The old 1200HP final edition rumor comes up again...

Mako

Bugatti Veyron SuperSport Confirmed

Posted: 11:34 am June 18, 2010

CarsUK.net

We’ve been here before with rumours of a lighter and more powerful Bugatti Veyron. In fact the rumours have been around almost as long as the Veyron itself. And they resurface at regular intervals. So when we saw the rumours earlier this week we thought it was probably more of the same – a slow news day for someone so ‘Let’s run a Veyron Story’. And then we got a phone call.

“Have you heard about the new 1200bhp Veyron Supersport?” said the familiar voice. “It’s just the same old rumour, sunshine” we retorted. “Then why am I about to transfer €400k to Bugatti?” came the reply. So it’s not a rumour – it’s real.

There are going to be 30 Bugatti Veyron SuperSport. They will shed in the region of 300kg with liberal use of carbon fibre, get 1200 horses and each will cost their owners €1,650,000. There are exterior styling changes but Bugatti aren’t sending out photos – even to buyers – at this stage.

Bugatti were hoping to have the Veyron Supersport ready for Goodwood this year, but that’s not going to happen. The aim now is to show the new Veyron at Pebble Beach in August. But Bugatti aren’t the best in the world at keeping to delivery dates so it could even take until Paris before the world sees the SuperSport.

The Veyron SuperSport will be the last iteration of the Veyron. Probably.

The Veyron SuperSport will be the last iteration of the Veyron. Probably.[/i]

Hardly likely, they will beat that horse as long as they can.

Just saw this on Jalopnik, freaking crazy!

Somewhat off-topic, is there anyone that makes an aftermarket exhaust for the veyron? To me a car with that much power needs to really roar.

For whatever reason I believe it's finally possible this time. Enough years have passed that they can estimate the changes they'd need to make in certain components to make it reliable. Plus it's not as if they have to remove the top speed governor on the car, which would put heavy math into play on the tires into play along with the aero.

Keep the goverened top speed where it is and it's much easier for them to add HP as long as the hardware can handle the heat/stress.

wow! 300kg? thats pretty significant! basically a Veyron with the weight of a 599/SLR/670 and another 200 hp!

wow! 300kg? thats pretty significant! basically a Veyron with the weight of a 599/SLR/670 and another 200 hp!

The weight loss is speculative at best, that part I don't see being possible. More HP yes, just turn up the boost and make sure the weaker bits in the car are strong enough to take it. But weight loss? Never, ever, as easy as people think it is...Just ask our boy Wiggs! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

The weight loss is speculative at best, that part I don't see being possible. More HP yes, just turn up the boost and make sure the weaker bits in the car are strong enough to take it. But weight loss? Never, ever, as easy as people think it is...Just ask our boy Wiggs! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

:eusa_naughty:

:lol2:

Cut out the sugar.

Somewhat off-topic, is there anyone that makes an aftermarket exhaust for the veyron? To me a car with that much power needs to really roar.

larini is coming out with one, i'm not sure if its out yet, but they are developing one

If they could develop the tires to take it this would be one hell of an opportunity for Bugatti to take back the title of worlds fastest production vehicle from the pile of crap that holds it now.

Its not quite right

There will be 30 1200bhp cars 25 Supersports and 5 with some other name (the 5 are all sold)

The have changed the car slightly - the engine is no longer totally open and the front looks more aggressive

The car will be "launched" in July (think its the 11th)

why would you want an exhaust on a veyron? that would take away from the car

i had a veyron fly by me while i was eating dinner outside a restaurant and the sound was like nothing else, its refreshing in a way. usually you know when a lambo/ferrari with an exhaust is coming; its got that f1 sound you can hear from a block away. with the veyron when it blasts by you it almost sounds like a jet

Yeah it may be crude...but i'd pay to hear a Veyron with straight pipes just idling...a wide open fly by would be other worldly.

I'm actually kinda surprised that we've seen so little in the way of aftermarket or tunning for the Veyron...i mean the same guys who buy CGT's and SLR's and wanna dump a little money into them to make them faster or louder must have the same though process when they get a veyron. look at the guys who bought CGT's and then added hundreds of thousands of dollars to them in the way of a Gemballa Mirage kit! you'd think someone with a Veyron would think nothing of dropping $30k on a set of pipes to wake it up a bit.

Yeah it may be crude...but i'd pay to hear a Veyron with straight pipes just idling...a wide open fly by would be other worldly.

