Insanity Workout

pockmark

Any of you guys done this workout?

Have a couple of friends that have done it with phenominal results. Going to take the 60 day challenge with my wife. Will let you know what the beginning and end results are...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANY hard workout with a mix of aerobics and resistance training will work. It just requires making a commitment to doing the workout. That's the first hard part. The second hard part is not letting your body go to shit after the intense workout period is over.

Maintenance of a ripped body (unless you are genetically gifted) is impossible without continuing to work out intensely. The human body is designed to prepare for famine and thus will hold on to excess calories. It's from our Neanderthal days.

Haven't done that, but I have started doing hot yoga. 105 F room with high humidity. I work out almost 7 days a week and have yet to make it through one complete session without sitting down for a pose or two. Yoga seems to be a good supplement to all forms of exercise.

What is the goal of this insanity workout? If you want to lose weight all you need is some light cardio and dieting -- dieting being most important by far. If you want to gain strength all you need to do is lift weights. If you want to look ripped, you simply need to lose weight and add a little bit of muscle.

I remember when my mom lost a ton of weight. All see did was diet and walking. No crazy sit ups, jogs, runs, bikes or anything like that. Calories in vs calories burned. Simple really. Just need to be motivated enough to follow your routine -- and the routine is pretty easy.

Mike,You haven't lost those lbs. yet?!! It's been what now...10 months? come on bro.

Really easy:

30-45 min cardio (who cares what it is, running or elliptical, aerobics, bike, whatever) just do it.

20-40 min lifting (low weight high intense reps 3-4 sets each, 10-15 sec rest in between).

3-6 days a week.

Eat 0% fat, moderate carb, high protein, small portion meals 3-5 times a day.

Done.

You'll pretty much see the same thing on the DVD, maybe not weights but bodyweight resistance exercises. Those DVDs are fine though, keeps it from getting boring and makes it a nice "together-thing"you and the wifey can do. Good luck, keep it fun. :icon_thumleft:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J1fJv-S3BY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J1fJv-S3BY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>/

:lol2: have we got another going?

Good luck Mike, it looks like a decent program, just two things imo:

1. do all of the cardio when you wake up, at least 8 hours after eating food. DO NOT BRUSH YOUR TEETH BEFORE IT. Toothpaste has some carbs in it that will get in the way.

2. I think if your heart rate is up too high for too long, you will actually start losing muscle. So make sure you are sweating and heart is pumping, but not balls out all the time

Just got off from the stair master..sitting here sweating my ass off too. Having the 6 pack has got to be one of the dumbest ideas we still all aspire to.

Good luck Mike, it looks like a decent program, just two things imo:

1. do all of the cardio when you wake up, at least 8 hours after eating food. DO NOT BRUSH YOUR TEETH BEFORE IT. Toothpaste has some carbs in it that will get in the way.

2. I think if your heart rate is up too high for too long, you will actually start losing muscle. So make sure you are sweating and heart is pumping, but not balls out all the time

Just got off from the stair master..sitting here sweating my ass off too. Having the 6 pack has got to be one of the dumbest ideas we still all aspire to.

:iamwithstupid: :lol2:

I respect it very much and maybe it would be fun to have for a little while, but I think a relatively flat stomach is the best compromise between looks, health, and the ability to eat like a successful man not a prisoner! I had that in my late teens and early 20s and took it for granted....now I'm working hard to get to where I started. :icon_thumleft:

The "opinions are like a***holes" cliche couldn't apply MORE than in the world of fitness, dieting, etc. Everyone is an expert, yet everyone does things differently.....very frustrating!

What I have found to be universal is hands down the food, protein shakes, supplements, etc. Everybody knows this supposedly but nobody is really preaching it to the nth degree.

A good to great diet with excellent execution is good enough in my mind....no need for a "perfect" diet (if there really is such a thing), although that is ok too. I finally have started cooking for myself since early July and have seen some nice results so far. The weight is about the same but the muscle is up and the fat is down, particularly in the face region. My progress needs to be measured with tape, not a scale....

Still trying to lose that obnoxious belly fat....I guess it just takes time. Was thinking of colon cleanse stuff...not sure if I will take the plunge.

