Some Heffner Twin Turbo R8 Footage From VIR

Heffner Performance

I took delivery of my red R8 three Saturdays ago, exactly seven days before it had to leave if I was going to get to Virginia International Raceway in time to stretch it's legs on the full course. When the car first arrived it was immediately apparent that the car was missing something (beside two turbos). We immediately got to work installing the turbo systyem, painting a few black accents, painting the emblems and front grille black, installing a set of H&R springs and a set of our Heffner ADV1 wheels. The car turned out amazingly well.

Dan Wang and his friend Mike were gracious enough to meet me out there to shoot some video. We had very limited permission to be on track with cameras but Dan and Mike managed to do a fantastic job capturing the car and putting the video together.

I hope you enjoy the video. I'll get some pictures of the car up shortly after it gets detailed. We had a ton of rain out there and the car is quite messy now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odIMWj0n2PU

Had the pleasure of driving one of those TT R8s (Thanks TurboGallardo!) couple of months ago and I was blown away how much fun it is. Very controllable, very fast and the sound... drool....

Great job on the video, Dan!

cool video, i would love to see pictures of the car with the little accents you did to it, only got a quick glimpse in the video

• 2 months later...

very very nice man.

1 question tho?

when grabbing extra horses outta the r8 (v8) do you need to change drive line internals? or does the v8 use the same drive line has the V10? if so what mods have you done to the drive train?

• 2 weeks later...

Jason excellent work on that gorgeous car! Has to be my favorite looking R8 by far.

Dan, great work on the video! I also love to see your work.

Something awesome about people using their talents well. Congratulations to the both of you!

you can now pick one up way under 100k, Heff R8TT is sounding pretty good now!

I'll grant you under, but way under? I think the cheapest one I've ever seen was around 90k asking price, and that was an outlier. I thought most of the '08's were still in the 95-100k+ range as far as asking prices. Which would be hard for me to justify as compared to say an '05 G for similar money. Now if a nice R8 could be bought for say 80k (way under 100k, IMO :) ) with less than 30k miles on it, I could see losing the V10 of the G and gaining the amenities and other things that come with an R8 maybe.

I'll grant you under, but way under? I think the cheapest one I've ever seen was around 90k asking price, and that was an outlier. I thought most of the '08's were still in the 95-100k+ range as far as asking prices. Which would be hard for me to justify as compared to say an '05 G for similar money. Now if a nice R8 could be bought for say 80k (way under 100k, IMO :) ) with less than 30k miles on it, I could see losing the V10 of the G and gaining the amenities and other things that come with an R8 maybe.

I haven't seen any 'way' under $100K. Under, yes, but not that much. Didn't someone just buy a used 09 on here and had to pay on top of his G trade?