I'm actually kinda surprised that we've seen so little in the way of aftermarket or tunning for the Veyron...i mean the same guys who buy CGT's and SLR's and wanna dump a little money into them to make them faster or louder must have the same though process when they get a veyron. look at the guys who bought CGT's and then added hundreds of thousands of dollars to them in the way of a Gemballa Mirage kit! you'd think someone with a Veyron would think nothing of dropping $30k on a set of pipes to wake it up a bit.

There is no reason to change the Veyron on your own. The people who order them new can just pay to have Bugatti do whatever they want to the car.

As for performance gains, I highly doubt changing the exhaust would be any real benefit. The possible gain would be negligible even if it was 50 hp. All you would end up doing is probably voiding the warranty on a $2MM car. Bad idea. I'd also venture to say that Bugatti owners are in a completely different league than CGT/SLR owners and might not want a retarded loud exhaust. Remember, the Veyron is an insanely fast and high-performance GT. I think the goal of the Veyron is to blow all cars away while relaxing comfortably. The wind noise at 200mph is probably loud enough.

your really missing the point, the veyron is perfect as it is. it was a detailed thought out car that was built from conception to production to be what it is today. you dont buy a dali and start putting your own final touches on it.

when you have the veyron there is no point to do anything else; an exhaust - for what? loud exhausts are obnoxious and annoying. im at a point where when i think of a loud exhaust it reminds me of a 30k millionaire who wants to "be seen", pretty lame if you ask me. people with overleveraged finances to buy a carrera gt and a person who is able to buy a veyron have 2 different thought processes, one is looking for significance and the other has it

faster - do you really think some tuner is smarter, has more money and or logistics to build a better car than the engineers at bugatti? i mean really think about this one, all the money bugatti spent on building this car all the mathematics and engineering that went into it, do you think some tuner strapping twin turbos onto cars can really add on or create something better? get real

There is no reason to change the Veyron on your own. The people who order them new can just pay to have Bugatti do whatever they want to the car.

As for performance gains, I highly doubt changing the exhaust would be any real benefit. The possible gain would be negligible even if it was 50 hp. All you would end up doing is probably voiding the warranty on a $2MM car. Bad idea. I'd also venture to say that Bugatti owners are in a completely different league than CGT/SLR owners and might not want a retarded loud exhaust. Remember, the Veyron is an insanely fast and high-performance GT. I think the goal of the Veyron is to blow all cars away while relaxing comfortably. The wind noise at 200mph is probably loud enough.

exactly. 2 different tax brackets hence 2 different thought processes

exactly. 2 different tax brackets hence 2 different thought processes

I agree with Mkooley : some tuner can arrange a car with more than 1000 hp in its own garage, faster than Veyron (and lighter) but who can make it : environnementaly homologated in all countries ? crash tested ? reliable ?etc... I think no one !

your really missing the point, the veyron is perfect as it is. it was a detailed thought out car that was built from conception to production to be what it is today. you dont buy a dali and start putting your own final touches on it.

when you have the veyron there is no point to do anything else; an exhaust - for what? loud exhausts are obnoxious and annoying. im at a point where when i think of a loud exhaust it reminds me of a 30k millionaire who wants to "be seen", pretty lame if you ask me. people with overleveraged finances to buy a carrera gt and a person who is able to buy a veyron have 2 different thought processes, one is looking for significance and the other has it

faster - do you really think some tuner is smarter, has more money and or logistics to build a better car than the engineers at bugatti? i mean really think about this one, all the money bugatti spent on building this car all the mathematics and engineering that went into it, do you think some tuner strapping twin turbos onto cars can really add on or create something better? get real

Do you talk out of your ass on every subject or does hell freeze over occasionally cauing you to have something lucid and relevant to say?

You don't like loud exhausts so therefore there is no point and the drivers must be overleveraged. :jackoff:

NO tuner has more money than ANY car manufacturer when it comes to developing a car and yet tuners make these same cars faster and 'better' every day. I added just under 100WHP to my Lamborghini but my tuner isn't going to be buying VAG anytime soon.

You have the worst combination of arrogance and ignorance I have ever witnessed on a 'big boy' forum. I suggest you submit all of your posts to someone ELSE and then let THEM decide if it should be on here.

fcuking christ!

http://www.vividracing.com/blog/announcing...by-quicksilver/

&"> &" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

&"> &" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

ha...if you think that men who make more money are somehow more grown up, or are somehow all of a sudden above certain things then you have a foggy concept on men. That would be like saying that super rich guys dont like supermodels because its immature!

You think a super rich guy is above enjoying the unbridled sound of an engine...your on crack!