Boardwalk Empire

Smash Boy

Yeah, that put her into another stratosphere of whoredom. I went thru the whole range of emotions on that one.

Lol!

Yeah, that put her into another stratosphere of whoredom. I went thru the whole range of emotions on that one.

LOL. It was tough to watch. I don't know why incest needs to be sensationalized...

If you can block out the fact that she's his mom, she's pretty sexy on the show, like when Luciano banged her a few times.

Damn, I read PCow's post before watching the show and knew what was going to happen. Oh well..

I have to say, when Eli came up behind Jimmy with the shotgun, I sat for a couple of seconds expecting Richard to snipe his ass from out of no where.

Now that would have been EPIC!

I opened this thread when it was started without having seen this show at all. After seeing everyone raving about how good it is I found all the episodes online and have burned through the first season and the first three episodes of the second season in a week :)

I unfortunately saw that Jimmy is killed when I opened this and now after watching the show I wish I hadn't seen it but after how the second season starts off,I can't say I'm surprised. I'm making a conscious effort not to read anything else as I post in here as well.

Either way I'm hooked. I love everything about this show and I really enjoy Scorses simple camera work,he makes the scenes very easy to watch and nothings missed because of bad shots or shaky first person camera work. Great cast,great acting and great plots. Thanks for turning me on to this guys.

I opened this thread when it was started without having seen this show at all. After seeing everyone raving about how good it is I found all the episodes online and have burned through the first season and the first three episodes of the second season in a week :)

I unfortunately saw that Jimmy is killed when I opened this and now after watching the show I wish I hadn't seen it but after how the second season starts off,I can't say I'm surprised. I'm making a conscious effort not to read anything else as I post in here as well.

Either way I'm hooked. I love everything about this show and I really enjoy Scorses simple camera work,he makes the scenes very easy to watch and nothings missed because of bad shots or shaky first person camera work. Great cast,great acting and great plots. Thanks for turning me on to this guys.

Glad you're liking it. It takes a little bit to get going but once it gets going, a lot happens. I probably should rewatch season 1 again to pick up on some minor details.

BTW, technically Scorsese doesn't direct anymore, he just oversees. He directed the pilot to set the tone and style, but since then his responsibilities are mostly watching dailies and working out the editing process.

Still having said that, it's a brilliant idea to use a world class director to set the template and let others copy.

• 8 months later...
Whos watching?!

I wish. I have to DVR them until my mother in law leaves in Nov. Then wife and I can watch. So this is my last visit to this topic for 2 months.

This is gong to be brutal

I am.

SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN THE OPENER

So Nucky knows about the land and hasn't throttle this bitch? She positioned herself so she could start her own war it seems. May I also say they made it very obvious the butcher was going to die with is enthusiasm of advancement with his own operation.

Good start. Still hate that bitch Schroder.

Best

I am.

SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN THE OPENER

So Nucky knows about the land and hasn't throttle this bitch? She positioned herself so she could start her own war it seems. May I also say they made it very obvious the butcher was going to die with is enthusiasm of advancement with his own operation.

Good start. Still hate that bitch Schroder.

Best

Did Nucky give the order for the Butchers hit?

No, that was Darmody's life long friend. He did that of his own volition. The only thing I can surmise is that he believes the butcher was solely responsible because Darmody attempted to have the Butcher killed, therefore the Butcher killed Darmodys wife. Not sure yet if anyone knows Nucky did it by his own hand.

Best

Did Nucky give the order for the Butchers hit?

No, that was Darmody's life long friend. He did that of his own volition. The only thing I can surmise is that he believes the butcher was solely responsible because Darmody attempted to have the Butcher killed, therefore the Butcher killed Darmodys wife. Not sure yet if anyone knows Nucky did it by his own hand.

Best

:iamwithstupid: Although I think that was just the first in a series of hits from Richard. I think it will come down to Richard trying to kill knucky and his irish body guard saving him and killing Richard in turn.

Best

I was under the impression that the order for the hit came as a result of the conversation Darmody's mom had with the guy that began with "do you like living in this house?". She's the one that ordered it.

I was under the impression that the order for the hit came as a result of the conversation Darmody's mom had with the guy that began with "do you like living in this house?". She's the one that ordered it.

I took that conversation as her telling Richard that if he liked living in that house, he needs to stop telling Darmondys boy about his mother and distracting Darmondys mom from being the boys only focus.

Abolfaz, I think that conversation entirely centered around her requirement of him to disregard Angela (boys real mother) and to reinforce Darmodys mother being the 'new' mom. She didn't like Angela from the start, and almost certainly played her hand in all of Daromdy's deeds to seat herself atop the world she sees fit.

Richard told Darmody in the second season their blood runs together so it was retribution in my opinion. He knew trying to kill the Butcher was a tall order and I believe wanted the job for certainties sake. I think he will soon work for Knucky after Van Alden (sp?) gets in to the mix and exposes a few skeletons.

Best

Boardwalk Empire is a period drama focusing on Enoch "Nucky" Thompson (based on the historical Enoch L. Johnson),[10] a political figure who rose to prominence and controlled Atlantic City, New Jersey, during the Prohibition period of the 1920s and 1930s..

Boardwalk Empire is a period drama focusing on Enoch "Nucky" Thompson (based on the historical Enoch L. Johnson),[10] a political figure who rose to prominence and controlled Atlantic City, New Jersey, during the Prohibition period of the 1920s and 1930s..

Yeah...Thanks for that....And thanks for Porter!