Black Wheels.............Is it just me?

azlambo

i love black wheels.... only time it looks like a big blob is in pictures or when rolling... and when rolling who can see what the rims look like anyway?

I agree...

Black wheels - look cheap, like rough wheels used for tracking the car. Hence that is why they look "aggressive". They look like track wheels.

matt paint or wrap - looks like primer.

titanium or charcoal color wheels - look like polished aluminum or silver wheels covered in brake dust.

Chrome wheels - OK if tastefully done only with some car body types and colors only.

All these fads are so yesterday.....

The only good thing about these fads, is that it makes for a greater variety of looks. Helps differentiate your G from your neighbours...

I agree...

Black wheels - look cheap, like rough wheels used for tracking the car. Hence that is why they look "aggressive". They look like track wheels.

titanium or charcoal color wheels - look like polished aluminum or silver wheels covered in brake dust.

Chrome wheels - OK if tastefully done only with some car body types and colors only.

The only good thing about these fads, is that it makes for a greater variety of looks. Helps differentiate your G from your neighbours...

It looks good on certain cars. When that is the case, it does look awesome!

I agree...

So the only thing you like is plain silver wheels? And you cant call anything different from the plain old norm a fad. they are just different options. :eusa_think:

So the only thing you like is plain silver wheels? And you cant call anything different from the plain old norm a fad. they are just different options. :eusa_think:

And it has to be the ORIGINAL silver; none of the new age faddy silver stuff! :lol2:

Depends on the color of the car and body style. Can't imagine a better wheel on my Chairo Blue roadster then what I have. But Steve Gleaner's orange 6.0 looks great with black wheels, VERY imposing. I think (IMHO) the brake calipers in body color make a HUGE difference. To each his own....

I'm generally not a fan of black wheels, but if done right, they look sick! I think it helps to have a TOUCH of contrast to the wheels/wheel area to break up the 'all black' look...e.g. colored calipers, pin stripe, different colored centercap, etc.

e.g., here's a friend's black/modded F430...love the black/red contrast! Hot!

D. Wiggs, you should get those calipers painted red on the Murci and M6...that would spice up the rolling shots nicely!

069.JPG

071.JPG

Dear Lamborghinisti,

I donno....I always think the black wheels are normal wheels but with tons of brake dust all over them. They just look like dirty wheels to me.

I'm not a fan of chrome either but really like my OEM VT Roadster wheel. Satin silver, chrome lip, stainless bolts in the wheel. When I drive by a full window store front, as the wheel turns, the sunlight just sparkles off the details.

Shamile

I'm not a fan of red calipers. I think White, Yellow, Blue, or even Verde would work though.