Question: GTT or any car under 500k?

SV-N-IT

After driving my UGR GTT I can't think of any other car that would be more fun. There may be better "cars" in terms of this and that. But when you have them in a line and you can choose the key of wich one to drive... It's hard not to go for for the UGR GTT.

Now the car I would most like to see built up is a Porsche CGT with the Underground TT set up. That would be epic.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant think of any I would want instead of the GTT, but there are plenty I would have in addition to a GTT.

I have tracked mine a couple of times, you don't want to go out with high boost, the twisty solution is to turn it down, dial in around 550 whp max.

thank you Mr Vroom that was the answer I was looking for.

Wow no love for a TT Ferrari or even a TT FGT? Is it the lack of AWD in those cars?

F430 is a joke, no point to even discuss that aging 2004 platform at this price point since you can't get it anywhere close to the power levels we're talking about.

The FGT though is worthy for sure, plenty of owners of the car here along with a few monster FGT-TTs.

For me personally at those power levels AWD would be mandatory for enjoying the car in a relatively safe way. Don't like driving anything with an egg under the accelerator, just my preference.

With speed cameras all over the place I would say a Drophead wouldn't be a bad choice. Maybe a TT'd Drophead! :headbang:

Thank you Captain Obvious :lol2: Thought we might have been on a car guy thread hence the question of the thread. :eusa_think:

I consider myself to be a car guy... And I consider myself to be an open minded car guy.. I love Lambo, but as many know Im not shy about speaking my mind about some of the bullshit they pull. That being said, NOT considering a Ferrari TT, doesnt make one NOT a carguy. Personally for the most part I dont find 99% of Ferraris any more exciting than a common place Corvette. I would FAR prefer to have a Porsche 997TT over any Ferrari (except an Enzo or F40). Id rather look @a well made modified Supra, or GTR over most Ferraris. I find a Lotus Esprit to be more exciting than a Ferrari... would rather have a Pantera GTS over most old Ferraris... Ive owned 2 Ferrari 308/328's, and 2 Acura NSX... I still see value in an NSX..non in the Fcars... Etc etc

On another note, what the GTT does which kills every other car is that inmo, the first thing you want to feel in an exotic is the power.... after the GTT, nothing will impress whether it be 500K, or a 2 Mill CCXR, or Veyron..

I consider myself to be a car guy... And I consider myself to be an open minded car guy.. I love Lambo, but as many know Im not shy about speaking my mind about some of the bullshit they pull. That being said, NOT considering a Ferrari TT, doesnt make one NOT a carguy. Personally for the most part I dont find 99% of Ferraris any more exciting than a common place POS. I would FAR prefer to have a Porsche 997TT over any Ferrari (except an Enzo or F40). Id rather look @a well made modified Supra, or GTR over most Ferraris. I find a Lotus Esprit to be more exciting than a Ferrari... would rather have a Pantera GTS over most old Ferraris... Ive owned 2 Ferrari 308/328's, and 2 Acura NSX... I still see value in an NSX..non in the Fcars... Etc etc

I think you took what I wrote the wrong way. I did not say that if someone didnt like car x he wasnt a car guy. I merely stated that it sounded like a car guy thread so any car other than a Lambo could be discussed though it is a Lambo specific forum.

Ag02M5 post kinda implied that the board/thread cant be unbiased because its a Lambo board..Of course I know better than that as Ive been here long enough to know who is open minded and who isnt. My post was more tongue in cheek than serious.

Mako I concur on the AWD being the thing to have with these power levels. Only rwd car I see being a problem for the GTT is the FGT. I guess its mid engined layout helps it put the power down better than other rwd-ers like the Viper/Supra that make similar power as both GTT and FGT. I wouldnt so much think of the TT Ferrari's I mentioned as replacements for a GTT in the fullest sense. Its really hard to outdo that G package from Lambo. So I think a TT anything would be just for someone looking for a change from a GTT and not necessarily a better platform.