I eat 3 real meals a day, with 2-3 in between meals consisting of fruit and protein shake. So overall I space everything out about 2.5-3 hours at a time. I do this about 5 1/2 days a week, with a full cheat day on Saturday (e.g. pasta, pizza, bread, anything else carbs, ice cream (!), etc.). Friday night is a mild cheat affair... So far so good.

As for the workouts, nothing that is unusual. I personally think a trainer is only necessary if you want to really sculpt the s** out of your muscles to impress people...the finer nuances that probably only other guys would notice. A trainer would also be useful to expedite the process for sure...

Insanity and p90x would be great too I'm sure, but food will still override overall results.

So far lifting 3 days a week and running for the other 4, although lately more like 2 days of running per week because of schedule and admitted laziness. The running is interval running for about 20 minutes, and then a cool down walk for another 10. I noticed a pound lost after the exercise is over.

I've read a great ideal is to shoot for 30-40 minutes, but also learned that 10-20 minutes twice a day is better than 30-40 minutes once...

In summary, the lifestyle is the hardest part. I've been doing this for 13 years, and only now consider myself to be in complete control. Occasionally things come up to screw with your execution.....life isn't perfect, and unless you make it a full time job to do this perfectly there will be some hiccups but that is ok.

Coming up on 2 full months, and things are going where I want them to go. If after a few more months I'm still not content I might have to start dialing in more precision on the food...

fcuk!!!! i will just post the link.....

Yeah pretty much the same, as P90X. Its all the same, cardio, resistance weight training, good balanced low fat diet... whoila like magic.

Having the 6 pack has got to be one of the dumbest ideas we still all aspire to.

Why it's not THAT hard. :icon_mrgreen:

P90 involves more weight training and pullups. Insanity is all cardio and plyometrics. Dont need anything but your fat ass to do it....

Yeah pretty much the same, as P90X. Its all the same, cardio, resistance weight training, good balanced low fat diet... whoila like magic.

Why it's not THAT hard. :icon_mrgreen:

I guess if The Situation could have it, we all can? :icon_mrgreen:

Get your heart rate up to 65% of max bpm's "beats per minutes" for 30-45 min 3-5 days a week

220 - "your age" "multiplied by" .65=target heart rate

Throw in the weight training 3-5 days for 30-40 min

Eat small meals so the body cant store any excess calories but eat often. Every 2hrs or so

Use N.O. by BSN for the motivation, stuffs amazing.

Repeat for 12 weeks and watch the new body appear, its that simple.

Quote "I havent had a carb since 1999!" Step Brothers! lol

Get your heart rate up to 65% of max bpm's "beats per minutes" for 30-45 min 3-5 days a week

220 - "your age" "multiplied by" .65=target heart rate

Throw in the weight training 3-5 days for 30-40 min

Eat small meals so the body cant store any excess calories but eat often. Every 2hrs or so

Use N.O. by BSN for the motivation, stuffs amazing.

Repeat for 12 weeks and watch the new body appear, its that simple.

Quote "I havent had a carb since 1999!" Step Brothers! lol

Good post, but I would advise to go with Jack3d over NO. It could be great marketing but Jack3d comes with a little brochure that explains why NO is one of the worst things you can take, especially pre work out. I tried both and I agree, NO made me want to shit and was ok. Jack3d I love, it actually makes me work so hard I almost passed out last time I did squats.

more info:

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/usplabs...5-servings.html

jacked_filler.jpg

ANyone here give up on the flat bench yet? I am having some shoulder issues, plus after reading http://www.dorianyates.net/dorian/site/showthread.php?t=593 I am considering gettign away from it all together. My ego wants to get those 225s (I can do 1 right now) but I just don't see the results I want with chest development. Will try a few weeks of pec decks incline smith machine and more crossovers and see how it goes.

I've done it. The warm up in Insanity is like doing cardio x on P90. Its an intense workout. I lost 12lbs on insanity. I started it the week after I did P90x. Its crazy to see the people on the cd give up in the workouts. I'm suppose to aspire to have there stamina and body, yet even they are quitting half way through. Its definitely do-able, but its surely not easy. Good luck with it man. Not saying one is better than the other but personally I preferred the mixture of workouts that P90 provided