Caught this cockbag!

Allan-Herbie

Kind of OT:

Do you guys remember the story about the young guy who was living under a retarded HOA that had a Nazi parking company, and who got his car booted for some stupid reason and refused to pay? It had a huge thread that went on for a while on some car forum. Forget which.

IIRC, he had parked on the street for a good reason when he wasn't supposed to, and ended up getting his car booted. Not wanting to pay because it was unjust, he didnt and thus the boot remained on. At this time he was in the process of working on his car and had a second one, so instead of paying the ticket and getting the boot removed, he just jacked the car up with the boot still on and pushed it into his garage since he was going to working on it a while anyway.

When the company came back, they demanded that he return the boot. He said sure, go ahead and take it off. They refused to take it off though because if he did, he wouldn't pay the ticket. The boot was their method of collecting. No pay, no drive. So eventually after this big fiasco, the parking company called the cop and told them that he stole their property -- the boot. The cops come and the guy says that he didn't steal it, that it's sitting right there in his garage and that they can have it back whenever they want. The parking guy is just livid, yelling up a storm. The cops tell him that there isn't anything they can do -- the property is right there, the guy is not withholding it. If he wants it, he can have it. They can't make him pay.

Parking guy is so mad. Next day, every car parked on the street is booted. Huge uproar. Property developers end up getting involved. Whole thing goes to either court or some being developer/HOA/contractor hearing.

Hilarious.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That story was great. Original thread on VW Vortex is gone. Here's a summary of it: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/3...i-move-car.html

Holy crap....

You know whats going on there? Its an HOA occupied by a bunch of renting college students.... And the HOA and the Parking Assholes KNOW the kids dont have a CLUE how to fight back, and have a parent who will write a check to fix it.... I LIVED IN DOZENS OF PLACES JUST LIKE THIS AND I WAS THEIR WORST fcuking NIGHTMARE.... I knew the LAW (even before I went to law school) and I knew how to win these fights....

When I was in Arizona, there was this one apartment complex that was NOTORIOUS for ILLEGALLY towing cars... (for anybody other than the police to legally tow a car in Arizona from a parking spot, the spot must be marked with the vehicle code allowing for the tow... OTHERWISE, the towing of the car by a private company is THEFT.)

None of the spots had any such signs... the parking people had a contract with the management and it was a fishing hole.... They would drive through, hook a car and tow the shit away... Sometimes it belonged to people who lived there.... Sometimes it belonged to guests.... They didnt care. It was a shakedown. $300.

So one morning the girlfriend calls me and says her car has been towed from there... We drive out to the middle of the fcuking dessert where this tow company was located. I immediately knew I was going to win (I knew they didnt want the cops poking their noses around that tow lot...) I explain to the tow company they cant legally do what theyve done.... "Yeah... So... Weve got the car... Pay for it or were keeping it... And its X number of dollars each day" I call the sheriff out... He meets us back out there and tells them, "Yep... the kid is right.... Its a civil matter.... If you do not give them the car I will arrest you for GTA". "but but but they owe us the towing fee. " " you can sue her for that if you want, but I wouldnt bother..... Theyve got you. Give her the keys please."

:eusa_dance:

Obviously the parking assholes in arizona have gotten smart.... They dont "Tow" the cars any more (which is THEFT)... They "boot" them now.... its still the same extortion scam.

Here in Finland we had a case where in a year or two out of nowhere appeared civil companies to enforce parking, they were hired by land owners of lets say a shoppingmall. There were signs that read that you need to pay for parking meters or use timeindicator, if you went over time or had no ticket, bam 50EURO fine!

How ever, civil companies did not have right to write fines. One individual went and fight trough all the steps, all the way to highest court. He won the case! because this case was fought all the way it was example for any other future cases there would be. Those individual companies went for a while still writing those tickets but nobody paid and they could do nothing.

...about a year went in silence...

Then, the law was chanced so that those civil companies had also right to write you a ticket, and by parking to such place where was that parking rules sign, you automatically agreed to condition when you parked to that place, if you broke the condition you get 50EURO fine. OK

But, once civils were able to fine anyone by just putting plate which has conditions, someone invented to put a sticker on windscreen that says "placing any notification on this car costs 60EURO. By placing the notification you agree the rules."

So the fuckers are now again scraching their heads as they really cant place tickets to cars with that sticker as they will lose it. :D