+1 on a TT CGT that was mentioned.

Caparo T1 unsurprisingly, MP4-12C, MAYBE an MT900 I'd have to see one in person. Gumpert Apollos I've seen are a little over 500K but if Id take one of those too.

Honestly, the biggest thing that has surprised me about the TTG's is how long they are taking to sell when people start advertising. Sure the economy is not the best, but people are still buying exotics.

Sprites TTSL is arguably the nicest SL in the country, and it has taken a while to sell. It does have some miles, but it is still in good shape.

RedGTS's 2004 UGR TT car has been listed at $139,000 for months and nobody has touched it. Again it has miles, but it is impeccably clean, and has nice upgrades.

Alex's TTSL same thing IMO (except without high miles). Although haven't checked if it sold.

do you guys think it is because people don't know enough about them, or they worry about reliability?

Those cars should have been sold as soon as they were listed.

On another note, what the GTT does which kills every other car is that inmo, the first thing you want to feel in an exotic is the power.... after the GTT, nothing will impress whether it be 500K, or a 2 Mill CCXR, or Veyron..

After owning all sorts of go fast cars I agree... You will be tainted forever as nothing will come close in power.

R8 V10 TT

@Fortis: If it's the twisty roads that you like, a TT kit would be of no use. It would simply add weight and unusable power. Better investment would be suspension, tires, aero, and weight reduction.

I think it depends what and how you'd use it as well as where you are. a GTT or LP560TT are really cool but if you have no place to really let the power go, you're just kind of wasting it. Here in Canada, we don't get too many open roads to unleash 1000hp and tracks are far enough way that you can't make it all the time.

I don't see me taking it to a track since I don't see me having time. And the only road where I could use it would be 401, which cops would have a helicopter following me to make sure I don't creep over at all, so again 1000hp is useless to me. If i lived in an area where I could unleash the power from time to time, it might be fun. That said, I'd still get one even though I just said it's a pure waste. I understand it's appeal!

I'd probably go with an Aston Martin DBS though.

Honestly, the biggest thing that has surprised me about the TTG's is how long they are taking to sell when people start advertising. Sure the economy is not the best, but people are still buying exotics.

Sprites TTSL is arguably the nicest SL in the country, and it has taken a while to sell. It does have some miles, but it is still in good shape.

RedGTS's 2004 UGR TT car has been listed at $139,000 for months and nobody has touched it. Again it has miles, but it is impeccably clean, and has nice upgrades.

Alex's TTSL same thing IMO (except without high miles). Although haven't checked if it sold.

do you guys think it is because people don't know enough about them, or they worry about reliability?

One thing keeping me from buying a used TT is not knowing the builders personally and not having gone through the process. My knowledge is very limited about TTs and buying a used TT will not help that.

That goes hand in hand with nerves about reliability I suppose of a used TT.

One thing keeping me from buying a used TT is not knowing the builders personally and not having gone through the process. My knowledge is very limited about TTs and buying a used TT will not help that.

That goes hand in hand with nerves about reliability I suppose of a used TT.

understood. Especially up in Toronto where other than ZR, there isn't much I'm Canada in regards to tuners, and they ship their cars to Florida for the lambo tt setups.

The thing is though is alex's car is in CA where there are thousands if exotics, and Christians car is in fl/ga, where there should be no shortage of people with the money or desire to own a fast turbo lamborghini.

The only thing I can think of is that most guys enjoy the process of getting the build done, and want to be the first one to drive the car after the kit is complete rather than buy one already done.

Actually no... I think its PRICE....

Not to take anything away from anyones car, but it seems that most anyone with a GTT, including myself doesnt want to get rid of the car unless they get what they have in it, or maybe even more...

In the case of the UGR car, Its an 04 with like 20K miles, and a BOLT on kit.... What can you buy a 04 G with 20K miles for? Lets over spend and say 95K.... How much is a bolt on TT kit? 30k? 35K? lets go with 35K. What elese does that car have ... wheels? Lets say 5k... So On the high side you are looking at building that same car for exactly what asking price is.. And odds are you can find a lower mileage example with wheels already and less than 35K for the TT kit..

