2 fresh Lamborghini spy pics from Germany

LAUTLOS

doors are not scissors

open side then up

It better be in one fluid motion like the Koenigsegg, it would be tragic if they opened up in two steps like those stupid ass import "lambo" doors.

If they change up the traditional scissor doors it better be for something mind boggling like the Koenigsegg.

Other than the fact that it looks like a murci with big side scoops it is really hard to tell anything from the spy shots I have seen so far, I will hold judgment for when I see this thing without camo.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way this car is 275k euro. Just not going to happen. I've heard details about the manufacturing and tech behind the new car. The specs will make the 400k target seem quite reasonable.

Reasonable or not, though, it'll still be a challenge to move a bunch of $480k lambos in the us.

How can you tell anything about the chassis from those spy shots?

Besides, Lamborghini has invested aaaaall that time and money in not only a CF production facility at their plant, but in doing CF research with the U. of Washington and Boeing, testing the crashworthiness of CF tubs, etc., that I'd be shocked if they didn't use that in the Murcie replacement . . . .

The car in the spy shots look more like a G or a R8 in overall dimensions, so we shall see.

CF chassis is overated, and very expensive to repair after accidents, in a low run, million dollar car who cares, but in a Murci maybe not so practical. More than a few Lambos get bent, how many owners are gonna want to ship the car back to Italy(or maybe one or two US locations) to get them repaired? Apparently, getting insurance for a SLR is an expensive pita, mainly due to the difficulty of repairing a cf chassis.

The car in the spy shots look more like a G or a R8 in overall dimensions, so we shall see.

CF chassis is overated, and very expensive to repair after accidents, in a low run, million dollar car who cares, but in a Murci maybe not so practical. More than a few Lambos get bent, how many owners are gonna want to ship the car back to Italy(or maybe one or two US locations) to get them repaired? Apparently, getting insurance for a SLR is an expensive pita, mainly due to the difficulty of repairing a cf chassis.

Forgive me if I"m wrong but isn't the 250xxx Mclaren mp4-12c going to be have a CF tub?

Forgive me if I"m wrong but isn't the 250xxx Mclaren mp4-12c going to be have a CF tub?

I think you know it does.... but it still will have the same issues, how much $$$ to fix if it gets bent. If the cost is 3X that of metal, insurance will be difficult to obtain, expensive, and resale values will suffer. I read that you have to ship the SLR back to the factory to repair any chassis damage. Thats not an viable option in the 250k to 400k price range. I have cf dymag wheels on my G, I steer WAY clear of curbs.....

article says 275k euro:

Der Sportwagen kommt 2012, wird etwa 275 000 Euro kosten

If thats the price say goodbye to a CF chassis, hello to the R8 alum space frame chassis. Spy shots kinda confirm that too.

:iamwithstupid:

I actually know the price since I was offered a slot for one, it will start around 340-350K Euro plus options so Webster is most accurate.

Also, this car will have 700HP and a new type of trans, somewhere between a E-Gear and doubleclutch, sounds fishy but this is what they are saying.

I actually know the price since I was offered a slot for one, it will start around 340-350K Euro plus options so Webster is most accurate.

Also, this car will have 700HP and a new type of trans, somewhere between a E-Gear and doubleclutch, sounds fishy but this is what they are saying.

Did you take it?

I find this suprising, i have had a deposit down for a long time and i don't know anything, not even the price, i've had "best guesses" along similar lines from the dealer but nothing solid. I was told to expect a base price around £250k but again tbc.

I also know two others who have put a deposit down with a different dealer & they are in exactly the same boat, nothing has really been said here, just guesses.

Maybe were just not good enough customers to be told.

Did you take it?

Hell no! I would never buy something that doesn't even exist, especially for theese amounts of cash...

I find this suprising, i have had a deposit down for a long time and i don't know anything, not even the price, i've had "best guesses" along similar lines from the dealer but nothing solid. I was told to expect a base price around £250k but again tbc.

I also know two others who have put a deposit down with a different dealer & they are in exactly the same boat, nothing has really been said here, just guesses.

