Lambo owners, do Lambos clog up traffic?

zoomboy

I was driving down the road with my toyota corolla today, and notice every single car is passing me at least 10 to 20 mph faster then what im going. So I was thinking for lambo owners, when you drive down the road, do cars speed by you? or do they slow down to see the car and clog up traffic? Im very curious as how other drivers react to your lambo? Do they speed by you? or drive side by side you? I sure hope they dont tailgate you too close either. It could get really expensive if an accident happens.

Are you implying that lambo owners drive slow? :icon_mrgreen:

Seriously though, a lot of people drive like morons around me in the lambo.

They stay in my blind zone to take pics.

If I'm in the right lane, they drive right beside me, and when I catch up to a slower car I have to brake or floor it to change lanes, only problem is that they do the same.

I've had people literally box me in on the highway taking pics, following everything I do.

Two times I've had a car stop in the middle of the roundabout where I was about to enter, right in front of me, clogging everything.

On the bright side, I've had girls flash me, making me drive like a moron :eusa_dance:

LOL, same experiences as Placid...people can be complete idiots when trying to take video or images with their cell phones.

Just curious if any lambo owners are stop at a red light, with your windows closed up. does anyone really have the balls to yell at you to lower your windows so that they can talk to you? I dont know, but im very curious as to see what people would do when they see these awsome cars.

Placid is spot on. Overall though one thing I've noticed is people are genuinely excited by the car. They smile and ask questions, and are respectful. Obviously not everyone is like this, but a lot of people are. It's been fun interacting with people and sharing the experience.

I remember back to most of my life where I was not near to having the money to buy an exotic car. Seeing one would take my breath away, make my heart race and make me feel good inside. It was a sickness. I lost some of that, but I still remember so I know how seeing one of these cars makes someone feel. I try and be patient and smile and answer questions as much as possible.

I was fortunate to meet some people who were really cool to me when I couldn't afford an exotic and I try to emulate their goodwill. Some of those people are on LP actually at least one of those people, (AZlambo), I got to go on my first ever lambo run in my own car with.

I have not had anyone rude to me while in traffic. Mostly, they enjoy the view and maybe give a thumb up or give compliment. I have had lots of people taking pics and gawk (my gallardo is orange).

In traffic, I don't usually roll down the window unless I am moving. You sit too low to see what's going on next to you in traffic. Someone could run their wipers next to you and spray windshield fluid all over. Besides, I sort of dont like others to see me behind my tinted window. It's a privacy thing when you are in an exotic I suppose.

I'm a newbie to Lambo ownership, but here's what I've found out so far:

1. Yes, people LOVE to hang out in your blindspot (so they don't have to make eye contact with you) so they can take pics and/or stare, whether you are moving or at a stop light.

2. People see you coming from like 10 miles away and literally wait for you to catch up and many times have their cell phone primed...aimed, finger on the trigger, ready to shoot that momentous 'photo op' of a lifetime! lol

3. Yes, people yell at you (overwhelmingly good/fun comments, rarely bad) anywhere and everywhere, whether you're moving or stopped, windows up or down...doesn't matter.

4. Women literally STARE you down and track you...i.e, they give you 'that look'...y'all know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. :mellow:

There's more, but will stop there... :P

very interesting comments, sounds like so much fun. I thought women dont like cars, but hearing all of the female stares you get is really cool. So women really do care when they see a lambo. In the past I heard that only males will look at the car. Its great that your new to lambo ownership, now new or old lets hear more please! :)

I thought women dont like cars, but hearing all of the female stares you get is really cool. So women really do care when they see a lambo. In the past I heard that only males will look at the car.

Some women think so too. Last weekend I was going to a friend who had some girls over. He was all excited and showed them pics of my car etc before I came, they were all like "what ever".

When they actually saw the car tho, they went nuts. All I heard was "OMG take me for a ride", "I don't care about cars, but your car is awesome" etc.

I took one of them for a ride, and I swear to god, she had an orgasm.

I was fortunate to meet some people who were really cool to me when I couldn't afford an exotic and I try to emulate their goodwill. Some of those people are on LP actually at least one of those people, (AZlambo), I got to go on my first ever lambo run in my own car with.

:icon_thumleft:

1. Yes, people LOVE to hang out in your blindspot (so they don't have to make eye contact with you) so they can take pics and/or stare, whether you are moving or at a stop light.