Sprites car.... Its got over 20K miles... Whats a 20K mile Sl worth when 4/5k mile cars are 140ish? Again, lets say 140K, and 62K for heffs kit... What else does Sprite have done? painted calipers and wheels I believe... So lets say 205K to build fresh.. or buy this one for 225K....

Even my car, I wouldnt sell it for less than what I have in it... So what does a buyer have to gain from buying these cars? Instant Gratification...

R8 V10 TT

@Fortis: If it's the twisty roads that you like, a TT kit would be of no use. It would simply add weight and unusable power. Better investment would be suspension, tires, aero, and weight reduction.

you are spot on, that's the reason I asked people that tracked their GTT about its behaviour around sharp corners.

I am not trying to take anything away from the GTT, it would be awesome to have all that power under your belt but I enjoy a different style of driving on different type of roads so maybe the G TT isn't 100 % suited for that.

you are spot on, that's the reason I asked people that tracked their GTT about its behaviour around sharp corners.

I am not trying to take anything away from the GTT, it would be awesome to have all that power under your belt but I enjoy a different style of driving on different type of roads so maybe the G TT isn't 100 % suited for that.

There is ZERo change in the handling characteristics of the car with a tt kit... The difference is trying to control power upon exit...

Actually no... I think its PRICE....

Not to take anything away from anyones car, but it seems that most anyone with a GTT, including myself doesnt want to get rid of the car unless they get what they have in it, or maybe even more...

In the case of the UGR car, Its an 04 with like 20K miles, and a BOLT on kit.... What can you buy a 04 G with 20K miles for? Lets over spend and say 95K.... How much is a bolt on TT kit? 30k? 35K? lets go with 35K. What elese does that car have ... wheels? Lets say 5k... So On the high side you are looking at building that same car for exactly what asking price is.. And odds are you can find a lower mileage example with wheels already and less than 35K for the TT kit..

Sprites car.... Its got over 20K miles... Whats a 20K mile Sl worth when 4/5k mile cars are 140ish? Again, lets say 140K, and 62K for heffs kit... What else does Sprite have done? painted calipers and wheels I believe... So lets say 205K to build fresh.. or buy this one for 225K....

Even my car, I wouldnt sell it for less than what I have in it... So what does a buyer have to gain from buying these cars? Instant Gratification...

:iamwithstupid:

combine it with the fact that I would want to do it my own way, pick my own wheels, mods, experience the process etc.

Unfortunately when you mod a car you are almost guaranteed to burn majority of the $ that went on the mods, sad for the guys that spent a fortune on the car.

There is ZERo change in the handling characteristics of the car with a tt kit... The difference is trying to control power upon exit...

I realised that, questioning the handling was incorrect, it will handle the same but much harder to control hence a lot harder and riskier to drive the way I like to drive.

I realised that, questioning the handling was incorrect, it will handle the same but much harder to control hence a lot harder and riskier to drive the way I like to drive.

For sure.. for a track day with the TT you either have to half ass the car and stay a gear up atleast or kill yourself trying to control it... if driven full blast Id imagine the brakes would be destroyed after a few laps.. Id far prefer to track a stock Lp560.

For sure.. for a track day with the TT you either have to half ass the car and stay a gear up atleast or kill yourself trying to control it... if driven full blast Id imagine the brakes would be destroyed after a few laps.. Id far prefer to track a stock Lp560.

kill myself is the part that I mostly try to avoid :lol2:

How easy is to switch between power settings on a TT, can you take it from max HP to track HP (500 -600 HP mark) with the flick of a switch (boost controller) ?

Finally for the track, would you go with the new 570SL or standard 560?

I know the rubber was bad on the 570 when you test drove the car so maybe you couldn't get a proper feel of it's capabilities.