Maybe were just not good enough customers to be told.

I'm no super customer myself (I'm on my third Lambo) but this is fairly solid.

Were you told, by any chance, whether it will have a CF tub or an aluminum frame?

I think you know it does.... but it still will have the same issues, how much $$$ to fix if it gets bent. If the cost is 3X that of metal, insurance will be difficult to obtain, expensive, and resale values will suffer. I read that you have to ship the SLR back to the factory to repair any chassis damage. Thats not an viable option in the 250k to 400k price range. I have cf dymag wheels on my G, I steer WAY clear of curbs.....

With the 12C, it's just the tub immediately surrounding the occupants that's carbon, the vulnerable parts of the chassis are aluminium extrusions. You'd have to experience a write-off kind of collision to do any damage to the CF cell (especially considering that carbon's much stronger than alloy) - during crash testing they'd actually re-use the same tub and just replace the extrusions between collisions.

In any case, even if you somehow managed to damage the cell in an accident that didn't transform the car into a very expensive heap of scrap metal, McLaren's carbon tubs are produced in four hours, around 1% of the SLR's time, so it should be financially feasible to have it replaced.

> In any case, even if you somehow managed to damage the cell in an accident that didn't transform the car into a

> very expensive heap of scrap metal, McLaren's carbon tubs are produced in four hours, around 1% of the

> SLR's time, so it should be financially feasible to have it replaced.

Here's a data point.

An Enzo monocoque body frame goes for $255k (http://www.ricambiamerica.com/parts_catalogs.php?M=FE&P=&V=diag&I=1321).

> In any case, even if you somehow managed to damage the cell in an accident that didn't transform the car into a

> very expensive heap of scrap metal, McLaren's carbon tubs are produced in four hours, around 1% of the

> SLR's time, so it should be financially feasible to have it replaced.

Here's a data point.

An Enzo monocoque body frame goes for $255k (http://www.ricambiamerica.com/parts_catalogs.php?M=FE&P=&V=diag&I=1321).

I don't have any figures to hand for the Enzo chassis' manufacturing time, but I'd imagine it's equivalent to the SLR's.

Local dealer told me few days ago that Estoque received green light for production and that's the car that we will see next.

I have no idea what to believe because there were no 4 door test mules spotted and every sign points towards the replacement.

It would make more sense to build the "cash cow" before the Murci replacement, the replacement won't make them a great deal of $ in this economy, the dealer also mentioned that the replacement will hit the $1 mil mark here, which usually

means that in US the car will be $500k plus, financial suicide in my opinion, as it is the local dealers only sell around 50 new cars a year, bring in the new prices combined with the GFC you can certainly half those numbers.

I am curious to see Lambo's next move.

You are right, dealer is wrong, not even a long wheelbase/4 doors mule around the world means there will be a murci replacement before anything else, especially because it is 10 years old....

from green light of a project to production expect 3-4 years.

You are right, dealer is wrong, not even a long wheelbase/4 doors mule around the world means there will be a murci replacement before anything else, especially because it is 10 years old....

from green light of a project to production expect 3-4 years.

Again, whats to say they arent using the Audi A7's as mules???? Or any other audi for that matter? All they need to do is put a body around the engine and chassis, and seeing as they are probably sharing A LOT of parts with the Audis i dont think this is very far fetched. Probably not likely but I wouldnt write it off yet.

Already been told. The price point is 500K.

Base will be in the high 400K's.

unfortunately for us that supports what my dealer is quoting.

Guest Rob Burgundy
Im actually more excited about the thought of the Estoque being built then I am seeing the Murcielago replacement.

I totally agree. :iamwithstupid:

I totally agree. :iamwithstupid:

Did you just quote and agree with yourself? :icon_mrgreen:

I think the estoque will be really cool if/when they build it.

I have to come clean :icon_mrgreen:

I looked at the photos for two days, some people were talking about the scissor doors etc. I couldn't figure out where they saw the doors in action than this morning with a fresh pair of eyes I just noticed

post_22867_1281809824.jpg

:lol2: