no one has a definitive number?...i would have thought this would have been easy considering the love the SLR gets on this board...and the owners we have on here.

722 coupes: ???

722S: 150

i thought the 722s was the only version of the roadster, they just put the s on for all the roadsters and the coupe was just plain 722

I too thought this as well....

One of the US 722 Coupes was in Toronto, for the record. I ran into it (not literally) back in September. I don't remember how many miles it had, but it wasn't very many. It was going for about 450 I believe...

They made both coupe and convertible. BMWRACER had a coupe. There is another Canadian board member here that also has a coupe I believe. I was told that only 24 were made available to the US market of each version. Take that with a grain of salt.

Officcialt from MB, 150 722 coupes, 24 to US 3 to Canada.

So using BMWRACER and wikipedia's info there are 150 722 coupes and 150 722S's...for a total of 300 722 variants not counting the 722GT racers. that make 722's a pretty significant percentage of the overall SLR production.

I'm surprised that of 150 coupes only 27 came to North America...given that America is such a large market for exotics i would have expected half or more to reside in America.

BMWRACER...you wouldnt happen to know the color break down of the 722's would you? given that you own one i'd expect you'd probably know more than anyone.