Twin Turbo Lambo's vs. Veyron

The unofficial top speed of a twin turbo gallardo is 257 mph. While, the top speed of veyron's new super sport = 268 mph

Obviously the super sport is the best thing on the planet, as far as we know. But I'm wondering..is the new Heffner Performance Twin Turbo Murcielago faster than the veyron super sport (I'm assuming it would be)?

And...Does anybody know the unofficial top speed of the twin turbo Murcielago? :eusa_think:

:eusa_think:

Faster in as far as acceleration or top end? The TT Gallardo with the highest top end speed would HAVE to be one with a new gearset as the standard tops out at 196. Then I'd pick a tuner car as being able to beat the Veyron. The Tuner car could be purpose built with more HP etc. The problem is those speeds you are really in the danger zone for the driver.

Acceleration to 200, any fully built GTT would wipe out the Veyron.

Acceleration to 200, a bolt on GTT (750 rwhp) might be a good race with a Veyron.

Top speed battle to 250, a fully built GTT with an upgraded gear set would leave the Veyron behind.

jmo

Oh, I almost forgot...

:eusa_think: :eusa_think: :eusa_think:

:icon_mrgreen:

Well, how long of a race is this? Because the GTT will always be quicker, however, if you have...say 25 miles of road, that Veyron will eventually start reeling it in...can it to do so in the 11 minutes before the fuel runs out though? Dunno.

The geared UGR Gallardo can supposedly go like 280mph.. Those cars would wipe the floor with the Veyron in top speed. I think any GTT starting at around 800rwhp will give the Veyron a beating, with the more power from there, the greater the beating..

The Veyron gives me the impression that was built to

handle top speed for as long as possible, i.e. until the

fuel runs out or the tires wear down below safe levels.

That is, it will not only generate the rated 1,000/1,200

hp, but also dissipate the ~2.2/2.7 MW thermal power

that comes with that.

By contrast, doubling or tripling the original power of

a Lamborghini with a TT setup leaves me wondering.

How long could you actually run those cars at such a

high level, before they start to overheat? Or perhaps

even fail? All I see is reports of standing mile events,

and reports of daily driving in normal traffic... which

is far from e.g. driving around the Ehra-Lessien track

at maximum speed all day long.

To give you an analogy... a number of fighter jets do

dash to mach 3 if so pushed... but only an SR-71 will

maintain mach 3.2 for prolonged periods.

well with AJglobal's car coming back to the valley = 1 gtt

there is a veyron here in the valley of the sun that I know of = 1 veyron

I dont know either of the owners personnally but maybe someone on this forum does, if these two owners met up we could see how the times come out?????

just an idea.

well with AJglobal's car coming back to the valley = 1 gtt

there is a veyron here in the valley of the sun that I know of = 1 veyron

I dont know either of the owners personnally but maybe someone on this forum does, if these two owners met up we could see how the times come out?????

just an idea.

The owner of the Veyron is a member here. You can see his full write up about going to the factory and specing out his car in the veyron section as well as many photoshoots of that car.

There's a guy here in Scottsdale that is building a twin turbo 05 Murci coupe to beat a Bugatti, whether it will or not, who knows till its done I guess but its cool to see so many people in the Lambo world stepping it up! Wonder what the Ferrari guys are doing? Haha!

Wonder what the Ferrari guys are doing? Haha!

buying some new bolts @ walmart for their hinges in preperation for all the TT lambos in town that are going to blow their doors off!

ajglobals car will lose to a veyron allday long @ it's current settings. He is making 640 to the wheels @ only 5psi. Mr. Vrooms GTT inmo is the closest to a Veyron in power and performance virtually spot on replicating the Veyrons 1 mile performance @ 750rwhp.

as for reliability.. If guys are pushing close to 2000hp out of GTTls and holding together for 1 mile, then cars @ half that power should be bulletproof. We may not be able to show reliability of which car lasts longest @ max performance, but I think we have proven that @ normal use the GTTls are far more reliable.

as for reliability.. If guys are pushing close to 2000hp out of GTTls and holding together for 1 mile, then cars @ half that power should be bulletproof. We may not be able to show reliability of which car lasts longest @ max performance, but I think we have proven that @ normal use the GTTls are far more reliable.

WELL SAID.

also.. I've asked Rob the owner of the Veyron to race several times.. I will even go to AZ to race him.. He will NOT race a GTT. There was going to be an event @ Mojave I notified him of. He immidietely responded he was available and ready to go.Then he asked if I was bringing my car and when I replied yes... He never responded or spoke to me again.

:eusa_think: Whats with all this :eusa_think: ?

Any car (with aftermarket mods) that out does a veyron, is committing a Peccadillo!

pec·ca·dil·lo /ˌpekəˈdilō/

Noun: A small, relatively unimportant offense or sin.................

nice, learned a new word tonight.

pec·ca·dil·lo /ˌpekəˈdilō/

Noun: A small, relatively unimportant offense or sin.................

nice, learned a new word tonight.

+1