2. People see you coming from like 10 miles away and literally wait for you to catch up and many times have their cell phone primed...aimed, finger on the trigger, ready to shoot that momentous 'photo op' of a lifetime! lol

3. Yes, people yell at you (overwhelmingly good/fun comments, rarely bad) anywhere and everywhere, whether you're moving or stopped, windows up or down...doesn't matter.

4. Women literally STARE you down and track you...i.e, they give you 'that look'...y'all know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. :mellow:

Yea, I think this is about right. I have to keep the car moving a little faster than traffic to keep from getting boxed in and cars drifting into my lane. In places where the car is especially rare it's even more exaggerated. All of this is multiplied 10X in the Phantom of all cars. This time, they make it about the driver. Women go far more nutty over the RR. I don't drive it so much anymore because you reach a point where you just want to go about your day and not be in a parade.

Yea, I think this is about right. I have to keep the car moving a little faster than traffic to keep from getting boxed in and cars drifting into my lane. In places where the car is especially rare it's even more exaggerated. All of this is multiplied 10X in the Phantom of all cars. This time, they make it about the driver. Women go far more nutty over the RR. I don't drive it so much anymore because you reach a point where you just want to go about your day and not be in a parade.

I imagine it'd be tough to DD a Phantom, then. Unlike even a Bentley, which would blend in a bit more.

do RR phantoms really get so much attention? i see alot around here and not so many people looks at it, even in crowded places.

:iamwithstupid:

Yeah, the phantoms in my area don't/rarely get any attention. The lambo's/ferrari's get crazy attention tho.

That's right on.... :lol2:

In South Florida, somethings gotta be ridiculously rare/exotic to stop traffic, as exotics are common here. There are 4 lambos in my building! Mine does attract attention, and I often see camera phones in my rear view mirror, but it's not as bad as other places. (I lived in Orlando with a Diablo 15 years ago and I couldn't take it anywhere without causing problems...)

Here, in Miami, Phantoms are common. Maybachs look like S classes on steroids. The only cars that actually get the attention of the jaded locals are Bugattis, Enzos, Reventons, McLarens F1s, and the like... The hyper-exotic.

In South Florida, somethings gotta be ridiculously rare/exotic to stop traffic, as exotics are common here. There are 4 lambos in my building! Mine does attract attention, and I often see camera phones in my rear view mirror, but it's not as bad as other places. (I lived in Orlando with a Diablo 15 years ago and I couldn't take it anywhere without causing problems...)

Here, in Miami, Phantoms are common. Maybachs look like S classes on steroids. The only cars that actually get the attention of the jaded locals are Bugattis, Enzos, Reventons, McLarens F1s, and the like... The hyper-exotic.

when you lived in orlando, what kind of problems do they cause?

when you lived in orlando, what kind of problems do they cause?

Couldn't park anywhere without drawing a crowd or getting vandalized and stopped / clogged traffic. It got to where I wouldn't drive it downtown - just out to the fun roads where I could strecth her legs...

However.... on the occassion when I am parked somewhere and there are people gathered, I am nice and try to answer questions, etc. If they are taking pictures, I will usually oped the car and let them get a picture sitting in the drivers seat (especially when there are kids there who are truly awe struck).

Couldn't park anywhere without drawing a crowd or getting vandalized and stopped / clogged traffic. It got to where I wouldn't drive it downtown - just out to the fun roads where I could strecth her legs...

Those people who vandalized your car, was it in a area where nobody was watching the car? did they do that in a crowd? or was it just in a normal shopping center area with a few people walking around? Im just curious how these jealous people got their chance to do that. It sucks when people whos jealous ruins the chance for others who truly enjoy seeing your car.

Those people who vandalized your car, was it in a area where nobody was watching the car? did they do that in a crowd? or was it just in a normal shopping center area with a few people walking around? Im just curious how these jealous people got their chance to do that. It sucks when people whos jealous ruins the chance for others who truly enjoy seeing your car.

Less likely in a very crowded area, but you had to be concerned any time you left the car unattended no matter where it was

My first drive back on the interstate in the Diablo I was cruising in the center lane taking it easy since It was my time in the car and not wanting to get a ticket since it wasn't even registered yet. But it definitely cause some traffic because people in both lanes were either speeding up or slowing down right next to me to take pictures